Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2014, 03:03 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,458,748 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard anything about the condition of Nurse #2--Amber Vinson?

I know she was transferred to a different hospital, but there's been nothing since. Plenty of stores about the air flight, etc. but nothing about her.

Is she doing better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2014, 03:14 PM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Were you personally acquainted with Duncan?

No one knows what he knew about Ebola. Millions in these infected countries believe they can pray it away.

According to the cab driver, everyone thought the pregnant girl was in the process of a miscarriage and maybe she was. They dismissed blood on her lips as biting her lip in pain.

Ebola and Malaria have similar initial symptoms. Malaria is rampant in Liberia.

No one knows if Duncan knew the pregnant girl died of Ebola, given the cause of death was undetermined when he departed.

He disclosed in the ER he had recently traveled in Liberia/West Africa. He did not help the ER and say something along the lines of " you know, Malaria and Ebola". Why not? Ignorance? Denial? Fear?
Duncan lied saying he was not from the infected areas with Ebola upon entering the USA. After he had gotten sick, he then disclosed he had come from Liberia to the hospital staff. I don't know if he mentioned he was in contact with Ebola victim or close to the Ebola outbreak. It was not reported that way so apparently he did not mention ebola.

Old 10-18-2014, 03:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
This is part of their burial customs--wash the body, touch it, kiss it. As I understand it, the dead body is especially viral-laden and contagious

Those customs--and others--are not going to change after everybody goes home.
I don't think Ducan did any of that. He just held her right before she died.

Old 10-18-2014, 03:36 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,881,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I don't think Ducan did any of that. He just held her right before she died.
Yes, But that's still touching the body, dead or alive. It's my understanding that he carried her, which is pretty close physical contact.

Old 10-18-2014, 04:00 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
No, no that was not the intent of my post quoting yours.

I see where I erred in the way I worded my post using yours as a target quote.

I should have clarified that you took the time to consider carefully and INSTEAD of a knee jerk, willfully ignorant reaction, you've assigned it a value of 2 on a scale of 1 to 10 in severity of importance to your interaction with your doctor in relation to an ebola threat.

Sorry for not being more concise in my response. Entirely my mistake.

thank you because I love and trust my doctor
so folks I know are going to try and isolate but I refuse to live in fear
it is our government that is putting out conflicting information and outright lying
Obama brags because he hugged some nurses like that is some big deal
he assigns a political hack and expects us to trust him
I believe in finding out facts but some of the facts I have learned are scary
thanks again!!

Old 10-18-2014, 04:05 PM

27,159 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post

I know she was transferred to a different hospital, but there's been nothing since. Plenty of stores about the air flight, etc. but nothing about her.

Is she doing better?

Can't find that but do see that it's being said that she may have been further along with it than previously thought when she flew, even the first time.

Old 10-18-2014, 04:09 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Duncan lied saying he was not from the infected areas with Ebola upon entering the USA. After he had gotten sick, he then disclosed he had come from Liberia to the hospital staff. I don't know if he mentioned he was in contact with Ebola victim or close to the Ebola outbreak. It was not reported that way so apparently he did not mention ebola.

Think about it. Kind of hard for anyone with a Liberian passport from Monrovia to lie about not being from an infected area, upon entering the US.

His ER medical record indicated he had recently traveled in West Africa. No one in the ER connected his symptoms to Ebola.

No way to know if he knew he had been in contact with an Ebola victim. They thought she was having a miscarriage. Denial is a primitive instinct.

It was negligence on the hospital's part. Not the same thing as willful malicious misconduct. The 1400 pages of medical records show they threw everything and the kitchen sick at Ebola and lost.

The tragic experience will allow for a substantially better global medical response to Ebola.

Old 10-18-2014, 04:20 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I wonder how many of those people have gotten a flu shot...
Mercury kills the ebola virus.

Old 10-18-2014, 04:21 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
From the NYT -

WASHINGTON — Beneath the calming reassurance that President Obama has repeatedly offered during the Ebola crisis, there is a deepening frustration, even anger, with how the government has handled key elements of the response.

Those frustrations spilled over when Mr. Obama convened his top aides in the Cabinet room after canceling his schedule on Wednesday. Medical officials were providing information that later turned out to be wrong. Guidance to local health teams was not adequate. It was unclear which Ebola patients belonged in which threat categories. (my caps)

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/18/us...ethe.html?_r=1

And I've seen a lot of folks blithely quote these officials, as if they have a freaking clue. We don't know where we stand with Ebola in this country. A virologist on CNN this morning stated a vaccine won't be ready for at least a year, he also made the point the best way to stop the spread is to prevent the transmission of the virus, or quarantine. But many of you parrot the president with ridiculous arguments for permitting people from affected countries to keep coming in.

I understand there is a lot of partisan posturing going on right now and many are protecting Obama, but consider this. If Ebola does spread, we will never see another Democratic president in our lifetime.
Parrot is probably the correct world ... they all say the same thing .... over-and over, and over and over.
They follow talking points orders very well, like well trained Parrots.

Blame Bush, Blame Dallas, Blame Texas, Blame Republicans, Blame the Nurses, Blame WHO ..... blame anybody and everybody except for the incompetent CDC and Team Obama.

The Washington Post gave 4 Pinnochios to the "Blame Republicans", the New York Times is now saying the information given by CDC was wrong, the Washington Post said the Dallas Hospital was not getting the right information. As the National Journal said today - we don't need an EBOLA Czar (who reports to Susan Rice) to be in charge of a Health Crisis ..... that's Obama's JOB.

We shouldn't need an Ebola czar. The president needs to do his job better.

11. The choice makes sense if Obama's main concern is a) the incompetence of his team, or; b) midterm politics. My strong hunch is it's "b". The Obama White House is not self-aware. It is nakedly political. The uneven response to Ebola threatens to be a toxic issue for Democrats, and the president is under pressure from his party's desperate candidates to do something.

12. Klain will report to Rice and Monaco. That makes no sense. Even if you think a czar is needed, and believe that the czar should be a Democratic operative steeped in White House politics, this reporting structure is a mistake. He should report directly to Obama.

13. Klain can't be a disruptively productive force without autonomy. I have to ask: How many senior White House officials, including the president, have ever created an organization chart? Anybody with a rudimentary understanding of management would know that you don't untangle a chain of command by injecting a new figure haphazardly into it. The answer is to put somebody atop it. Which brings me back to my first sentence, and the real problem here.

Old 10-18-2014, 04:22 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post

Is she doing better?
No recent reports about either nurse. Both hospitals will do everything possible to save them. Neither the hospital or family has any obligation to give the media an update.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies