Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2014, 11:48 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Confusing weather with climate? Many deniers seem to do that.

Regardless, you think climate science is junk science. Perhaps it would be a worthwhile discussion what you think the scientific method is, what is its strong points, and what its weak points are. At least we would be talking from the same page then, or at least, reading the same book.

Right now your reading Harry Potter and I'm reading the War of the Worlds.

You apparently missed the link I posted, which discredits climate change and global warming.

As far as confusing weather with climate change, or season change, many alarmist conspiracy theorists seem to do that.

Climate and seasonal changes often go hand in hand, as well as certain weather...Climate change is doublespeak for season change. Look up the meaning of season, and climate, they seem to go together.

Maybe if you weren't reading war of the worlds, you alarmists wouldn't be spinning out conspiracy theories, and world ending weather apocalypses.

Old 10-24-2014, 12:21 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
You apparently missed the link I posted, which discredits climate change and global warming.

As far as confusing weather with climate change, or season change, many alarmist conspiracy theorists seem to do that.

Climate and seasonal changes often go hand in hand, as well as certain weather...Climate change is doublespeak for season change. Look up the meaning of season, and climate, they seem to go together.

Maybe if you weren't reading war of the worlds, you alarmists wouldn't be spinning out conspiracy theories, and world ending weather apocalypses.
You really don't get it. Weather and climate are not the same thing. Climate change has NOTHING to do with seasonal variations and I have no idea where you came up with that one.

I notice you completely ignored my question, so I will try once again:
Regardless, you think climate science is junk science. Perhaps it would be a worthwhile discussion what you think the scientific method is, what is its strong points, and what its weak points are. At least we would be talking from the same page then, or at least, reading the same book.
Try answering the bolded.

Old 10-24-2014, 12:28 PM

594 posts, read 346,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
As I suspected...You base your truth on blogs that spread disinformation.....I post a link and information from NASA, and NOAA...You reply by calling me a liar and posting to a denier blog....Typical.
NASA and NOOA in the USA and and The MET Office in the UK have all said their has not been any increase in average global temperature, no global warming, for this century. Those agencies do point to a few warm months here and there during this century, but that is all. There has not been any global warming.

Old 10-24-2014, 01:00 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,793,470 times
Quote:
You really don't get it. Weather and climate are not the same thing. Climate change has NOTHING to do with seasonal variations and I have no idea where you came up with that one.

Why dont YOU answer the bolded, and explain how AGW so called climate change science follows each step, thus making their conclusions "settled" science.

PS ALL of us get it. Weather is not climate. So why is it you AGW folk, with only 100 years data at best, can proclaim "climate change" has and is occurring? Hint: Prediction is not the same as reality.

Old 10-24-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
One doesn't Believe in science, one Understands it.

Clearly you don't.
What amazing arrogance. YOU know the answers and those who do not believe as you do are ignorant.

I'll bet that in a former lifetime you were an agent of the Inquisition, seeking out to eliminate heresy, as perceived by the radicals who persecuted women as witches (who mostly used natural cures to heal people, instead of the butchery and the faith healing of the Establishment) and used their power to cower ordinary people, thus gaining more power.

You people are to be not only questioned at every turn, but fought at every opportunity to prevent your agenda from being implemented.

Old 10-24-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Why dont YOU answer the bolded, and explain how AGW so called climate change science follows each step, thus making their conclusions "settled" science.

PS ALL of us get it. Weather is not climate. So why is it you AGW folk, with only 100 years data at best, can proclaim "climate change" has and is occurring? Hint: Prediction is not the same as reality.
I know the answer to the scientific method... I relied on it for making decisions for almost 30 years. But if I think it is red, and you think it is blue, we will never agree on what we mean. So, it is best to understand what those who are so opposed to the science how they determine that the science is skewed. That means going to the root issue, an understanding of the scientific method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
What amazing arrogance. YOU know the answers and those who do not believe as you do are ignorant.

I'll bet that in a former lifetime you were an agent of the Inquisition, seeking out to eliminate heresy, as perceived by the radicals who persecuted women as witches (who mostly used natural cures to heal people, instead of the butchery and the faith healing of the Establishment) and used their power to cower ordinary people, thus gaining more power.

You people are to be not only questioned at every turn, but fought at every opportunity to prevent your agenda from being implemented.
No arrogance at all, I just want to ensure we are at least talking from the same book before we can even consider getting on the same page. I notice a lot of personal attack here, but no answer to my question.

Why would that be?

Old 10-24-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Sorry, myths and conspiracy theories are not evidence, that is all you have and I will not stoop to your level...I have posted lots of evidence from respected universities, but I'm guessing that in your mind they are also part of the global conspiracy you believe in.
I see. You can deny and attack any skeptical sources by claiming that they are unbelievable because of associations with Heartland institute and Exxon Mobil, but have to believe research funded by left wing sources, the federal government )whose machinery is controlled by the liberal left) and the United Nations, which is an institution to be viewed with suspicion due to it's long history of trying to dismantle national sovereignty.

You dont read both sides. Instead you DENY one side, and brainwash yourself with the other side.

We get it, sanspeur. You are a tool of the liberal left and have brainwashed yourself.

Old 10-24-2014, 01:52 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:

The earth heats periodically.

The earth cools periodically.

Always has and always will. That science is settled.

What will never be settled is the reasons behind it. Clearly man has little or nothing to do with it. Since the little ice age, the earth has been warming. My 1st grader daughter knows that.

So the warmers go to unfounded theories and apocalyptic messages in order to keep the money flowing in their direction.

They wish to institute tax after tax to "fight" what will happen anyway.

So I say, those that fully believe that the end is nigh, throw all your own money to combat what you fear if it makes you feel better.

Everyone of the doomsayers predictions have never come true. Yet the faithful keep believing and shrieking with arm waving hysteria "follow me for I know the truth".

The real truth will eventually reach around and bit them in the ass.
So keep pontificating. Its entertaining to watch the loons cries get more strident.

Old 10-24-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I know the answer to the scientific method... I relied on it for making decisions for almost 30 years. But if I think it is red, and you think it is blue, we will never agree on what we mean. So, it is best to understand what those who are so opposed to the science how they determine that the science is skewed. That means going to the root issue, an understanding of the scientific method.

No arrogance at all, I just want to ensure we are at least talking from the same book before we can even consider getting on the same page. I notice a lot of personal attack here, but no answer to my question.

Why would that be?
First off, I am not the one to whom you addressed your question.

Second of all, you "claim" to use the "scientific method" in your decision making. Yet you are unwilling to use that knowledge that you claim in order to explain to us great unwashed how the "scientific method" is supportive of your case as opposed to ours. We are back to square one - we have to comply to your standards. Anything else is unacceptable to your side.

All you are looking for is more fodder to denigrate your opponents.

I, on the other hand, am truly curious how you concluded from the "scientific method" to accept the AGE agenda. Do you believe, based upon your understanding of the "scientific method" that your conclusions are the AGW is "settled" science? How does the "scientific method" support such a conclusion? What opposition research have you read and then discarded, and why? All the result of the "scientific method", of course.

You people need to be held accountable for your conclusions. You have been given a free pass for many years. Now that you are being challenged, time for your side to do more than call names and spout propaganda.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The earth heats periodically.

The earth cools periodically.

Always has and always will. That science is settled.

What will never be settled is the reasons behind it. Clearly man has little or nothing to do with it. Since the little ice age, the earth has been warming. My 1st grader daughter knows that.

So the warmers go to unfounded theories and apocalyptic messages in order to keep the money flowing in their direction.

They wish to institute tax after tax to "fight" what will happen anyway.

So I say, those that fully believe that the end is nigh, throw all your own money to combat what you fear if it makes you feel better.

Everyone of the doomsayers predictions have never come true. Yet the faithful keep believing and shrieking with arm waving hysteria "follow me for I know the truth".

The real truth will eventually reach around and bit them in the ass.
So keep pontificating. Its entertaining to watch the loons cries get more strident.
Talking about pontification, you completely avoided the question.

Can you please respond to this:

Perhaps it would be a worthwhile discussion what you think the scientific method is, what is its strong points, and what its weak points are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies