Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 08:58 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times

Advertisements

I'm just amazed that an intelligent human being can be cognizant of what is happening in this country and still proclaim themselves to be liberal.

Open borders, war and plague, a poor economy, high unemployment, a crashing stock market, $17T in debt, scandal after scandal, and unprecedented political cronyism and corruption, race demagogery like we've never seen before, and dvisive politics in general. All of this after 6 years of liberal governance. And still, people think being liberal is a good idea. Just unbelievable.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:00 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I'm just amazed that an intelligent human being can be cognizant of what is happening in this country and still proclaim themselves to be liberal.

Open borders, war and plague, a poor economy, high unemployment, a crashing stock market, $17T in debt, scandal after scandal, and unprecedented political cronyism and corruption, race demagogery like we've never seen before, and dvisive politics in general. All of this after 6 years of liberal governance. And still, people think being liberal is a good idea. Just unbelievable.
Were you cryogenically frozen for 30 years and then thawed out in January 2009, or have some sort of memory loss that prevents you from remembering anything that happened prior to that date?

Old 10-16-2014, 09:27 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:

Yeah, because none of that happened during a Republican administration or anything, right?

Old 10-16-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Yeah, because none of that happened during a Republican administration or anything, right?
Please stop conflating being conservative with being Republican. George W. Bush was a liberal in many regards - he wasted billions on AIDS research, ballooned the federal deficit, passed TARP I, passed Medicare expansion for prescription drugs, failed to secure the border, championed Ted Kennedy's No Child Left Behind nonsense, and appointed liberals like Roberts to the SCOTUS, etc. etc. etc.

The only thing that was really conservative about the Bush Presidency was that he cut income taxes and actually showed a little competence as CinC.

Obama has merely continued and amplified the worst parts of the Bush administration, which were not uncoincidentally the most liberal parts.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:34 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Me thinks many here do not know what a Liberal, Conservative or a Moderate really is, as if that is breaking news.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:35 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
I live in Lincoln and I can confirm there are plenty of Liberals here. Its a college town, so naturally its going to be more Liberal, as college kids and members of academia are far more Liberal than the general public.

Both sides have annoying and whiny adherents, but I do tend to see far more annoying traits in Liberals who take offense and see victimization in everything, regardless if the accusations have any merit or not. Even after getting their way, they still find a mountain of things to complain about. The Hobby Lobby case is a perfect example, where Libs blew a gasket because Hobby Lobby didn't want to pay for insurance that covered four methods of contraceptives the company considered to be abortifacients, even though they still offered 16 other types. I think that was a pretty solid compromise, but many Libs didn't want to compromise; anything other than 100% of what they want isn't good enough.

If anyone has the right to be whiny, its Conservatives who see their rights and values continually being picked away at.
I kinda have to go with this...I am a right leaning dem and the far left wing pisses me off as bad if not more than the far right extreme..the far right imho are needed to balance out the far left,but I really wish we could give the far left California and let Sodom and Gomorrah take place,give the far right Texas,Kansas and Oklahoma (I would want a Visa to fish in Oklahoma though)and that way they could implement Sharia law and war among themselves and leave the rest of us the hell alone.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Please stop conflating being conservative with being Republican. George W. Bush was a liberal in many regards - he wasted billions on AIDS research, ballooned the federal deficit, passed TARP I, passed Medicare expansion for prescription drugs, failed to secure the border, championed Ted Kennedy's No Child Left Behind nonsense, and appointed liberals like Roberts to the SCOTUS, etc. etc. etc.

The only thing that was really conservative about the Bush Presidency was that he cut income taxes and actually showed a little competence as CinC.

Obama has merely continued and amplified the worst parts of the Bush administration, which were not uncoincidentally the most liberal parts.
I didn't compare the 2 at all, you did .

Old 10-16-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
I didn't compare the 2 at all, you did .
If you weren't comparing them, I guess you were just blabbing on about "prior to 2009" for deflection purposes then. Par for the course from the Obama cheerleading brigade.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
If you weren't comparing them, I guess you were just blabbing on about "prior to 2009" for deflection purposes then. Par for the course from the Obama cheerleading brigade.
No, I was pointing out that Republicans in the past play just as much role in all of that as the Democrats. I mean if we go by your definition of conservative then very few Republicans from 1980 on would fit the definition . I think Obama is a pretty substandard President, so you aren't going to win any points with that line of argument .

Old 10-16-2014, 09:56 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,576,237 times
I consider myself an extreme liberal, and I can't stand some other liberals out there. They are so politically correct that they can't even tell the difference between what's offensive and what's not.

For example, I was at a meeting and while chit-chatting I brought up that East Asians like myself eat a lot of rice. Half of the room descended on me with a vengeance, telling me I shouldn't insult East Asians like that. These white Americans, without knowing it, showed me that they think there was something wrong with eating a lot of rice. In other words, by me saying Asian people like myself eat rice everyday, to them it is comparable to saying black people eat fried chicken, or some other stereotype.

Memo to all the white politically correct liberals out there, (1) there is nothing wrong with eating a lot of rice and (2) East Asian people really do consume a lot of rice. That's just a fact.

When you become too politically correct, you become incapable of telling the difference between right and wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies