Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 11:20 AM

495 posts, read 611,559 times

Advertisements

A bad immigration amnesty bill hastily written at 2AM
Rushing all the Democrat platform junk like the finale fireworks show on a 4th of July....

Rush bad stuff down and coerce Congress to vote quickly don't worry about what's in it ....maybe bribe Congress by offering them salary increases...whatever you have to do ....

Hurry hurry hurry
The American people voted November 4th to put all these new Republicans in but we can sneak stuff in before January!!!! Hurry up!!!! The Republicans coming in wont let this stuff get passed!!!! So let's Rush it fast like we did Obamacare!

Is this not what's on Obama's mind as we speak?

Moderate Democrats and other Republicans: "If it were me I would put the longterm interests of the United States above myself and above party politics. I don't compromise my values and ethics, not even if it loses me a few political points. I would put my country first and party politics second."

Obama's subconscious response: "Well quite honestly I never really put the US first, I put the cause of black theology and world social progressivism first. My goal is to impress the world the first ever black president tried to change the richest nation in the world at all costs. Whatever hurts the country I don't care, I will just say I tried and that's what counts...I won't worry if in actuality I'm messing stuff up because I have priorities above USA. I was barely even born here anyhow I grew up in Kenya and Indonesia. Like if I really put USA first would I have ever let a National Debt double from 9 Trillion to 18 Trillion and just focus on the game people aren't smart enough at math to just leave it at Bush upped the national debt too from 5 trillion to 9 trillion? So I can just act dumb at math and say Bush upped the debt too...numbers are just for geeks."

Last edited by Ericthebean; 11-15-2014 at 11:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2014, 11:22 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,972,625 times
For as long as Obama has been around, he's been in conflict with the interests of the country (meaning, the public). He politically founded in Corruptago, and has been seeking ways to force his wants on the public ever since.

Old 11-15-2014, 11:24 AM

654 posts, read 1,250,951 times
See what he passes overnight on Dec 31 and Jan 1st.

Old 11-15-2014, 01:57 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,184,310 times
First of all - Presidents don't draft bills. Congress does. Obama can't just draw something up and get it through Congress for a vote. So how will he do this? He'd have to get through Boehner for any funding bill. Reid is stupid, but he knows he can't get anything through the Senate and get the House to agree.

So what's all this complaining about?

Old 11-15-2014, 02:17 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
I believe most of the old Schoolhouse Rock can still be found on youtube. There's an excellent skit about the way bills become law and who's involved when. Just thought I'd mention it.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:23 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
Rushing bills to vote and into law is not new just look at the affordable health care reform where Nancy Pelosi actually said we will pass it then figure out what is wrong with it. Seriously. Now this clown, one of the architects of the bill has come out to say that Americans are stupid and that the bill was purposely written so it would be hard to understand. That's transparency for you.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:33 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,056,243 times
I think that when a seat in the Senate or Congress changes hands, the change needs to take place the day after that election has been decided.

Out with the old and in with the new... immediately.

This would prevent this sort of thing.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:36 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I believe most of the old Schoolhouse Rock can still be found on youtube. There's an excellent skit about the way bills become law and who's involved when. Just thought I'd mention it.
Schoolhouse Rock wasn't aquainted with President "I've got a pen, and I've got a phone" Obama. He thinks his way is superior to the Founding Father's.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:01 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Maybe you can see to it that your boss Obama watches it. He clearly doesn't know and understand what you're talking about.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:16 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
I think that when a seat in the Senate or Congress changes hands, the change needs to take place the day after that election has been decided.

Out with the old and in with the new... immediately.

This would prevent this sort of thing.

You really think they wouldn't try to do the same thing 2 days before the election?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies