Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 02:43 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,055,664 times

Advertisements

How about Harry Reid sitting on over 300 bills that the House sent to the Senate ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 02:48 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
How about Harry Reid sitting on over 300 bills that the House sent to the Senate ?
Those don't count. Only bills that the left will rubberstamp are considered progress or worthwhile. Defunding something that the large majority of the public didn't want in the first place is worthless - liberal logic.

Old 10-30-2014, 02:48 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
uh huh
How many laws are necessary to govern you?
And look, more deflection.

To be fair then its all "harry reid is blocking!"

How many of them would pass through that he is blocking?

Congress is worthless, and all I hear is excuses, and blaming the other guy. Heres a clue-I blame both parties, you should too.

Old 10-30-2014, 02:50 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Reid has reportedly refused to bring up 356, so after these 56, there are about 300 more to go.

Given party politics, he's probably doing us a favor though. We probably shouldn't complain about them not passing bills.

Old 10-30-2014, 02:50 PM

654 posts, read 1,250,837 times
I like when Congress gets nothing done.

Whenever they do something it hurts my posterior...(my wallet).

Old 10-30-2014, 02:53 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,243,321 times
Need to dump all the GOP Congressman who keep wanting to take this country backwards...ACA isn't perfect, so instead of trying to end it, try and make it better.

How about focus on a jobs bill or renewable energy bills, or immigration reform.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:02 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Need to dump all the GOP Congressman who keep wanting to take this country backwards...ACA isn't perfect, so instead of trying to end it, try and make it better.
That was their argument about the existing healthcare system, but the left wouldn't consider that. They created a monstrosity and crammed it through without even knowing what was in it, and people are supposed to congratulate them for it? That's absolutely irresponsible.

Quote:
How about focus on a jobs bill or renewable energy bills, or immigration reform.
Those are in that stack of 300 on Mr. Reid's desk.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:10 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,814,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Ever wonder why congress gets nothing accomplished? Over the past two years, there have been 56 bills introduced in the House to defund Obamacare. (this number comes from a local congressman who brags about voting for them) They knew that none would pass, but would rather spend time on that instead of things that could pass. I'm no supporter of the ACA either, but wasting time on 56 bills that you know won't pass? What a worthless bunch of leeches.
And what is it that you really want Congress to do? Increase taxes? Start up more agencies? Spend more money? And have considered the number of bills sitting on the desk of Harry Reid, the guy who runs the Senate? The House has done more than spend time on PrezzyCare but Harry Reid won't let the Senate vote on bills forwarded from the House.

With a non-functioning Senate what is it you think the House should be doing?

Old 10-30-2014, 03:10 PM

654 posts, read 1,250,837 times
Quote:

Yes..I hope they work on immigration reform, because the open borders policy is hurting America. We should close up the borders as tight as possible and deport illegals quickly....so yes I support immigration reform....

Renewable energy bills? I think we learned our lesson with Solyndra..

Old 10-30-2014, 03:20 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
A Chevy will never be a Ferrari, no matter how many fender flares and modified exhaust pipes you put on it.

If you want a Ferrari, you get a Ferrari. You don't start with a broken down Chevy and then try to make it perform like an Italian supercar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies