Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 07:31 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

its true about booze and smoking anything, but people dont want to hear that stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 08:04 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Just like alcohol. I hope you don't participate in the evil liquid.

I guess I am failing in the point I am trying to make.

I AM FOR LEGALIZATION OF MJ!!!!

But I get the impression that MJ, is now getting spun, as something that will only be a POSITIVE in your life when you use it. There are many very good effects you can get from all sorts of drugs......heroin users could probably name 10 great effect they get from doing heroin.

The problem is once you want or need to experience those good effects all the time.....then occasional use becomes using more and more often....with less and less payoff. And let us not forget with all of the good effects of MJ........also comes some negative effects.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:09 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Show me a few of these many people.

HUM, SOME people can be and are negatively impacted from using drugs.....including MJ.

Do people actually believe there is something so very, very special about MJ.......in that this, LOL,
non-addictive DRUG only bestows good things on its users???????????????????????

Old 10-08-2014, 08:45 PM

5,576 posts, read 7,999,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
So this is somewhat a bit of stretching the truth with the title. The expert Professor Wayne Hall (one of the WHO's drug experts) reviewed 20 years of studies. He didn't have a 20 year study with all this new evidence. He simply looked at a bunch of OTHER research and made his own conclusions based on it

What 20 years of research on cannabis use has taught us

His conclusions are still pretty bad, but this isn't based on any new evidence, just the same stuff that's been around already.
Exactly; there is no new information here that we didn't already know. This is being misinterpreted and milked for sensationalist headlines, which have the added bonus of feeding prohibitionists' desperate hope of overturning the mountain of evidence and reasoning that has accumulated against their position.

And for the record, any psychotropic drug is bad for you, including marijuana which although very unlikely to kill or seriously injure you does nevertheless has real side effects - even in the few cases where psychotropic drugs are medically absolutely necessary one must choose between two evils, insanity and the drugs. No one has died from marijuana, but prescription drugs kill 100 000 people every year, more than from all illegal drugs combined. The number of people killed by preventable medical errors is likely around 100 000 every year and possibly as many as 400 000 (source). If there's anything that should be prevented and stopped it's people dying from botched-up medical treatment, and one might suppose that people that are truly concerned about public health as the prohibitionists claim they are would be paying far more attention to the half a million people killed by the medical system every year than criminalizing the use of a drug that has killed few if any people.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:53 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
HUM, SOME people can be and are negatively impacted from using drugs.....including MJ.

Do people actually believe there is something so very, very special about MJ.......in that this, LOL,
non-addictive DRUG only bestows good things on its users???????????????????????
Back up your statement
I'm really surprised that so many people deny that MJ can be, and in some cases is...a very big problem in SOME MJ-USERS lives.

Again show me proof of these "so many" people who are deniers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies