Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 12:37 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,078,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinctwentyone View Post

Will this be named the worst ever presidency?
It will not because it would reflect badly on the people who propped him up (the so-called news media). Just like the administration is loathe to say it was wrong so does the news media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 01:33 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,739,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Kept McCain away from the nuclear launch codes.

Kept Hillary away from the nuclear launch codes.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:12 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,161,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinctwentyone View Post
I have to disagree with this. To me there is no bigger damage than running up the debt like he is as well as the massive influx of immigration which will ultimately destroy America and its heritage in a hundred different ways. Let's not even get into the wars that are starting will likely outspend that of Iraq soon enough.
Didn't Bush do exactly those two things? He STARTED baseless wars against Afghanistan and Iraq that destabilized both regions and caused the conflicts Obama has to deal with now. He also crashed the economy by pushing thru complete corporate deregulation. Obama being the worst president because things got worse than the moment Bush left office is like blaming the 9/11 rescue workers for not rescuing people fast enough.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:25 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,805,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Snuffy
He makes jimmy carter look good. So. Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310
Absolutely the worst.

He hasn't hit rock bottom. He still has two years to screw up even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I give you Exhibit A, ladies and gentlemen
It's hard to take anyone seriously who is as extreme on his side, as those he calls out on the other side.

All of you are equally blinded by ideology, for ideologies sake.

I think Obama is a very smart man who is out of his depth as President. His view of the world is a Candyland full of ponies and rainbows. He believes that if he is apologetic to people who are basically evil, they'll come around and play nice.

Look around, the world is in flames at the moment... and much of this has been caused by the last two Presidents.

Worst President in foreign policy so far, for sure. We'll see how he finishes up over the next two years. I hope he can pull out something good when he's forced to work with Republicans, just as Clinton was forced to.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:37 PM

76 posts, read 57,791 times
Will Obama be named the worst president in U.S history

It's not true that he "will be".

He already has been.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:38 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,548,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I think the poster you are responding to might be mixing up the budget deficit with the national debt. There is no doubt Obama has been a disaster regarding our debt which is spiraling out of control.
Again, there's no doubt that he is not a disaster. Again, he had a 1.2 Trillion dollar projected deficit from second 1 - a projection that, in retrospect, was too small - and moved it to 500 billion. To fix this immediately would require one of two moves:

1) Massive cuts to the federal government. Want border control? That would be destroyed. FBI? Them, too. Any standards for manufacturing? Gone. Kill Bin Laden? Nope. Science? No. Like interstate highways? Gone. Health Care for veterans? Out. And oh yeah, tens of millions of US citizens would become unemployed - and would have no money, because unemployment benefits would be cut.

2) Doubling the tax rate. You think you're paying a lot now? Also, again, tens of millions unemployed.

3) some combo of the previous two.

The Great Recession was a terrible crisis, Obama solved it with absolutely no help from the vast majority of republicans in congress. Yes, we will be paying for our mistake for quite some time. That's what happens when you make a huge mistake.

However, the poster I replied to said that Obama increased the deficit by 50%, and in that, s/he is clearly incorrect.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:48 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,548,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I did not have a problem with Reagan who skipped 99% of them knowing that he, like Obama, still get the same information delivered to them. Some prefer formal meetings, and some read the reports for themselves.
Got it in one.

The daily intelligence briefings are *written* reports. GWB held daily, spoken, briefings, because he preferred to have it spoken to him, rather than reading.

And I'm fine with that. As long as the president gets the info he needs to make decisions regarding national security.

Obama has it sent to his iPad, last I heard, and reads it wherever.

Again, not a problem. But for some reason, the right wing decided to freak out about this, and for a moment, much of the media followed along.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:48 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,752,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Didn't Bush do exactly those two things? He STARTED baseless wars against Afghanistan and Iraq that destabilized both regions and caused the conflicts Obama has to deal with now. He also crashed the economy by pushing thru complete corporate deregulation. Obama being the worst president because things got worse than the moment Bush left office is like blaming the 9/11 rescue workers for not rescuing people fast enough.

Your analogy only works if Obama was slowly improving things. He DIDN't. Almost everything has become significantly worse under him. The debt has skyrocketed. The economy hasn't really improved. He has been a massive failure in foreign policies bringing the US into dangerous territory. Putin didn't screw around with Bush like he does with Obama.

And Obamacare is completely his legacy. The legislation has helped a few while causing the majority to either lose or pay more for their health coverage.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:50 PM

87 posts, read 90,658 times
Obama is definately NOT the worst President in history. There are actually quite a few candidates who are far, far worse. Im looking at you James Buchanan!!

I would not say Obama has been a great President either, just kind of middle of the road.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:55 PM

87 posts, read 90,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Snuffy
He makes jimmy carter look good. So. Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310
Absolutely the worst.

He hasn't hit rock bottom. He still has two years to screw up even more.

It's hard to take anyone seriously who is as extreme on his side, as those he calls out on the other side.

All of you are equally blinded by ideology, for ideologies sake.

I think Obama is a very smart man who is out of his depth as President. His view of the world is a Candyland full of ponies and rainbows. He believes that if he is apologetic to people who are basically evil, they'll come around and play nice.

Look around, the world is in flames at the moment... and much of this has been caused by the last two Presidents.

Worst President in foreign policy so far, for sure. We'll see how he finishes up over the next two years. I hope he can pull out something good when he's forced to work with Republicans, just as Clinton was forced to.
Is Obama really the Worst foreign policy President? I would have to give that title to his predecessor George W. Bush. Im sorry but his foreign policy was the worst I have ever seen, the world literally HATED us when he was President. I understand many nations will NEVER care for the US, but when even the Canadians cant stand you, you've really pissed everyone off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies