Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 01:59 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Precisely what I want to know.

Oh. Perhaps it is because the mythical god Yahweh (patron deity of some sects of ancient Hebrews) is said not to have cared for it.

He also didn't care for the eating of shellfish or the wearing of clothes made of more than one material. He also supposedly (according to The Bible) endorsed the stoning to death of back-talking, disrespectful children.

Gee. I guess all those folks who wear cotton-poly blend shirts or enjoy a nice buttery lobster dinner are "perversions of nature."
Aw, poor baby. Hate much?

Old 09-23-2014, 01:59 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Precisely what I want to know.

Oh. Perhaps it is because the mythical god Yahweh (patron deity of some sects of ancient Hebrews) is said not to have cared for it.

He also didn't care for the eating of shellfish or the wearing of clothes made of more than one material. He also supposedly (according to The Bible) endorsed the stoning to death of back-talking, disrespectful children.

Gee. I guess all those folks who wear cotton-poly blend shirts or enjoy a nice buttery lobster dinner are "perversions of nature."
Pretty much every discussion I have had where it's a "perversion" comes from the Bible. It's the word of God for homosexuality because they like that, and things they don't like need to be "interpreted" to mean something else. There's nothing in the Bible that tells anyone what is, or is not, the word of God..just the guess of the person. Which is why there are about 30,000 different interpretations to it.

It can't be 100% the word of God....except this part, or this part, and this was just applied back then...

You don't see all the types of Biblical marriages, or even relationships, extolled by literalists.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:00 PM

17,410 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Two gay men were in a park shoving their perverted sex behavior in the public's face when one man decided to speak up. It's good seeing someone stand up for decency in the face of rampant immorality.

Gay wedding interrupted by hateful rant - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego
What is up with you posting things that have only a grain of truth in them?

Apparently, you like attention as much as the shouting douchebag in the video.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:03 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,898 times
That was funny. Did you see the hubby or wife boo hooing about how their wedding day was ruined.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:03 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

Apparently, you like attention as much as the shouting douchebag in the video.
I think the OP was being sarcastic...

Old 09-23-2014, 02:05 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Aw, poor baby. Hate much?
It's not hate to point out the use of a book as justification to hate others that is done badly.

It's honest. Even if it hurts bigots feelings.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:05 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
What makes you think the ABC 10 article only had a grain of truth in it? What are you suggesting they lied about?

Old 09-23-2014, 02:14 PM

17,410 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I think the OP was being sarcastic...
I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What makes you think the ABC 10 article only had a grain of truth in it? What are you suggesting they lied about?
ABC's report is fine.

It's the wording of your topic that I have a problem with.

Just like the Texas driver's license, this is a legitimate issue that you've taken and twisted to get attention just for attentions sake.

It's pretty crappy actually.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:14 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Live and let live.

I echo those sentiments. People really have nothing else better to do these days than to be up in everyone elses business.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:17 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
I know.

ABC's report is fine.

It's the wording of your topic that I have a problem with.

Just like the Texas driver's license, this is a legitimate issue that you've taken and twisted to get attention just for attentions sake.

It's pretty crappy actually.
The OP is a very openly homosexual, long time member who for some reason has started posting from an anti-gay position in order to troll for attention or cause new members to attack him. It's fairly pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies