Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 11:40 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,637,585 times

Advertisements

Why would homosexuals even want to be "married" there in the first place? Just to start something unpleasant... Or go where they are wanted and welcomed and start things off on the right foot.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:41 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,099,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Give me a break. You know as well as I do that this isn't really about ''anti-discrimination,'' that's a lie that these gay militants like to hide behind.

This is about an agenda, an agenda to force the gay lifestyle onto everyone and every facet of society in a vain attempt to try and make it ''normal,'' which it obviously isn't and never will be despite the lies they like to tell themselves. If anyone disagrees with the Doctrine of the Gay Reich, even just slightly, they become a target and will face the ruthlessness of the Rainbow Gestapo who will (figuratively speaking) hunt them down, cut off their head, place it on a spike, and parade it through the streets for all to witness. This can be seen in the countless examples of people like the Mozilla CEO, the Christian bakeries. Chic-Fil A, Phil Robertson, and now ministers and rabbis themselves. Like the fascist bullies that they are, the Rainbow Gestapo uses intimidation and corrupt political power to orchestrate their will on the masses. Their ultimate weapon is Political Correctness which they use to censor anyone they disagree with, if anyone dares to have the gall to stand up to them they'll be slandered as something really nasty, such as a bigot, or a phobe'. Everything I'm saying is the absolute truth, anyone who is siding with the gay militants is on the side of Tyranny. More and more people are starting to see the Gay Reich for what it truly is, it's not a movement of tolerance, at least not anymore, it's a movement of hate and destruction. Hate and destruction of those they disagree with, especially Christians.

All these ministers and rabbis want to do is to practice their religion peacefully, if these gay jack boots truly were about tolerance they would have respected these people's deeply held beliefs, which are not beliefs of hate but of love and obeidance to the higher power that they claim, and would have gone elsewhere for what they wanted. There were plenty of other churches and wedding businesses that accept and even specialize in gay weddings and ceremonies, they could have easily gone to one of those instead, but no, they decided that they were going to make an example of these ministers and rabbis. ''This is what happens when you cross the Gay Reich!'' the Rainbow Gestapo cried out. This is a message, that's all this is. The only people truly being discriminated against here are the Christians, who are easy targets because they don't fight back, they are taught to love others, even their enemies. I am still waiting for the day when one of these gay jack boots actually grows a pair and tries to go after a Muslim establishment, they won't ''turn the other cheek'' I can assure you.
The law suit is only happening because they are a for-profit church, which is just a business. If the only thing they were trying to do is 'practice their religion peacefully' would they really make their church a business? And since it's a business, it is to be subjected to the same rules as other businesses.

And are you honestly going to say Christians are the most discriminated group? Really? That is the most ignorant thing anyone could say. Churches are the most vocal religion in the US. They face little resistance when compared to other religions and have by far the most influence. Any restrictions they seem to be facing are reactions to the religious right trying to make their belief "natural," which it cannot be proven to be. You can call that discrimination, but losing privilege is not the same things as being discriminated.

Also, gays pay taxes, churches don't. Churches have it better than all other institutions and you know it.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:42 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I didn't comment on merits of the lawsuit. I commented on them being threatened with jail time. And I commented on the slippy slope that taking away churches' tax exemption could theoretically mean.
They are not operating a Church they are operating a Business, when that sinks in you are going to feel as foolish as you sound. Did you even bother to read your own link, me thinks you read until you become sufficiently outraged and ran here to post it, maybe you should have thought about it just a little longer and read the complete article. They may very well end up in jail and fined if they continue to not follow the law and continue to marry straight couples, that would be their choice.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:44 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Why would homosexuals even want to be "married" there in the first place? Just to start something unpleasant... Or go where they are wanted and welcomed and start things off on the right foot.
None of your business if they want to or why they want to they are not required to justify anything to you, the fact of the matter is a business cannot discriminate per the law, and if one does they are subject to fines and imprisonment, see how easy that is.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:48 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,099,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowtotheworld View Post
How is it constitutional to force a person to act in violation of their religion if no one is hurt? That equates to the state prohibiting the free exercise of religion.
No it doesn't. This church in question would not have to accept gay marriage had it not been made a business. Businesses are required to follow anti-discriminatory laws. They cannot discriminate against certain groups. I see no reason why a restaurant owner wouldn't hire a gay cook simply because the owner is a Christian. It's not like he hasn't hired someone who has lied, which is also a sin. So to claim not allowing gay people service is about sin is completely wrong unless those same people also deny adulterers and liars, which they likely do not.

As has been made clear, the church would not face this law suit if they were not a business.

23,856 posts, read 13,770,925 times
Quote:
This is about an agenda, an agenda to force the gay lifestyle onto everyone and every facet of society in a vain attempt to try and make it ''normal,'' which it obviously isn't and never will be despite the lies they like to tell themselves.
The only agenda I see here is that the owners of a for-profit business are asking for special treatment. These folks are in *the business* of offering marriage ceremonies to all who walk in the door with the cash. Except, apparently, gays.

Quote:
All these ministers and rabbis want to do is to practice their religion peacefully,
Right. Are you saying that all ministers and rabbis are really businessmen, and their religion is the quest for profits?

I'm an atheist, and I would never make such a sweepingly cynical statement.

Quote:

I am still waiting for the day when one of these gay jack boots actually grows a pair and tries to go after a Muslim establishment, they won't ''turn the other cheek'' I can assure you.
Why do you think that coeur d'alene would not come down on a muslim-owned business that discriminated?

1,138 posts, read 1,043,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
This is not a non-profit Church but an ACTUAL FOR-PROFIT BUSINESS. A Business can't discriminate period.
No, it was a church but it had it's church status removed by The State in order to allow this to happen.

2,887 posts, read 2,637,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
None of your business if they want to or why they want to they are not required to justify anything to you, the fact of the matter is a business cannot discriminate per the law, and if one does they are subject to fines and imprisonment, see how easy that is.
That's good, perpetuate the negativity and hostility.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:50 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,904,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
They are not operating a Church they are operating a Business, when that sinks in you are going to feel as foolish as you sound. Did you even bother to read your own link, me thinks you read until you become sufficiently outraged and ran here to post it, maybe you should have thought about it just a little longer and read the complete article. They may very well end up in jail and fined if they continue to not follow the law and continue to marry straight couples, that would be their choice.
Yawn. This debate is pretty much going no where because you've assigned a belief to me that I don't hold. I'm well aware they're operating a business and I'm well aware what they're doing is illegal. What I'm questioning is jail time for the offense. Why don't you focus on that and quit the strawmen. You seem to have a strong opinion, so maybe you can tell me how many years of prison does this couple deserve?

Old 10-20-2014, 11:51 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,572,432 times
Hey man, if they would've just stayed a church instead of turning into a greedy for-profit BUSINESS, they'd be in the clear. Now they're whining about it? Boohoo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies