Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 01:34 PM

5,298 posts, read 5,251,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Good things are now going to start happening with the good guys in power. The only thing that would make it better is if Romney would have been elected this would be a truly great country again.
obama has screwed the pooch but we'll get it working again now that dirty harry has been relegated to janitor.
Sit back ye of little faith, watch how it is supposed to be done.. Prosperity and harmony are on the way.
Like we had in 2008 under Bush and a GOP Congress/Senate in lockstep w/ him for 6 yrs...it will be worse this time.

Americans are stupid...how we can't seem to learn...Reagan/Bush took us into recession...Clinton/Dems get us out...GWB/Rep congress nearly take us off the cliff...Obama/Dems bring us back...now we are idiotic enough to return the GOP to power in Congress knowing full well the party of no has no real plans that actually work to make things better.
If this gets even a 50% turnout instead of 39%, Dems win...Cngrats, GOP wins a low turnout election.

Obama needs to save the country the next 2 yrs by vetoing any and all bad legislation from Capital Hill...only sign it if its truly a Bi-Partisan legisilation...otherwise stop the GOP from ruining things and retake power in 2016 when we have a bigger electorate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 01:39 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,678,940 times
Absolutely!

He performed exactly as expected and my expectations were as low as possible so no surprises there.

Personally, I don't care what he is thinking but if he needs help packing, I'll be the first in line.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,461,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Absolutely!

He performed exactly as expected and my expectations were as low as possible so no surprises there.

Personally, I don't care what he is thinking but if he needs help packing, I'll be the first in line.

"Right behind you" soon is not soon enough. I had no high expectations for him. OR believed his lies of Hope n' Change.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:08 PM

2,025 posts, read 4,181,427 times
They are thinking exactly what they are told to think. After all the obots do have their talking points......"Bush......Reagan....rest of the world......all hail!"

Old 11-05-2014, 04:14 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,763,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Which is why I think people are generally stupid.

The economy is booming compared to the rest of the world, the jobless rate is below 6%

And yet 70% say we are on the wrong track? bwhahaha

What planet were yall on 6 years ago?
The jobless rate is nowhere near being below 6%. The real number is more like 11%-14%. Gotta love the fixed numbers from the Obama group and congress.

I would ask you what planet you are living on since you have no idea what you even posted about.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,245,171 times
I'm thinking that Obama is still the president with a veto pen.

I'm also thinking that he should use that pen sparingly, but definitely when necessary.

I'm also thinking that you folks need to calm down.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Good things are now going to start happening with the good guys in power. The only thing that would make it better is if Romney would have been elected this would be a truly great country again.
obama has screwed the pooch but we'll get it working again now that dirty harry has been relegated to janitor.
Sit back ye of little faith, watch how it is supposed to be done.. Prosperity and harmony are on the way.
Damn, that's some good weed, ain't it?

Let me take a pull.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:21 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,238,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm thinking that Obama is still the president with a veto pen.

I'm also thinking that he should use that pen sparingly, but definitely when necessary.

I'm also thinking that you folks need to calm down.
Once again I agree with you. GWB became the rubber stamp president, he should have used the power of VETO a little more often.
The people spoke and sent a loud message yesterday. They were not happy with DC and they voted against incumbents.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:54 PM

27,174 posts, read 15,352,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Im thinking that this will pave the way for either Elizabeth Warren or Hillary Clinton to become the first female President of the United States.

I cant wait.

So you would vote for either just so we could put the first woman in the Oval Office?

I sure would hope not since that is not a good reason to chose a leader.
THe way you express it says that's what your intent is.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Once again I agree with you. GWB became the rubber stamp president, he should have used the power of VETO a little more often.
The people spoke and sent a loud message yesterday. They were not happy with DC and they voted against incumbents.
Yeah, well I don't want Obama to go veto crazy..he should sign good Republican legislation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies