Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 06:09 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,836,448 times

Advertisements

Leftists--->>Nothing to see here .. Just move along!

Quote:
An Arizona county party official said he saw a man stuffing “hundreds” of ballots into the ballot box and later told a local news outlet the entire incident was caught on surveillance video.

“A person wearing a Citizens for a Better Arizona T-shirt dropped a large box of hundreds of early ballots on the table and started stuffing the ballot box as I watched in amazement,” said A.J. LaFaro, chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Party.

The Maricopa County GOP chairman provided the Arizona Daily Independent with the following account of what happened during the Aug. 26 primary election cycle:

Guy: “What’s your problem?”

LaFaro: “I don’t have a problem.”

Guy: “Stop watching me. You’re annoying me.”

LaFaro: “One of your ballots isn’t sealed.”

Guy: “It’s none of your business. What’s your name?”

LaFaro: “I’m the chairman of the Maricopa County Republican Party. What’s yours?”

Guy: “Go f*** yourself. I don’t have to tell you who I am.”

LaFaro said he later submitted a public information request and obtained this surveillance video from 12:30- 1:30 on Aug. 25 (audio unavailable)

AZ ballot box stuffing on tape - YouTube

Surveillance Video Apparently Catches Guy Doing Something at the Ballot Box That Left Republican Monitor Stunned | Video | TheBlaze.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 06:24 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Okay....are you saying those that go through those ballots are incapable of weeding out these potentially bogus ballots? Heck, how do you know he isn't dropping off ballots for those that aren't able to make it to the ballot box?

Also, I am guessing this man is dropping off mail in ballots, which also begs the question, how does a photo ID prevent voter fraud from mail in ballots.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:42 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,522,264 times
Our voting system is so corrupt and voter ID is just the beginning of much needed oversight.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:58 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
Our voting system is so corrupt and voter ID is just the beginning of much needed oversight.
Oh yeah? So what needed things do we need to do to fix our "corrupt" voting system?

Old 10-20-2014, 07:00 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,469,695 times
I suspect a legitimate explanation. It makes no sense for a ballot box to be left unattended in an empty lobby.

Lafaros' description is over the top: "LaFaro described the man as a “vulgar, disrespectful, violent thug” with “no respect for our laws.” He said he would have followed the man to his car to get his tag number but “feared for [his] life.”

First comment in your link:
"One of CBA’s core activities is to encourage voters to fill out absentee ballots and then offer to deliver the completed ballots to the polling station for them. Unless CBA workers are filling out fraudulent ballots, there is nothing here that is illegal. CBA is merely helping voters cast their votes.

That said, most groups focused on increasing voter turnout are liberal ones, and CBA probably targets heavily Democratic neighborhoods. Conservatives can’t stop CBA’s activities without evidence of some broken laws, but we can use the exact same tactic among our own most vulnerable constituencies: blue collar and rural whites, and homebound senior citizens.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:01 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Ah yes, there MUST be massive corruption if your guys arent getting elected right?

Bwahahaha.

Sigh.

Come on folks, work on selling your message, not disenfranchising voters, and gerrymandering districts.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:04 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,522,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh yeah? So what needed things do we need to do to fix our "corrupt" voting system?
something to keep that little jerk from stuffing ballots in a box. Votes need to be securely captured electronically.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:28 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
something to keep that little jerk from stuffing ballots in a box. Votes need to be securely captured electronically.
As much of a fan of computers and technology as I am, computers are a even worse choice.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:45 PM

27,154 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Box 13

Old 10-20-2014, 09:18 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,927,270 times
Just a comment. The only primary that was really contested in Arizona was the Republican one. So if there was any 'stuffing' going on it would be registered Republicans or registered independents/unaffiliated voters who had elected to vote in the Republican primary. So - and assuming there is any illegal activity - this is more likely to be Republican on Republican than Democrat on Republican.

Also, drop boxes for absentee ballots are often/usually unattended and do not have 'monitors' at them. However, to be valid, the absentee ballot has to be in the envelope that is delivered with it to the voter and has to be signed by the voter. That envelope does have an identifier on it so you cannot just stuff a bunch of random ballots'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies