Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 03:13 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Oh but I thought people in the "good old days" were smart and knew what they were doing are you saying your father's generation isn't the Greatest Generation after all? After all, your father and his father were the generations that gave us Social Security, Medicare, organized labor, 8 hour work day, 40 hour work week, women getting the right to vote, the end of Jim Crow. Libertarianism wishes to roll back all of those accomplishments because "the market" can do all those, and better. Bull****!
Actually, it was the fascist Marxist bigots (a.k.a. Democrats) that they elected that gave us Social Security, and MediCare/MedicAid. It was those very same fascist communist bigots who vehemently opposed women's suffrage, and created and strongly supported Jim Crow "separate but equal" laws. Just as those very same fascist Marxist bigots today support ObamaCare and Affirmative Action.

One thing that has been made very apparent over the 186 year history of the Democratic Party - they are always on the wrong side of history, even today, and the people have suffered and continue to suffer greatly because of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 03:19 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I've never heard Ford make the worst list...wondering why?
Probably because Ford was the only President in US history that never received either a popular, or Electoral College, vote. He just occupied the White House for two years vetoing everything the Democrat controlled Congress passed.

Old 10-03-2014, 03:22 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
I've thought he might but unless he stumbles mightily in the last 2 years, the answer is definitely not the worst President based on 6 years anyway.

Old 10-03-2014, 03:46 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Angry *

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinctwentyone
Will Obama be named the worst president in U.S history
If he isnt,HE SHOULD BE!!

Old 10-03-2014, 04:00 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,490,263 times
He's a president? I thought he was the United States golf ambassador.
In all seriousness he has done things that are good for the Country.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:49 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
The fact is that Obama promised the most transparent administration and yet the news media says he has run the most secretive one.

The fact is that Obama promised to cut the deficit in half and instead increased it by 50%.
Again, complete failure to understand how numbers work.

Obama inherited a $1.2 trillion estimated deficit( which was an underestimate, but that's another topic), and reduced it to roughly $500 billion. Much like the "destroyed millions of jobs" claim, there's absolutely no question that it's false.

We have two choices that I see. First, you don't understand basic math. Number two, you are actively lying. But in any case, again, you are simply incorrect, on the numbers.

Simply put, if you don't understand that 500 != 1.5*(1,200), you're a fool. And if you think you can just put out a brazen falsehood without being called out on it, you're still a fool. This is the sort of absurd, outlandish statement that you don't get to come back from.

This is the sort of nonsense I meant by my last post. We've seen millions of jobs *created* under the Obama administration, by all counts, and yet we're expected to believe that he "destroyed millions of jobs". Nonsense.

By your own account, looking at the numbers, Obama is a success. And yet, you throw a tantrum and incorrectly call him a failure on the issue.

Why?

ETA: Again, A lot of the things that conservatives are screaming about are *good* (eg. rights for LGBT couples), but also, many of the things they're screaming about *didn't happen*. And this is a classic example of that. When you're arguing against numbers, there's no point in taking you seriously. You've failed horribly, you should probably never be taken seriously again.

The notion that Obama is "the worst president in history" that republicans has been screaming has fallen apart. One only needs to look to his immediate predecessor to see a worse President - and as many history buffs have pointed out, GWB was also not the worst. So, what's even the point of bringing up this stupid question again?

Last edited by Hadoken; 10-03-2014 at 05:07 AM..

Old 10-03-2014, 04:58 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,638 times
He's in the middle.

Reagan and W are the worst in recent memory-- one for intentionally bringing the world to the brink of nuclear war out of sheer stupidity and handing the economy over the to banks and global corporations, and the other for ignoring the economy, creating terrorists through war and causing the 2008 crash that has resulted in 6 years of turmoil.

Old 10-03-2014, 05:24 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
I remember when I was a kid there was a one man show about Harry Truman and he came off as an American folk hero. Later I came to learn that he left office with George W. Bush type poll numbers because of the Korean War. Now we have partisan journalists as our primary news providers proclaiming failure before the first hundred days.

I would not rank any president until his generation mostly dies off.

Old 10-03-2014, 05:28 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Will Obama be named the worst president in U.S history

Nope.

He'll go into the history books as one of the good ones. Unlike his predecessor.

Old 10-03-2014, 05:39 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
I don't see how anyone could ever be worse than George W Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies