Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 10:11 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
A man walks down a crowded street. He falls into a manhole.

Liberals in the crowd throw him a rope or ladder to help him climb out. Conservatives stand back and proclaim... "see, this is why people should watch where they are going. They won't fall in holes." They continue on about their day.

Liberals want to protect the poor and vulnerable from the rich and powerful.
Conservatives want to protect the rich and powerful from the poor and vulnerable.

But we're too busy arguing over petty culture wars.

"Morality" in a nutshell.

Yup, that's why conservatives donate more to charities than liberals.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:12 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,515,217 times
Poor representation of either "ideology", obviously. This extreme polarization is rather boring by now.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:13 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Conservatives want to protect the rich and powerful from the poor and vulnerable.

What's absolutely hilarious about your post is that by making the claims in the first two sentences above, you're actively promoting what you wrote in the third sentence. You're the poster boy for hypocrisy, and you're apparently not even smart enough to see it.

Like I said, hilarious.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:14 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
I'm not poor. By the time I'm in the 1%, loyal conservative peasants of mine will love me no matter how blatantly I try to ruin their lives.

It's not personal, I made a (truthful) generalization about the ideology.

What is your plan to help the poor?
If you LOVE the poor (as you claim all liberals do), you'll never be in the 1%. Because of COURSE you'll give all your money to help the poor, right?

Or are you only generous with other people's money?

Old 10-31-2014, 10:20 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
I'm not poor. By the time I'm in the 1%, loyal conservative peasants of mine will love me no matter how blatantly I try to ruin their lives.

It's not personal, I made a (truthful) generalization about the ideology.

People have to want to help themselves as well. What are those who are poor doing in their part to change their situation?

Old 10-31-2014, 10:25 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
A good chunk of Dem voters would demand the guy in the manhole' s wallet, then leave him there after the robbery.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:28 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
People have to want to help themselves as well. What are those who are poor doing in their part to change their situation?
That could be said of anyone, from the poor to the 1%, no mater where you are on the food chain.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:30 AM

119 posts, read 174,301 times
Quote:
A man walks down a crowded street. He falls into a manhole.

Liberals in the crowd throw him a rope or ladder to help him climb out. Conservatives stand back and proclaim... "see, this is why people should watch where they are going. They won't fall in holes." They continue on about their day.

"Morality" in a nutshell.

What liberals would do in reality;
First, call an attorney.
Second, call the press.
Third, take a selfie.
Fourth, see if the person in the hole is a minority. (if person is minority go to #5. If white, there is no story, move along.)
Fifth, Call Al Sharpton
Sixth, Take another selfie then start recording.
7th, wait for the cops to show up then claim they pushed the man into the hole.
8th, call 911 to report a violation of the noise ordinance created by the sirens.
9th, shoot at the EMTs when the ambulance arrives.
10th,order pizza.
11th, rob the pizza guy.
and so on and so on.

In the mean time time a Conservative has helped him out of the manhole and is now under arrest for illegally entering a restricted area.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:33 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
[quote=transmogrifier;37094444]What liberals would do in reality;
First, call an attorney.
Second, call the press.
Third, take a selfie.
Fourth, see if the person in the hole is a minority. (if person is minority go to #5. If white, there is no story, move along.)
Fifth, Call Al Sharpton
Sixth, Take another selfie then start recording.
7th, wait for the cops to show up then claim they pushed the man into the hole.
8th, call 911 to report a violation of the noise ordinance created by the sirens.
9th, shoot at the EMTs when the ambulance arrives.
10th,order pizza.
11th, rob the pizza guy.
and so on and so on.

In the mean time time a Conservative has helped him out of the manhole and is now under arrest for illegally entering a restricted area.[/QUOTE]

He should be arrested he had no warrant to enter the mans home.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:35 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
there's nothing funny about it.

Conservatives hate the poor for being poor. What is the difference here?
Quote:
You're hilarious.....! See, what Conservatives do is provide the poor with an opportunity to rise above with hard work and dedication. Conservatives aren't going to just give it to them, but they'll strive to make sure that anyone who's willing and determined can shake the shackles of poverty and enter the middle class. They also believe that when you do enter the middle class or the 1%, that you shouldn't be punished for that accomplishment, and are entitled to keep what you've worked so hard for.

Liberals on the other hand, I do have to admit, love the poor and vulnerable, just so long as they STAY poor and vulnerable. The minute you decide you want to be successful and accomplish something in this world, you're an automatic enemy to the liberals. In order to make sure that the poor stay poor and unsuccessful, they subsidize them by giving them all manner of entitlements and de-incentavising them to go out in to the work force again

I also find it quite ironic to be called "immoral" by a Liberal, who's only claim to freedom is that of sexual freedom. Liberals definition of Utopia is a drug-fueled, orgy free for all, and yet it's Conservatives who are "immoral"..... yeah. Oh, and don't even worry about getting pregnant and having to take responsibility for your own actions, Liberals got you covered, as it is their goal to have birth control in every vending machine in America, right next to the Snickers and the Almond Joys. If that fails, well you can just have all the abortions your little heart desires.... but Conservatives are the ones with questionable morals......

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 10-31-2014 at 10:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies