Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2015, 10:50 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I've said before, they are not going to come walking up waving a gun and give you time to pull your own. I would imagine this happens more often than you'd think and the victims are too embarrassed to report it.

Lol. Tell that to former CNN anchor Lynne Russell and her husband.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 10:58 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
IMO.....if you are not willing to kill......do not carry.......ever.
I think that is a little over simplified.

It should be.... If you are not willing to do whatever it takes to save your life in a dire situation, then don't carry.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:34 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default Open carry enthusiast robbed at gunpoint

Precisely why I prefer concealed carry.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:08 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,650,020 times
the problem with gun nuts is they think just because they carry a gun it gives them immunity from anything.they think, like in the movies, everything goes into slow motion, and the menacing music comes up and you can clearly see the enemy.unless you are very aware of your surroundings and can act in a split second and very accurately access the situation, a gun is useless.Gabrielle Giffords proved that very well.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:12 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
the problem with gun nuts is they think just because they carry a gun it gives them immunity from anything.they think, like in the movies, everything goes into slow motion, and the menacing music comes up and you can clearly see the enemy.unless you are very aware of your surroundings and can act in a split second and very accurately access the situation, a gun is useless.Gabrielle Giffords proved that very well.
And here we go ladies and gentleman, leftist meme...

I asked before, who says what you say, you know these gun nuts?

Links please, and be careful if you actually do research on your own, and not parrot what you fellow lefties say, you'll find out those links you provide re ONLY from leftist websites....

Old 07-03-2015, 02:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Bound to happen. I would sure hate to have that story told about me until the end of time!

He then pulled a pistol from the waistband of his pants, pointed it at Coleman and said, “I like your gun. Give it to me.”

Open carry enthusiast robbed at gunpoint:
I still think this is one of the funniest stories ever.

Folks don't understand that you can pack all the heat that you want, but it's meaningless if you don't get the drop.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:19 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I've said before, they are not going to come walking up waving a gun and give you time to pull your own. I would imagine this happens more often than you'd think and the victims are too embarrassed to report it.
Indeed. Its going to be, shoot first, ask questions later.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:26 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I still think this is one of the funniest stories ever.

Folks don't understand that you can pack all the heat that you want, but it's meaningless if you don't get the drop.
You are wrong and you know it...

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen.aspx

Quote:
A Domino’s pizza delivery driver was returning to his store in Hollywood, Fla. when a pair of masked and armed men attempted to rob him. The driver responded by retrieving a gun and shooting at the robbers, striking and killing one and causing the other to flee.
I guess the pizza guy was lucky...

Quote:
A woman entered Spalitto’s Pharmacy in Kansas City, Mo., claimed she was armed, and demanded Oxycontin from a pharmacist. The pharmacist responded to the threat by retrieving a .45-caliber pistol and levelling it at the robber, which prompted her to flee.
And of course you are a physic, and knew she really did not have a gun...

Quote:
A woman was walking to her car in Portland, Maine, when a man armed with a knife approached her and demanded money. The woman refused and got inside her vehicle, where she retrieved a gun. The woman then pointed the firearm at the criminal, prompting the thief to flee the scene. (The Portland Press-Herald, Portland, Maine 06/08/15)
She did not "get the drop" and won....

Thousands more at the link above, but as most, those are cherry picked and mean nothing...

Old 07-03-2015, 02:58 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
The problem with anti gun nut cases is they think just because someone carries a gun they are immune from crime and need not be aware. (I can sling it right back.)

A TRAINED person is aware. I can deliver two accurate shots out to 15 yards (not feet) in 1.6 seconds or less, from concealed. I know people who can do it in .09. That is faster than most criminals with a drawn gun can recognize you are moving and react. I know thousands of people who can meet those standards.

Gabrielle is a biggoted, brain damaged idiot with a vendetta against gun owners. She had armed security who failed to see the threat until too late. That isn't MY fault, but she wants to take MY rights because her security failed.

AND - this is why you carry a back up. Take my primary, I'll shoot you with my other gun.

Old 07-03-2015, 03:29 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
The problem with anti gun nut cases is they think just because someone carries a gun they are immune from crime and need not be aware. (I can sling it right back.)

A TRAINED person is aware. I can deliver two accurate shots out to 15 yards (not feet) in 1.6 seconds or less, from concealed. I know people who can do it in .09. That is faster than most criminals with a drawn gun can recognize you are moving and react. I know thousands of people who can meet those standards.

Gabrielle is a biggoted, brain damaged idiot with a vendetta against gun owners. She had armed security who failed to see the threat until too late. That isn't MY fault, but she wants to take MY rights because her security failed.

AND - this is why you carry a back up. Take my primary, I'll shoot you with my other gun.
What if they take your backup? Do you have a backup for your backup?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies