Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 12:11 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,080,347 times

Advertisements

It's because of "Thank God Big Oil" they keep me and the wife warm while we snuggle under the bed covers..

I say #$%@ to all the Greenaics..

The True Reason Gas Prices are Falling (Hint: It's Not Because of Green Energy)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 12:50 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
It's because of "Thank God Big Oil" they keep me and the wife warm while we snuggle under the bed covers..

You're pretty ignorant if you believe the following statement from your article:

"There are many global reasons why gas prices are falling, but the major one isn’t being widely reported. America has become in the last several years an energy-producing powerhouse. "

It's all over the place how America is poised to become the worlds largest oil producer AND is already the worlds largest natural gas producer AND - due to more effecient vehicles, alternate energy sources such as the wind turbines that are showing up all over the country etc - U.S. demand for oil has fallen.
The combination of ALL THREE of those factors have driven down oil costs.
As I said, anyone who doesn't already know that is very ignorant indeed. The statement that it's "not widely reported" is pure bullsh*t.

U.S. To Produce More Oil & Gas Than Russia...For Decades - Forbes

Energy Boom Can Withstand Steeper Oil-Price Drop - WSJ - WSJ

Black Gold: Oil Extraction In the U.S. Boosting Economy | Fox Business

Ken

Old 11-01-2014, 01:20 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
You're pretty ignorant if you believe the following statement from your article:

"There are many global reasons why gas prices are falling, but the major one isn’t being widely reported. America has become in the last several years an energy-producing powerhouse. "

It's all over the place how America is poised to become the worlds largest oil producer AND is already the worlds largest natural gas producer AND - due to more effecient vehicles, alternate energy sources such as the wind turbines that are showing up all over the country etc - U.S. demand for oil has fallen.
The combination of ALL THREE of those factors have driven down oil costs.
As I said, anyone who doesn't already know that is very ignorant indeed. The statement that it's "not widely reported" is pure bullsh*t.

U.S. To Produce More Oil & Gas Than Russia...For Decades - Forbes

Energy Boom Can Withstand Steeper Oil-Price Drop - WSJ - WSJ

Black Gold: Oil Extraction In the U.S. Boosting Economy | Fox Business

Ken
Thanks for saving me the trouble of another debunk.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:27 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,188 times
Quote:

We've long ago established that you do not understand oil & gas prices.
Apparently, your article's Stephen Moore only comprehends slightly more.
It's called a Saudi shakedown and they've done it before. Add to that oversupply.
Iraq came on board recently. Iran's cool with it. Only Venezuela has issues and has been asking for emergency meetings.
We're producing at historic levels. Saudi Arabia's ramped up output, squeezing smaller operators.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:11 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,839,429 times
OP, you blamed rising gas prices on Obama here
Gas Prices Rise Again, Move Closer to $4 - Thank You Obama
But when we get falling gas prices uhhhh...

this does wonders for your credibility .

Old 11-01-2014, 02:24 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,080,347 times
Quote:
We've long ago established that you do not understand oil & gas prices.

Is that a fact genius..Whether you want to admit it or not...If Obama and the Greeniacs had their way(what they really want)
I guarantee you gas prices would not be coming down no matter what the world over supply was...I would bet the house on it!!!!

Old 11-01-2014, 03:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
It's because of the actions Saudi Arabia took on 10/1.

Old 11-01-2014, 03:13 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,521,875 times
this is a bunch of hokum

stock prices go up, then they go down, and they will go up again if winter starts getting harsh (demand) and will go up again in the late spring - like every year (albeit some years worse than others).

stop with the partisan BS

Old 11-01-2014, 03:37 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,188 times
Quote:
Is that a fact genius..Whether you want to admit it or not...If Obama and the Greeniacs had their way(what they really want)
I guarantee you gas prices would not be coming down no matter what the world over supply was...I would bet the house on it!!!!
Fail, fail again. If nothing else, you remain consistent.

There's no speculating what someone "really wants" from our energy policy when we're producing a substantial amount of product.

Never mind the facts regarding our current huge output. It's been enough for the Saudis to act. Apparently you fail to understand that, like many things.

Old 11-01-2014, 03:38 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Gas prices are (speculators aside) mostly the result of supply and demand.
Supply is up (due to fracking, increased drilling, etc)
Demand is down (due to more efficient cars, alternate energy sources - such as wind turbines instead of oil-fueled power plants, etc).

BOTH impact price - not ONE, not the OTHER - BOTH.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies