Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 06:36 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,608,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yep, he was in a commercial using federal money and it was right during election season. It also doesn't help that Christie picked the commercial that costed more and featured him.

That was an reelection commercial and you know it.
HUD conducted a federal audit and found no wrongdoing by featuring his family. Lots of governors are featured in tourism ads for their state. And the idea that it was to boost his reelection chances is preposterous. Christie would not have lost the election if he died the night before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 06:41 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,223,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Hate is a very powerful word.

All Presidents have handled hecklers in their own way.

Even Obama told his own supporters to sitdown and shut up, when they questioned him on not closing Gitmo.
Well I hate Chris Christie, so what.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
HUD conducted a federal audit and found no wrongdoing by featuring his family. Lots of governors are featured in tourism ads for their state. And the idea that it was to boost his reelection chances is preposterous. Christie would not have lost the election if he died the night before.
Sure the Fed found no wrongdoing, that doesn't change my opinion of how he was basically using federal money to campaign. Christie is a political bully, but that doesn't mean he is stupid. He has been very good at trying to make sure he isn't attached to any wrong doing so far.

As for his reelection, of course he was going to win running against a no name politician.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:16 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,205,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Buying a home on the coast is a risk some homeowners choose, but the rest of us shouldn't have to pay for the results of that decision when the inevitable happens.

The guy was rude and Christie gave it back to him. I liked Christie's response.
The thing with Christie is that like or not he's Direct, Straight and Blunt that one knows where they stand with him. One gets what he gives him. If one is respectful, he respectful in return and so on.

Many call it rude but others it's so refreshing to know where they stand WITHOUT THE PRETENSE, but I call it the NJ attitude and one shouldn't want a NJ-an go NJ on them. It's pretty much when someone messes with a JERSEYan, they get a face fulla JERSEY attitude right back at 'em.....What we like to call GOING JERSEY ON YOU!!

Old 11-01-2014, 07:21 PM

11,361 posts, read 16,730,119 times
Quote:
Yeah it was, that commercial had nothing to do with the storm and all to do with focusing on how great Christie was. He used Sandy victims for his own personal gain.
In your opinion.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:23 PM

11,361 posts, read 16,730,119 times
Quote:
Well I hate Chris Christie, so what.
Hate is a very strong word and fogs ones judgement.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Hate is a very strong word and fogs ones judgement.
Sorry, I don't have the same love you have for Christie. He seemed like your overbearing, bullying corrupt politician.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:37 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,627,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
You don't know what you are talking about......I pay a lot on my homeowners policy for wind damage and flooding...

Just sounds to me that some people in NJ thinks that FEMA should pay for the hurricane damage to their homes...I had a lot of damage to my home from hurricane Ike and what my insurance did not pay I had to pay myself....
Those people in Jersey had insurance too. It's required if you live on or near the shore.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:43 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,627,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And so is the protestor.

I believe in standing up for your rights but I also believe in not being rude.
He stood there with his sign and said nothing until Christie called him out about the sign. Plus, he's been on TV since. He's a pretty classy guy who didn't say anything bad personally about Christie and spoke directly about the people not in their homes. He was perfectly sensible. And I love how Christie is all big and brave with his bodyguards right there. I'd love to see him take on this guy (former pro athlete) and the Navy Seal he mouthed offed to a few years ago without anyone standing near him.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:54 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,092,933 times
Its really easy to get mouthy with someone when you have security all around you and the cops working for you,but not so easy doing something like that in a beer joint parking lot by yourself..not impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies