Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 10:08 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
If Huntsman had been the Republican candidate I would have voted for him.
Another BSer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 10:40 PM

302 posts, read 196,606 times
Huntsman would make a great candidate and likely win. Unfortunately, he would never be nominated in the primary as he would be ousted by the radicals every candidate has to please until the main election. Another candidate with offensive views and a sketchy financial history and/or radical religious views will likely get nominated.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:49 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical Paradox View Post
Huntsman would make a great candidate and likely win. Unfortunately, he would never be nominated in the primary as he would be ousted by the radicals every candidate has to please until the main election. Another candidate with offensive views and a sketchy financial history and/or radical religious views will likely get nominated.
Good point.

He should show up for all primary debates wearing Desert fatigues and say "Constitution" with anger in his voice. Once he breezes through the primaries, he can mosey back over to the moderate/right spectrum and get guys like me to vote for him.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:51 PM

302 posts, read 196,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Good point.

He should show up for all primary debates wearing Desert fatigues and say "Constitution" with anger in his voice. Once he breezes through the primaries, he can mosey back over to the moderate/right spectrum and get guys like me to vote for him.
That would be the best strategy to get nominated, but once he does that he gets the flip-flop reputation Romney(albeit justifiably) suffered from and have a plethora of soundbites to be used against him in the election.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:16 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
Jon Huntsman, Mitt Romney, And Serving Your Country

Recently I was reviewing some old videos of the debates from 2012 and it always struck as to how much more intelligent Huntsman was over the other GOP candidates. Looking at the above interaction between Romney and Huntsman shows me that he was a far better candidate than Romney because he actually understood the limitations of what we could do in our foreign policy. And even though I don't agree with him on a number of things, I would have been more than happy to have had him as president.

Anybody who voted for Romney or any of the other candidates in the 2012 GOP primaries, could you give me your reasoning?
I thought Huntsman was by far the best Republican candidate that year, and Romney was the worst. Romney is such a goon, declaring there that the only people who represent America are those who hold Conservative values. Wow! He's a Frankenstein monster for sure, compared to Huntsman, whose sentiments in this clip sounded like someone who understands that we are in the 21st century now.

Her blew away Romney here, making one wonder what in God's name is wrong with Republican voters in supporting the losers that they do? Incredible. Huntsman is a step in the right direction, far more than any of the other losers frequently mentioned (Bush, Christie, Paul, Ryan, Walker, Romney, Cruz, Rubio, and so forth).

Old 10-12-2014, 11:18 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Huntsman believes in science and compromise. The GOP base would never go for it. They vote on emotion.

Remember the GOP primaries and debates? They had a different favorite on a weekly basis. At various times it was Perry, Cain, Santorum and Gingrich. Of course Romney would be the nominee--he had Rove/Koch establishment and money behind him.

Good point.

Anyone who gets upset about the way the way DC operates would never appreciate someone who abandons principle to take the easy route.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:47 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
Jon Huntsman, Mitt Romney, And Serving Your Country

Recently I was reviewing some old videos of the debates from 2012 and it always struck as to how much more intelligent Huntsman was over the other GOP candidates. Looking at the above interaction between Romney and Huntsman shows me that he was a far better candidate than Romney because he actually understood the limitations of what we could do in our foreign policy. And even though I don't agree with him on a number of things, I would have been more than happy to have had him as president.

Anybody who voted for Romney or any of the other candidates in the 2012 GOP primaries, could you give me your reasoning?
You know, I actually liked Huntsman during the primary, I always felt like he would have been the best pick for the GOP, but I don't think he had the name recognition that Romney had at the time...plus the money Romney had.

If Huntsman were the one running in 2012, I might have voted for him.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:32 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
John Huntsman was Obama's ambassador to China. Why in the hell would we vote for someone who is cozy with this worthless sitting President????
If he did a good job representing the US to China, what the hell difference would it make to anyone but the severely myopic sheeple?

Old 10-13-2014, 05:50 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, you do have a point. I just wish the GOP would quit listening to Karl Rove!
Why, because he tells it like it is?

Based on your posts, I seriously doubt if you have ever voted for a repub.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:53 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I disagree. Nobody using logic or common sense would vote for Sarah Palin.

And I do not need to emotionally use caps for emphasis on that point.
Yet the left goes bananas EVERY time Palin is in the news. Pure emotion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies