Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2014, 10:23 AM

654 posts, read 1,251,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Once someone is diagnosed with Ebola, they're quarantined. They can't go out in public.
Really? Tell that to Nancy Snyderman who violated her quarantine.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/13/nbc-dr...nt-new-jersey/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 10:26 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,118,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
Really? Tell that to Nancy Snyderman who violated her quarantine.

NBC Dr. Nancy Snyderman -- She Violated Ebola Quarantine | TMZ.com
Nancy Snyderman has Ebola???

If so, she should really be quarantined in a hospital receiving treatment.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:29 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,481,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
they are reporting the nurse brought here to Emory who is MORE contagious can not be treated but only contained
this is outrageous! it is also reported she CHECKED with CDC and was CLEARED TO FLY
this is like the key stone cops running the country and YES I BLAME OBAMA
he was bragging yesterday he HUGGED and KISSED the Emory nurses
well DUH they KNEW what they were doing but Dallas hospital is clueless and he has CONFIDENCE in HIS CDC
unbelievable!!!
If anyone thinks we are not going to see more outbreaks they are daff
Obama should be thrown in jail for how much at risk he has caused all of us
POS worthless hack
It is unreal on so many levels the incompetence of it all.

And I agree, the fish does indeed rot from the head down.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Nancy Snyderman has Ebola???

If so, she should really be quarantined in a hospital receiving treatment.
Shes quarantined for possible Ebola exposure....and is out getting take out food, so much for a govt quarantine!

Old 10-16-2014, 10:30 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,746,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthebean View Post
If say the Ebola would have been contained,

But the last person who had it decided life got boring being stuck in closed doors, so decided to go into a shopping mall, and then go to a football game, and fly on airplanes

And as a result....7 million people got it and died from it

And this person survives it somehow...and person KNEW the consequence and went in public ANYWAY

Would you support this person be placed on trial prosecuted?

they tried to make not reporting that you have Ebola a crime in the effected west African countries, did not work so well..

Old 10-16-2014, 10:31 AM

15,877 posts, read 21,477,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
When the mortality rate for the flu is 50% and not <0.5% you have a deal.
1 person dead of ebola in the US. 36,000 dead a YEAR from the flu. As someone who has immunity issues thanks to cancer, I'm much more afraid of the flu, mumps, measles, and pneumonia than the very slim chance of being in such close quarters to someone with ebola that I get sick.

The hysterics people are expressing about ebola is how I feel when I find out someone didn't vaccinate their child.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:34 AM

I suppose if you're a nasty person and have Ebola, you could tell the authorities..."yeah come get me" and run around like a wildcat, so a police chase ensues, drive to a mall or a swap meet and expose way more people if you wanted to...

Be a defiant one! 21 days wow! I guess I would would order Chinese too!

Old 10-16-2014, 10:37 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,925,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Yep, stir crazy indeed. A burden indeed. However, no one is talking about a vacation to Cancun from the US. I'm talking about people wanting to leave the Hot Zone -- OBVIOUSLY. Getting sick from Ebola is a hell of a lot bigger burden.

Ebola is not a joke. There are going to be inconveniences, as we've discovered several times in this country already. For example, Frontier Airlines is taking out of service the airliner that the nurse was on. They've also placed the crew on paid leave.
LESS THAN 1% OF THE POPULATIONS OF THE AFFECTED COUNTRIES ARE INFECTED. There are roughly 4.6 MILLION Liberians. It's an unreasonable burden.

Frontier Airlines is concerned about public relations.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:38 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,780,903 times
If someone had ebola, I doubt they would be up for attending a football game or visiting a shopping mall. If what we have been told about ebola symptoms is true, they would be in bed, very near to toilet and feeling absolutely horrible.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:40 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,481,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Right now, panic and fear pose a greater threat.
You forget aloofness/stupidity at the "higher" levels running the show as a contributor to the "threat". And as someone else pointed out well, people are more ticked-off than anything at this mismanagement.

ie....We won't tell you not to fly lady who is running a temperature after recently treating an ebola patient where one of her coworkers came down with the virus also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies