Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 11:41 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
That has been discussed already-I boycott these corporations in my personal life but cannot dictate that to customers-who I advise to shop around for the best opportunity. Ironic maybe, but not everyone has the education/skills/drive and is able to take the risk to "sometimes work for free"-especially people with children and families to feed.
Who is your employer, if not a corporation?

Dont seem to be boycotting them very well.

I wonder how many bank repo's you've sold and earned commissions on..

i want to know how someone who works for FREE, can run around whining that others deserve a high minimum wage..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 11:55 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,951,030 times
Who is whining? It's called a discussion.

From my perspective the only people whining are those scared to death by just imagining these lowly employees receiving a couple thousand more a year-all arbitrary figures like minimum wage that you cling to and say should never be touched despite production and profits and the fact that our middle class has been obliterated by the allegience of nationless corporations and our government.

Remember, studies show that we are envious to those closest in stature to ourselves- so in reality people are not especially jealous of a CEO making hundreds of Millions per year because they cannot relate to the lifestyle, but they would be jealous of say a corporate wage earner making an additional and more tangible $10,000 per year. I think this thread has proven that to be true.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:58 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,646,990 times
Quote:
For a job that requires a College Degree-absolutely.

I worked at Prudential Financial when I first graduated College in 2009 and was paid $13 an hour-everyone was and there were hoards of us "recent" grads. I was not able to purchase my home and grow my wealth (really become integrated into the economy) until I got a much better job. Luckily I saw the writing on the wall and "the temps" were there for years and years. I would say most Millenials are in the same boat considering that over 9/10 express desire to own a home yet the rates of such have plummetted.

The Cheapest Generation - Derek Thompson and Jordan Weissmann - The Atlantic
Apparently, you don't seem to understand what a "livable wage" is, and $13 an hour is a livable wage.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Who is your employer, if not a corporation?

Dont seem to be boycotting them very well.

I wonder how many bank repo's you've sold and earned commissions on..

i want to know how someone who works for FREE, can run around whining that others deserve a high minimum wage..
I already had this discussion with her, and she has no problem making money by doing business with these evil corporations.

I guess it's ok for some people to profit, but not others.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:05 PM

LOL, get a room you two!!!

You both seem a little petty and to be incapable of listening.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times
Quote:
LOL, get a room you two!!!

You both seem to incapable of listening.
Oh I think we're listening, the amount of humor due to your hypocracy is like watching SNL...

Old 10-27-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Oh I think we're listening, the amount of humor due to your hypocracy is like watching SNL...

So only poor people can complain about the state of our economy?

That's like saying only those that couldn't swim should have been worried while The Titanic was sinking-so ridiculously myopic.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
So only poor people can complain about the state of our economy?

That's like saying only those that couldn't swim should have been worried while The Titanic was sinking-so ridiculously myopic.
The fact of the matter is that you profit off of such companies as Wells Fargo while telling us how bad they are.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:27 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,940,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The fact of the matter is that you profit off of such companies as Wells Fargo while telling us how bad they are.
This argument makes no sense. It is lacking in dimension. Reality is not cartoon, 2D.

Everyone participates in commerce.(I didn't see a claim of evil either)

Because these big banks (8 holding companies, especially) own a great deal, people are dealing with them in some fashion whether they like it or not. Many would be surprised at who owns what behind the veil.

http://www.relbanks.com/top-us-banks/assets

Revealed: The Capitalist Network that runs the world. New ...

quote:
"In effect, less than 1 per cent of the companies were able to control 40 per cent of the entire network," says Glattfelder. Most were financial institutions. The top 20 included Barclays Bank, JPMorgan Chase & Co, and The Goldman Sachs Group.

2e already said he chooses to prioritize his customers needs, but has a preference. Nothing wrong with looking at a system, criticizing, questioning and discussing it. This is part of the process.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:38 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,940,422 times
Quote:
As a real estate agent, wouldnt you work for a "pirate" corporation? And on commission, with $0 wages?

The irony in telling others they need to pay more while you often times work for free isnt lost.. This type of humor cant be bought.
Most real estate professionals are Sole Proprietor. Ask the IRS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies