Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 05:56 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If there is any doubt you are supposed to find for innocence.
Thats not true. if theres any reasonable doubt. and that verbage is very very important.

Its why OJ walked. there was some reasonable doubt.

If the standard was "any doubt" then very very very few people would be in jail.

Old 10-09-2014, 05:56 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
People like her should simply be executed immediately. No need to sit on Death Row for decades.

I agree as you do. People who were killed, did not get years to be killed, they died when the monsters ended their life early.

And they sit on death row for how long, before being executed. What a waste of trash.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:00 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Thats not true. if theres any reasonable doubt. and that verbage is very very important.

Its why OJ walked. there was some reasonable doubt.

If the standard was "any doubt" then very very very few people would be in jail.
Indeed one does not have to consider that aliens did it. It's not legit to say she is guilty enough to spend life in prison but not be executed. She is either guilty or not and the sentence applies.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:00 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
There are probably hundreds of convicts serving life sentences who deserved the death penalty more than Jodi.

We are making the taxpayer pay millions to determine whether to kill Jodi, but should we just give her life?

Jodi Arias Defense Has Cost More Than $2 Million
Yes, she should be executed. Her whole case should have cost a fraction
of what it did. It makes me sick that our legal system has jacked up their costs the way they do.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:03 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
NO WAY, she is a Girly!

Old 10-09-2014, 08:29 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,200,161 times
Quote:
I don't support the death penalty so no.
I do support the DP but in her case I say no.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:38 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
There are probably hundreds of convicts serving life sentences who deserved the death penalty more than Jodi.

We are making the taxpayer pay millions to determine whether to kill Jodi, but should we just give her life?

Should Jodi Arias get the death penalty? No, because nobody should get the death penalty. There should be no death penalty in a civilized ethical society.

But leaving that issue aside, should Jodi Arias get the maximum penalty possible? Absolutely. It was cold blooded murder performed by a rational adult who knew planned it out and knew what she was doing. Other than actually torturing someone to death, it doesn't much worse than that.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:45 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:

I am against the death penalty on religious grounds.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:03 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
I do support the DP but in her case I say no.
Stick her in a cell with Wanda and Bertha and she will wish she got the death penalty instead of the DP they have in mind.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:27 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
If there is any doubt you are supposed to find for innocence.
She pled guilty to murder before the first trial began. The only job the sec on jury has is to determine the penalty.

For once, I agree with loveshiscountry.

American justice is so slow to execute it is simply a huge waste of money.

I say this after a nice gal who was a friend of mine was viciously murdered. her killer was captured soon afterward, was given the death penalty, and spent the next 24 years on death row. By the time he got bit by the needle, her infant son had grown up never knowing his mother, and the only thing she was remembered for was being a victim.
She deserved a lot more than only that memory, as all her friends will attest to. But that's how it is. All the victims end up only being a fuzzy picture at the bottom of the execution account that's in the paper and hits the internet.

Her killer was a young worthless slob when he was convicted, and was nothing but an older, fatter slob he he crawled up on the gurney. His last words were a cheap insult to the families of his victims.

He didn't deserve that privilege, or the decades of feeding his ego the slow process of the appeals gave him. His execution gave me no comfort at all. Susan had been gone for so long the pain had long vanished. I became disgusted at the huge waste of money his execution had cost me and all of us.

Put them down, deep in the belly of the beast, quit talking about them, and let them live out the rest of their miserable lives in anonymity. That's the way the families can find peace, knowing he will never walk out the gates alive. It's cheaper, more likely a preventative (if there is one), and society will never have to wonder if the right thing was done or not.

if what we want as a society is suffering, not redemption, for those who kill then that's much better and more prolonged suffering. By the time they are executed, they are grateful for the release anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies