Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2014, 12:48 PM

Location: Looks like I'm getting out "Valley On The Sun" Arizona
190 posts, read 415,757 times

Advertisements

Put a pig at the entrance....problem solved.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:49 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
If you are force by threat of violence to pay taxes for a service that you do not want or receive, those "taxes" are extortion.
So you keep saying.

Quote:
The Constitution is not the source of morality. However yes, it does numerate and limit the "proper" use of taxation. (Obviously it is interpreted however the ruling elite wish to interpret it though, because they are the rulers who rule by aggression.)
They should have asked you first, since you're the arbiter of what's moral.

Quote:
And being forced to hand your money over to a more favored person by threats of violence, even if its called a "tax" is just that, a "shakedown", with no justification. Just as being forced to fund a benefit to another is not charity, or "tax", it is just extortion.
So you keep saying. I suggest, if you feel you are the victim of a crime or feel you're being threatened, you contact the police. Personally I don't think you'll get far.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:50 PM

By the way, there's nothing immoral about being expected to contribute to the society from which you benefit. Your claim that being taxed is immoral is false.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:54 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Nothing Found

We're sorry, but the page you're looking for, doesn't exist or has been removed.

Read more at http://janmorganmedia.com/2014/09/bu...eetbdKGruck.99

Got to her already.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:56 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
By the way, there's nothing immoral about being expected to contribute to the society from which you benefit. Your claim that being taxed is immoral is false.
I did not say all tax was immoral. I said that a "fee for service" is completely appropriate and moral. If someone receives a service that they willingly bought, "taxes" are nothing more than what happens when you buy anything from a business. However when the "store" forces you to buy products against your will, or even charges you for products that you never receive...that is a different story. No biggie, just my opinion, and since I am not a thug, I will not be using aggression to "convert" you. LOL

Old 09-30-2014, 12:58 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
So you keep saying. I suggest, if you feel you are the victim of a crime or feel you're being threatened, you contact the police. Personally I don't think you'll get far.
Is that like approaching the gestapo hoping to get protection from the Hitler? LOL

Old 09-30-2014, 01:00 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Own a business that caters to the public and you are held to laws that often protect those you disagree with. I have my own shooting range. This allows me to control who I allow to shoot and who I turn away. I don't have to allow a single soul on my property to shoot. I have told many no and can do so because I don't charge for the right to shoot on my land. It is by invitation only.
This person can close her business and restrict whomever she likes. In a perfect world we would be allowed to be selective about who we serve and have a large selection of all services offered.
Would I allow a car load of ME Arabs I didn't know access to my shooting range? Never, but then I wouldn't let a truck load of kluckers use it either. That's why I have my own range, so I can be very selective about who I shoot with.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:02 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why would you say something so ridiculous?

You're in the business of drilling wells, yet you tell potential customers that you WON'T drill a well for them?

*SIGH*

Who on Earth DOES THAT?

Do tell...Why would you NOT drill a well for someone that is paying for it when you're in the drilling business. Please..Because I've gotta hear this one...

I swear, the things you read on CD!
I see the point, sometimes things don't seem right with the person or business you are dealing with, so you sever ties so you don't take a chance in getting screwed. Makes sense to me, many people use their instincts n business.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
I did not say all tax was immoral. I said that a "fee for service" is completely appropriate and moral. If someone receives a service that they willingly bought, "taxes" are nothing more than what happens when you buy anything from a business. However when the "store" forces you to buy products against your will, or even charges you for products that you never receive...that is a different story. No biggie, just my opinion, and since I am not a thug, I will not be using aggression to "convert" you. LOL
What store?

Old 09-30-2014, 01:44 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Lmao...I believe you are right

No she cannot...read the laws posted in the beginning of the thread...she would be discriminating on religion...basic civil right...now that being said,I am 100% for a business reserving the right to service and there are ways to do that without being a total moron and posting it on her website...that was the dumb move and was done as a publicity stunt...and it worked,here we are.....FOX and "fiends" will have her on,slobber and fawn over her for awhile,the local brown shirts at the Tea Party will invite her to speak and if her WILDEST dreams happen the White Trash Barbie Pailin will mention her in one of her flatulent "tweets"...its a make it or break it time in this woman's life
I explained this already, twice, they have a federal firearms license, they can refuse a sale to anyone for any reason, get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies