Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 02:34 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,689,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
France:
France's First Ebola Patient to Get Experimental Drug - WSJ

Yes.

What is Mexico sending us? LOL...you think we need to shut down mexico only? Please. NO one has came from mexico with it, there are no direct flights to the affected areas. Bottom line, if you really are serious about stopping it, you have to shut down ALL flights, etc. and station our military on the borders 24X7.

So your comments about the flights to/from show an amazing level of ignorance. Tell you what, lets have ALL flights from the US to the countries with Ebola shut down. Guess what? NOTHING has changed. We don't have any direct flights.

Lets revisit this in a few weeks and see how well this open flights to and from Africa is going and the spread of this disease. Put your faith in OBAMA and the CDC I give it 3 weeks and we will have atleast 10 new cases of EBOLA here and it will not be contained. while they are busy with the outbreak of FLU season and the child "mystery virus" that is spreading I say EBola wins! Because this government is in my original post STUPID. This is not the flu where you can just go on down to the ER and live thru it.

Old 10-10-2014, 02:43 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,097,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I'm not afraid over Ebola.
But for MONTHS NOW Ebola has been running wild in Africia with no signs of containment.
I ask my government to do a simple thing.
Send assistance to help with containment and learn what is going by tracking the virus and protecting the US from an increased risk of infection here.

Is this so hard to do and some how based on fear?.. or is that panic and fear that is has gotten to me.

England and France must be SCARED to death they did it long ago.
All kidding aside man,you need to relax and listen to what some of these posters are telling you...our medical facilities,our living conditions(sanitation for one) are worlds apart from where this is taking place...its ok to have a bit of anxiety over things,but you are getting WAY to upset over such small odds....your odds of hitting the lottery are infinitely greater than you catching Ebola even if you do travel a bit....quit reading these crazy websites and watching FOX news for a few days and chill out(not being a butthead,just trying to calm you down).

Old 10-10-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Yeah, see, it's not simple... AT ALL. Of course Ebola, among other diseases, are running wild in Africa because Africa has little to virtually NO medical treatment practice in most of the continent. We are NOT Africa...

Seriously, if Ebola even was airborne, it wouldn't matter at all if we shut down any planes (which you couldn't do if you even tried) or any boarders.

Ebola is running wild because they AREN'T containing it!!!! Just like the USA will not contain it with OPEN cases coming in left and right.

You keep saying if it was airborne.... Whats to say it wont be in a few months or next week :-) Contain it from the SOURCE!!!!! Stop letting it spread where is the disease is active AFRICA. YOUR TALKING like its in very country and we have to shut everything down today. LIKE CANCER you dont just say hey CANCER spread here and there you get it at the source and stop it from speading the sounding areas before cancer spreads over the body. If AFRICA cant stop the spreading as you say because they have no medical treatment. EBOLA really have no real medical treatment! They isolate you and give you fluids and see if you survive it and if you might have some other infection not actually from the VIRUS they give you antibiotics! You think we have that many ISOLATION camps around to handle that here in the hospitals? Give me a break.

Really is this the best we can do is say OH WELL IF IT SPREADS IT WONT BE OUR FAULT BECAUSE WE CANT DO ONE THING TO STOP IT. REALLY? NOT ONE THING AT ALL ITS ALL JUST UP TO EBOLA TO SPREAD WHERE IT WANTS AND GET TO AMERICA FROM AFRICA BY MAGIC!!!

Are you protecting OBAMA that much to know when it comes here you just say SEE we couldnt do anything oh well... sorry?
Oh I know you will go look look its a republican.. blame him.

Old 10-10-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
All kidding aside man,you need to relax and listen to what some of these posters are telling you...our medical facilities,our living conditions(sanitation for one) are worlds apart from where this is taking place...its ok to have a bit of anxiety over things,but you are getting WAY to upset over such small odds....your odds of hitting the lottery are infinitely greater than you catching Ebola even if you do travel a bit....quit reading these crazy websites and watching FOX news for a few days and chill out(not being a butthead,just trying to calm you down).

Like I said in my other post lets see in 3 weeks... and 3 weeks ago we should have could have... but they didn't.

When a virus is on the move that has no cure and kills you in about a week or so I question what is the PLAN. When you ask OBAMA and the CDC I can see they have no plan to them they are either stupid and or have the illusion they are controlling this and that might just be so they dont case PANIC.

But if you ask them in 2 months from now...if 1000 people are infected in the US and people are worried and in fear they WILL HAVE A PLAN then.

Its not a pretty one!

A deadly virus is a liberty killer besides at killer of LIFE.
Or all those who dont have it and those who do.

Old 10-10-2014, 02:57 PM

Maybe a member here with a degree in psychology might want to step in about now? I think we have moved beyond the point of an Infectious Disease doctorate or an experienced person in global transportation.

Old 10-10-2014, 02:58 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,893,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Actually there is .. its called the national guard and the borders into the untied states ARE CLOSED from people now I dont see a reason to close MEXICO yet.
African nations what have a outbreak YES!
Closing the southern border? Just wait until ebola shows up in Mexico and Central/South America.

We think we have hordes of illegals coming across now? We won't be able to contain the flood of ebola cases coming here for treatment unless they put the military/national guard on the border.

There won't be any other way.

Old 10-10-2014, 02:59 PM

and then there were two...................

Old 10-10-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
and then there were two...................
Y'all may very well be singing a very different tune in the coming weeks and months.

Old 10-10-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Y'all may very well be singing a very different tune in the coming weeks and months.
let me ask you two this question...WHERE are you guys getting this info from? It has always been a dream of mine to track a crazy story back to its origin...make my dream come true...please?

Old 10-10-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
let me ask you two this question...WHERE are you guys getting this info from? It has always been a dream of mine to track a crazy story back to its origin...make my dream come true...please?
One of many:

U.S. commander warns of Ebola threat at Mexican border - Washington Times#!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies