Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 11:34 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,563,132 times

Advertisements

The Left's news is ALL propaganda.

Leftists always have bad cases of Projection Disorder. It's one of the symptoms of their mental illness.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:37 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,049,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Oh really? I don't agree. I've seen blatant lying on CNN before and NPR is a constant streaming barrage of propaganda. Fox is bad to. On that one point we go agree.
To be fair, almost all of cable news networks are 99% entertainment and 1% news these days. It's not about reporting current events anymore. It's about offering their opinion on that news. To say one is better than another is really unfair because they are all equally bad. It's all about the ratings, ya know!

Some examples.
1. On Obama - Fox will put some REALLY questionable people on there (ahem - Trump) giving some pretty wild opinions on Obama. And Hannity - so bad - so very very bad.
2. Michael Brown shooting - CNN was over the top to the point they actually became part of the story because of how many people were disgusted by the obvious efforts to fan the flames of the already tense feelings in Ferguson
3. Trayvon Martin - MSNBC even falsified/edited videos to try to make the story more sensational.

To say one is somehow superior to another is laughable. I utilize them for entertainment - at times - and when news is breaking, White House briefings, speeches, etc. It's a pretty small minority of the whole population that watches these channels anyway.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:39 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,786,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Obviously you don't get it so I'll go into a little more detail.

These shows all fall into the same category, they are political commentary shows. They aren't news shows and it's important to understand the difference.

Oreilly, Hannity, Maddow, Schultz.... even MSNBC or the hosts are going to tell you that. They are comparable programming.

If you are going to compare news shows you need compare something like Shepard Smith, Wolf Blitzer or the Networks. Those are comparable programming, there is nothing on MSNBC that fits into this category.
This isn't about Fox vs. MSNBC.
Why are you even going on like this?

Old 10-27-2014, 11:40 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,817,428 times
Why Conservatives Prefer Propaganda to Reality

Whose reality? Someone else's reality IS propaganda.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:41 AM

1,706 posts, read 2,443,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Your argument seems to be that Fox News is only popular because of people who like to make fun of it.
That's actually pretty funny.
Yes, that's exactly my point.

Even folks who don't watch Fox News, know everything about it (e.g. shows, anchors) because they have heard about it somewhere else. Say a clip online or Jon Stewart piece ... etc

So this inflates the importance of Fox News.

Quote:
Also... what happens if you take 2.4 million and add 100k? And then if you add another 100k? Etc., etc. Are you getting my point about the ratings yet?
What? That math is highly questionable. You don't think that there is an intersection between the 2.4M and 100K audiences? Mostly it is the same folks watching different shows at different times.

It would be safe to assume 8% total viewership. An estimate obtained from the article you posted. Why is it so hard for you to understand this very important point?

Old 10-27-2014, 11:42 AM

893 posts, read 888,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Actually they are not.

We need to stop these false equivalencies. CNN may be factually inaccurate at times (as all MSM), but they are significantly more accurate than Fox. NPR is probably the most accurate of the TV channels.
Again, you are just making crap up. I can guarantee that you do NOT watch Fox.

I can also guarantee that any study you provide to back up that CNN is "significantly more accurate than Fox" would come from some bias source touted as "non-partisan"

I have recorded both CNN and Fox during times of crisis or big news days and went back to compare coverage. It's laughable what CNN leaves out. They don't ALWAYS mislead, but they regularly flat leave out information that you wouldn't get otherwise if you didn't watch Fox or other Conservative media.

Fox is much more balanced in their NEWS shows. They have many more opposing views from guests on.

Try watching some time. Plug your nose and educate yourself. Just once

Old 10-27-2014, 11:45 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,158,252 times
Quote:
This isn't about Fox vs. MSNBC.
Why are you even going on like this?
Because you specifically cited Oreilly as a news show which it isn't.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:46 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,799,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
To be fair, almost all of cable news networks are 99% entertainment and 1% news these days. It's not about reporting current events anymore. It's about offering their opinion on that news. To say one is better than another is really unfair because they are all equally bad. It's all about the ratings, ya know!
Yep. I agree. But only to a point. I don't think we are hearing the news casters opinions necessarily. They say what they are told to say and they push whatever point of view that are told to push. It is more propaganda then personal opinion. I say this about all mainstream news channels.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:47 AM

1,706 posts, read 2,443,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
Again, you are just making crap up. I can guarantee that you do NOT watch Fox.

I can also guarantee that any study you provide to back up that CNN is "significantly more accurate than Fox" would come from some bias source touted as "non-partisan"
Actually, not many people watch MSM. So what Fox and CNN do is irrelevant to almost everything.

Quote:
I have recorded both CNN and Fox during times of crisis or big news days and went back to compare coverage. It's laughable what CNN leaves out. They don't ALWAYS mislead, but they regularly flat leave out information that you wouldn't get otherwise if you didn't watch Fox or other Conservative media.
Could you share this video with us? Maybe upload it on Youtube.

Quote:
Fox is much more balanced in their NEWS shows. They have many more opposing views from guests on.

Try watching some time. Plug your nose and educate yourself. Just once
You dont need guests on a news show. But yes, the news parts of Fox, CNN, etc are all essentially the same. What separates Fox from CNN and others are the opinion shows.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:48 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,713,177 times
Quote:
I'm going to guess that you're a conservative, which is why you didn't even bother to read the article and dismissed it purely because it tells you something that you don't want to hear.

This was one of the points made by the author!
42.7% of all statistics are just made up on the spot.
I DID read the article, and I feel less informed than ever! Don't you realize that conservatives live in the real world too? We are out there shopping, dining, and driving the same roads as liberals. Now, if you want to increase your odds of meeting a true conservative, you could go to church or Waffle House. The patrons at those establishments are 89.2% conservative!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies