Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2014, 05:19 AM

29,543 posts, read 19,636,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So I'm assuming that you believe this idiot?

If you would have clicked on the link to that graph you would see that this data is from the EPA itself. Face palm yourself....

Quote:
It will be interesting to see how accurate AGW denier Roger Pielke Jr's computer modeling is...
He's an idiot because he does not support alarmist scenarios. Though he is a well published PhD and a climate scientist

You sound like a jackass when you make such comment. And exactly what computer modeling is this "denier" (he isn't) supposedly using?

Congressional testimony. Are you sure he is a denier?

Quote:
It is misleading, and just plain incorrect, to claim that disasters associated with hurricanes, tornadoes, floods or droughts have increased on climate timescales either in the United States or globally....Roger Pielke jr.......Yeah right.
Hurricanes, droughts, tornadoes, and floods have not increased no matter how much you want to believe otherwise.

Been there done that with you.

Droughts haven't increased (published in Nature this past May)

Most tornado prone country on earth not seeing a rise in violent storms

Global hurricane energy down

No change in frequency in tropical storms

But but but, the oceans are warmer now!

Old 10-22-2014, 06:43 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
So I'm assuming that you believe this idiot?
Idiot = anyone who disagrees with you and your agenda.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:33 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Hurricanes, droughts, tornadoes, and floods have not increased no matter how much you want to believe otherwise.
You are really irritating the AGW alarmists with your facts. They don't like facts. They prefer speculation models.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:37 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Talking Global warming.... yawn..... who cares?

Obviously, all the deniers who keep posting threads here daily.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:12 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
By your logic, we shouldn't take Alzheimer's seriously until we have practical ways to reduce its occurrence, eh?
By your reasoning the grass grows pink on the Blue Mountains.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:31 PM

1,245 posts, read 924,089 times
Quote:
Global climate change has already had observable effects on the environment. Glaciers have shrunk, ice on rivers and lakes is breaking up earlier, plant and animal ranges have shifted and trees are flowering sooner.
Effects that scientists had predicted in the past would result from global climate change are now occurring: loss of sea ice, accelerated sea level rise and longer, more intense heat waves.

Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Effects

I just found this today, very interesting read. Climate change is a lie: Global warming 'not real' claims Weather Channel founder | Nature | News | Daily Express

Old 10-22-2014, 06:35 PM

33,558 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
And I found this....Do you also think the earth is flat? The Flat Earth Society

John Coleman has not published peer-reviewed research on climate change.
He has written numerous newspaper and blog articles skeptical of global warming.

So is this your best effort?

Old 10-23-2014, 05:18 AM

29,543 posts, read 19,636,351 times
In other news, China just discovered a monster coal field.... Gee I wonder what the Chinese government will do with all that coal? Could it be to provide cheap reliable electricity?

Old 10-23-2014, 05:23 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,600,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Most Americans couldn't care less about the AGW hoax. We have much bigger issues to address and we are tired of the lies we hear from Obama and Al Gore. We know they only want to increase our taxes and increase government control of our lives. Give it up. We don't care about your AGW hoax anymore.
It doesn't require a Ph.D. in meteorology to notice that the Earth's climate is changing. I am not liberal and even I can admit that there is some crazy S. going on. Now whether or not humans are the main cause is debatable, but something is definitely changing. Without a stable Earth... securing the borders doesn't really matter.

Old 10-23-2014, 05:37 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,616 times
Quote:
And I found this....Do you also think the earth is flat? The Flat Earth Society

John Coleman has not published peer-reviewed research on climate change.
He has written numerous newspaper and blog articles skeptical of global warming.

So is this your best effort?
Is this your best effort? More insults about being a "flat-earther" if you disagree with the AGW dogma?
You keep mentioning the peer review process yet that has been shown to be politicized and corrupt time and time again.

Nobel Prize winner calls peer review “very distorted,” “completely corrupt,” and “simply a regression to the mean” I think peer review is hindering science. In fact, I think it has become a completely corrupt system. It’s corrupt in many ways, in that scientists and academics have handed over to the editors of these journals the ability to make judgment on science and scientists."
Nobel Prize winner calls peer review “very distorted,” “completely corrupt,” and “simply a regression to the mean” | Retraction Watch

“We need to get away from the notion, proven wrong on a daily basis, that peer review of any kind at any journal means that a work of science is correct. What it means is that a few (1-4) people read it over and didn’t see any major problems. That’s a very low bar in even the best of circumstances.”
Wall Street Journal op-ed:

"I can't see either of these papers being in the next IPCC report. Kevin and I will keep
them out somehow – even if we have to redefine what the peer-review literature is!"
Phil Jones to Michael Mann, Climategate emails, July 8th 2004.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies