Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 07:41 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

The GOP was never an advocate for rounding up illegals en masse. It would however be cost effective in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 07:44 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
In his press conference, Obama said "I hear you" to the voters and went further and said "To those who didn't vote, I hear you too."

And with all that, he said he will continue to do executive actions against the American people, thus not giving a horse's patoot about the big losses or the American people.
The only thing he hears is the constant drumming of his own voice.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:49 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The GOP was never an advocate for rounding up illegals en masse. It would however be cost effective in the long run.
It actually wouldn't. The long term efficient solution is reforming immigration/labor and making illegals immigrants legal by making them pay a small fine. It's better to be gaining population than losing it, China will actually loss a lot of it's competitiveness in the coming decades when the older workers far outpace the younger ones. This applies to Japan, Russia, and quite a few developed European countries.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:40 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I hope he vetoes everything on his desk.

No more stakes Obama... your legacy depends on your pen! Get to work.

Yep. Great strategy! Continue to act like a dictator with his little pen, and veto himself right into impeachment!

Old 11-06-2014, 11:55 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
In his press conference, Obama said "I hear you" to the voters and went further and said "To those who didn't vote, I hear you too."

And with all that, he said he will continue to do executive actions against the American people, thus not giving a horse's patoot about the big losses or the American people.
When 2/3 of the voters did not show up, that should give King Obama a clue why voters are fed up with his arrogance and lack of willingness to work with both houses of congress.

The words "I hear you" sort of ring a bell from 1994, which was what Bill Clinton said ["America, we hear you!"] on the day after the mid-term elections. I'm not a fan of Clinton, but at least he listened to what the American people said and he worked with the Republican majority in both the House and the Senate. Obama? Well, he can only talk, but I doubt he'll do anything differently.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:07 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
He was elected overwhelmingly in 2012. He's still the president. And I expect him to continue to do his job, no matter who's running congress.
When is he going to start? been 6 years since he was first elected.

We know he is still president, and are very saddened.

Obama had Reid hold up dem and repub bills to strangle needed discussion and disenfranchise the electorate. Obama refuses to negotiate with repubs. So what job do you think he should continue to do?

Old 11-06-2014, 12:16 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
I don't think people really understand the stranglehold Reid put on the Senate. Their own Democrat Senators couldn't add amendments, vote on them, and generally do the job their own people sent them there to do. My prediction is that Senator McConnell will send up a flurry of bipartisan bills to Obama's desk to see if he vetoes them. I think Obama will because it doesn't fit in his very narrow view of what should be done - even if his own party disagrees with him. This will be a mistake of epic proportions for Obama because now the GOP is able to hold up those vetoed bipartisan bills and rightly claim that Obama is not looking to work across the aisle, that's he's not interested in what is best for Americans, and is only interested in legislating with his Executive Orders on his terms only.

The House. Well, I kind of look at them like the Wild West and always have. One good thing is that I think even the most ridiculous members of the majority there (and yes, there are some) would gladly go along with this line of thinking. McConnell, as much as his personal appearance belies it, is a pretty brilliant political strategist and to think he doesn't know how to exploit Obama's personal weakness (his ego) would be shortsighted at best.

Unless Obama changes his tune, which based on the press conference yesterday seems unlikely, he will be an absolute drag on any chance of the Democrats trying to turn around the sentiment of the electorate.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:19 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
When is he going to start? been 6 years since he was first elected.

We know he is still president, and are very saddened.

Obama had Reid hold up dem and repub bills to strangle needed discussion and disenfranchise the electorate. Obama refuses to negotiate with repubs. So what job do you think he should continue to do?
Play golf?

Old 11-06-2014, 12:22 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
And Obama holds the veto still. So now less will get done...... This is what happens when Republicans decided to be obstructionist the first 6 years of Obama's term. Now there is little chance that the Republicans "plan", if they even have one, will come to fruition until 2016, if they can win.

You far righties don't want to admit it, but Obama was hampered by Congress. Now it will be the Republicans who will look ineffective when they try and pass legislation. I'm tired of these sort of politics.

Any Democrat that does not help to override a veto will be labeled an "Obama lover" and will lose their seat in 2016. They will either be part of the solution or continue to support an idiot who should never have been elected in first place.

Old 11-06-2014, 12:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
he basically drew another redline.No wander CNN election coverage called him toxic to democratic candidates. if you heard any of them he was community organizing by making promise he can never keep himself. Some say if he mishandles immigration he will kill it for decade to come as becoming law. That is why the Plan they were close to bring to the floor for a vote died. Many backers started to dropout as they heard from voters who sent e-mails; letters and calls. Remember Democrats then had majority and many were democrats that the killed bill. McCain then made his' we hear you" speech ; altho a sponsor of the bill. Seeing the Obama effect in this election cycle now many do you think are going to follow him; plain and simple. CNN election coverage known liberals called him toxic to anyone he campaign for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies