Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 01:16 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times

Advertisements

What the OP doesn't realize is that I probably have more reason to worry about Ebola then a lot of people on this forum for the simple fact that I live about 15 miles from Ft. Campbell who has deployed 3000 troops to Liberia to set up Ebola infection treatment facilities.

I don't think we should be helping this outbreak. I know we are going to, thats beyond my control, but I don't think we should.

The opening post and the third post are just full of misinformation from people who don't understand the reality of what Ebola is.

Old 10-10-2014, 01:17 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Leaving them alone is fine what does that have to do with closing flying. Spending troops is again nothing more then a political OBAMA move and has nothing to do with containing it. If a nation in Africia doesnt know how and or what to do with dead bodies etc and they need to learn and I AM SURE since EBOLA has been around for some time now they just dont have the man power to do anything about it SPREADING!

"Libertarian" doesn't mean you need to worried that some how poor countries have their borders closed to the UNITED STATES. I would be more worried as a "libertarian" what happens here with the government does with a VIRUS if it spreads here. Then you will be worrying about 2 things. No constitutional rights and dying from a disease out of control.

There is nothing WRONG with a republic the closes the doors to DANGERS from outside until those dangers have been controlled.

You can't control Africa if your busy controlling hostipals and airports for 1,000 americans sooner or later with EBOLA if you leave the flying and travel open to RISKY nations!
I didn't say it was wrong to shut our borders, I said it was stupid, asinine, idiotic, without merit, not the smartest thing we can do, and not going to have an effect on whether Ebola makes its way into the United States.

Old 10-10-2014, 01:23 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
What the OP doesn't realize is that I probably have more reason to worry about Ebola then a lot of people on this forum for the simple fact that I live about 15 miles from Ft. Campbell who has deployed 3000 troops to Liberia to set up Ebola infection treatment facilities.

I don't think we should be helping this outbreak. I know we are going to, thats beyond my control, but I don't think we should.

The opening post and the third post are just full of misinformation from people who don't understand the reality of what Ebola is.

Well now your talking about something completely different..
What Ebola is or is not is not a factor. I look at it like this.
If everything about Ebola is misinformation that means Ebola is about something else to distract you and I from the truth.

Are you saying we want Ebola to spread... or are you saying we want Ebola to spread enough to do SOMETHING ELSE and or we want Ebola to come back with the soldiers.

Keep in mind all things are possible but common sense tells me sending troops and sending anyone there and back is not SMART!

but never said our government was.

Old 10-10-2014, 01:24 PM

654 posts, read 1,250,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
CDC says Ebola could be airborne

CDC Admits Ebola Could Be Airborne

It’s the single greatest concern I’ve ever had in my 40-year public health career,” said Dr. Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota. “I can’t imagine anything in my career- and this includes HIV- that would be more devastating to the world than a respiratory transmissible Ebola virus.”

What we suspect is happening is large droplets; they can stay in the air, but not long; they don’t go far,” he explained. “But they can be absorbed in the airway, and this is how the infection starts, and this is what we think, because we saw a lot of evidence in the lungs of the non-human primates that the virus got in that way.”

If this isn't a good reason to close down borders and flights, I don't know what is.
President Obola just said it can't be spread through the air....Who do I believe?

Old 10-10-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I didn't say it was wrong to shut our borders, I said it was stupid, asinine, idiotic, without merit, not the smartest thing we can do, and not going to have an effect on whether Ebola makes its way into the United States.
Ok your talking apples and oranges..

This nation X has 5000 people with ebola
This nation Y has 2 people with ebola.

The CHANCES that those 2 people will be better contained in nation Y and easier monitored then the nation who has 5000 cases of Ebola.

The countries with 5000 Ebola patients are restricted for the SIMPLE math reason that the chances ARE HIGHER. IT does not mean Ebola will not reach America if I stop nation X from flying here but it will reduce those chances to a much higher rate.

Now based on FACTS the ONE person who did make it here was from WHERE... was he from nation X or nation Y!!!

All the other cases where the disease left Africa so far came from WHERE nation X. It didnt come from AUSTRALIA did it!!!

Its stupid, asinine and idiotic to think beyond what is right in your face when it comes to HOW the virus is spreading and where its coming from.

Old 10-10-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
President Obola just said it can't be spread through the air....Who do I believe?

Lets give it a few more weeks, a few more Americans die and then we might get the real truth.

Old 10-10-2014, 01:38 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
There it is.... the line I have been looking for... AMERICAN LEFTIST GUILT!

"Nations that were poor before, are even more poor now."
Then again to "detain" one person in TEXAS it took 15 people, and hours of man time FOR ONE PERSON to track down what he touched, spitted on, sneezed on, coughed on etc.
You want to talk about infrastructure the CDC has never been nor is any country prepared to CONTAIN virus of this nature. Its about TIME AND EXPOSURE this not about giving out FLU SHOTS!

Liberalism at its finest.. This is not political... Obama and the CDC are making political choices on this vrius.. IF some how the spread of EBOLA is now about being poor and AFRICA and keeping the flight of PASSENGERS here some how MAKES THEM POORER. ARE you saying AMERICA is what is making them richer.. Because Africans and FLY HERE. WOW Africian people HERE THIS LIBERALS AND OBAMA SAY it appears if you FLY HERE your country is now RICHER or less poor because just the IDEA that you can fly here makes you less poor.

The CDC admits as recent as today and the WHO that it can be transmitted with coughing and snezzing in certain circumstances.
Not Airborne doesnt mean its not deadly and it cant spread. In America I suspect it would spread faster then this "poor countries" do to the subways, trains and airplanes and taxi we have here.
Some should thank GOD that there isn't a disease that just infects crazy people.

Old 10-10-2014, 01:41 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Common sense tells me 2 things when it comes to this virus and why the CDC and Obama are fools.

1. Because WE stop allowing people to not fly into the USA who have ebola outbreaks that doesnt mean everything STOPS and those countries are shutdown. Europe has already put a no fly ban on them. No fly should be put in place before the african man in TEXAS man showed up.

2. The reason Obama doesnt want to close the flying from those countries is because the next LOGICAL step is close the mexico border. Because his religion of open borders and liberalism stops all common sense and he is willing to let some people DIE and let the virus spread here all in the name of future amesity.

I see no reason we can stop a highly populated area with MORE then likely the chance of infection to come to the united states. I am not saying we can't assist and try and battle the spread of the disease but TELL ME OBAMA and CDC how are you going to do that with OPEN borders an no flying restrictions if it really starts to spread.. YOU KNOW WHAT ITS TO LATE THEN IDIOTS!!

These are the same people who say its unlikely it will come here... (already happened) and its likely not to not go airborne... I'm still waiting on that one, but they already says you can get it from coughing and sneezing... So think about that while airports and contact of every common cold, virus and flu runs wild in America this winter.
Looks like SOMEBODY has been watching a little to much Fox Spews this morning lol!

And yeah, shut down the Mexico border. There's just a big button in the Oval Office that the President can push and the border just shuts down lol!

Old 10-10-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Looks like SOMEBODY has been watching a little to much Fox Spews this morning lol!

And yeah, shut down the Mexico border. There's just a big button in the Oval Office that the President can push and the border just shuts down lol!

Actually there is .. its called the national guard and the borders into the untied states ARE CLOSED from people now I dont see a reason to close MEXICO yet.
African nations what have a outbreak YES!

Old 10-10-2014, 01:47 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Actually there is .. its called the national guard and the borders into the untied states ARE CLOSED from people now I dont see a reason to close MEXICO yet.
African nations what have a outbreak YES!
Let me see if I have this right...that SAME button that shuts the border down will ALSO shut Africa down as well? Holy smokes,I am really out of the loop on electronics these days....that dang IBM/Texas Instruments button would be cool to have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies