Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 07:49 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,352,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
They really border on being psychotic.
When all else fails, resort to personal attacks.

Grow up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
The only "choice" the left supports it the one they'd make. If you support choice you have to support all choices not just the one you like. The truth is they're not pro choice. They're pro abortion evidenced by the fact they're up in arms that she didn't have one. Why is her CHOICE invalidated here?

I agree with you. This woman had no way of knowing whether killing her baby and going for treatment would have done anything for her. It's a gamble either way. She chose the path that let one of them live. There really was only one path that would give one person a good shot at living and that was letting the baby life. I hope people tell this child how much her mother loved her. What a beautiful story of selfless love. I wish it had a happy ending and she'd be cured anyway but fairy tales don't always come true in real life.
I support choice.

That does not mean I have to agree with said choice.

At no point did I say her freedom of choice should be taken away because I don't agree with it.

See how that works?

Old 01-18-2015, 07:53 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,922,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
When all else fails, resort to personal attacks.

Grow up.

Yes, like condemning a decision of a woman who choses facing the possibility of death over having an abortion is not bordering on psychotic. I call them like I see them.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
What of the well being of her 6 year old child. Do you know how many kids grow up without parents and turn out just fine? While losing a parent is not ideal it is not the end of the world. It sounds like this woman has family who will step in if/when she dies.
Children grow up in many adverse conditions and grow up just fine. It doesn't mean its right nor does it mean I have to agree with it.

She will die. That is a fact.

Quote:
I can't believe anyone is judging a woman dying of cancer like this. Where is the compassion the left is supposed to have? She's dying . She didn't choose this. What she did is make the best choice under awful circumstances. She chose the path that gave someone the greatest chance to live. It just happens the person with the greatest chance to live was her baby and she pretty much gave up any chance she had by saving the baby. I commend her selflessness and bravery. And yes I think her children deserve to be taken care of. It's not like their mom went out and deliberately got cancer so she could screw society.
I have compassion for her. I have compassion for her children. She chose not to seek treatment. While I support her right to this choice, I do not agree with her choice. She chose the path that will ensure neither child grows up with their mother. Bad choice.

Quote:
When you have to make a choice between two people, you choose the one with the best odds of survival. Ask any EMT. When my aunt and uncle were in a motorcycle accident the paramedics couldn't work on both of them. They quickly assessed that she had the best chance of making it and saved her life. He died. It is logical to choose that the person with the best chance at living be given the chance to live when you have to make a choice between two people. That's what this mom did. Her chances were not good either way but the baby's chances were great.
The best odds of survival would have been mom if she had taken advantage of the medical treatments available.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Yes, they have. Have you ever heard of China's one child policy?
1. We are talking about America

2. Shall I dig up good ole right wing fascist Hitler for your viewing pleasure?

Old 01-18-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
What does China have to do with it?
Nothing.

But the mention of China in these debates garners its own Godwin's Law at this point. Its bull****.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:56 PM

29,579 posts, read 19,687,463 times
Quote:
Quite simply, the well being of my already existing, feeling, thinking relatives hold more weight to me than a fetus.
So that unborn baby did not exist, feel or have the capacity to think? At what point do you start calling a fetus a baby?

Quote:

Or he'll be resentful that his mother had the chance to help herself and refused to do so.
Yes he might be resentful, but I'm sure that his sister will be glad that her mother allowed her to live.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
China is a Communist nation that interferes with its citizens reproductive rights, just like the right wants government to limit a woman's reproductive rights in this country.

Republicans for less government?.....not when it comes to legislating women's rights....then they are all for big government.
Word.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:57 PM

Back in 1959 a woman in the city of Cebu was told she would have a 50% or greater chance of dying if she did not abort her child. She chose to have the child. She lived 18 more years after that child was born. The child, born in 1959, is now my wife.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
1. We are talking about America

2. Shall I dig up good ole right wing fascist Hitler for your viewing pleasure?
She said leftists, not American leftists, improve your reading comprehension skills.

If we stick to America I will bring up the founder of Planned Parenthood and eugenics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies