Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 07:53 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,450,499 times

Advertisements

Don't kid yourselves, all those elite politicians will have their children in the national guard or safely away from combat as support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 08:19 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
No only that, but their kids will be the first line of infantry and they will be grunts. No excuses.
I didn't make myself clear - That too^^^^. Hell, I'll go a step further and include the Politicians
I'm not even going to give them an age waiver....

Old 09-17-2014, 08:23 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
As am I, as are millions of other American's which is exactly the point I am getting across.
These wars would not be happening if everyone had to join.
I don't believe that. I've said before, if the baby boomers are as aloof as the "silent generation" was
with their Vietnam kids, I'm not waiting until 60K are dead, before the apathetic American wakes up.

I believe these wars will not be happening when folks vote for Congress and Presidential leaders
that have a non intervention foreign policy and agree to only allow war by declaration of such by Congress.

We've had presidential wars since WWII and that is what has got to stop.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:29 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,461,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
"In May 1961, JFK authorized sending an additional 500 Special Forces troops and military
advisers
to assist the pro-Western government of South Vietnam. By the end of 1962, there were
approximately 11,500 military advisers in South Vietnam; that year, 52 soldiers had been killed.
The president would soon send additional military advisers to support the South Vietnamese
Army. By the end of 1963, the numbers had risen to 16,000."

http://www.jfklibrary.org/~/media/as...son%20Plan.pdf

WASHINGTON – President Obama told US troops Wednesday he would not commit them fight in another ground war in Iraq – but then hours later the White House said Obama would consider requests to “forward deploy” troops as advisers to Iraqi forces.
“I want to be clear. The American forces that have been deployed to Iraq do not and will not have a combat mission,” Obama said in a speech at US Central Command in Tampa.
“As your commander in chief I will not commit you and the rest of our armed forces to fighting another ground war in Iraq,” Obama promised the troops.

Obama: No combat forces in Iraq, but ‘adviser’ troops possible | New York Post

I guess if the President says these troops are not "boots on the ground", then they must be barefoot or wearing flip flops.
Its all semantics. We can play with words all day long.
Why not say directly what you dislike about latest Obama military actions? Obama knows your opinion, yet decided to act differently. The only way to stop him is if congress votes against. Do you think they'll do it during the "vacation"?

Old 09-17-2014, 08:34 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I don't believe that. I've said before, if the baby boomers are as aloof as the "silent generation" was
with their Vietnam kids, I'm not waiting until 60K are dead, before the apathetic American wakes up.

I believe these wars will not be happening when folks vote for Congress and Presidential leaders
that have a non intervention foreign policy and agree to only allow war by declaration of such by Congress.

[b]We've had presidential wars since WWII and that is what has got to stop.[\b]
Very much in agreement.
Too much blood and treasure being flushed down the toilet and it is quite clear that it is not for defense and nor is the average American benefiting from it.

There will always be conflicts going on around the world and we seem to only make them worse.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:35 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Whatever side Obama and the Dems are on you can bet the Tea Party will be on the opposite side. What a bunch of frauds we have with the Tea Party. They tell us they dont oppose abortion, gay rights, marijuana, etc...they only want reduced spending. Tell you what when a Tea Partier shows up your better grab you wallet. They brought us Iraq, Afghanistan, and a pile of debt...now the Tea Party wants us to jump in with both feet with Isis.

Most Hawkish on ISIS? Tea Party Wing of GOP - Washington Wire - WSJ
It's unbelievable just how uneducated you are.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:36 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

We've had presidential wars since WWII and that is what has got to stop.
We had that chance not too long ago, but everyone called him and his non interventionist foreign policy "crazy".

Old 09-17-2014, 08:46 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I guess Conservatives don't realize how ludicrous they sound, continually attacking every move this great President makes, when they have no record of success.
You lost me and most of the world when you called liar Obama a "great president". You are delusional.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I thought the President was very clear. We are not committing our troops to another Republican-style war, where we think we can change someone else's ideology simply by a "shock and awe" display of military might. This is Neanderthal diplomacy, Republican-style. This effort requires many facets, and includes a coalition of nations. Military personnel may exist to facilitate this smarter, more sophisticated mission, but they are not there to "lead a charge".

:
Hmmm.... sounds just like what JFK said about Viet Nam.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Who is that fool kidding? "Adviser" troops? What, they're going to carry around a bouquet of flowers? What is going to happen the very first time a squad of those "adviser" troops gets ambushed and killed? The lies that flow from this idiot's mouth is unreal.

Then again, we did have enough idiots think this statement was a-ok: "We have to pass it to see what's in it."

Only in 'Murica.

This isn't going to be won, and frankly, I don't believe the US actually wants us to "win" this. I think this is all by design.
Exactly. Obama has no objective to win. His only objective is to keep the wolves at bay until after the elections. He is only maneuvering to help Dems win the elections. After that, he couldn't give a rats ass what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies