Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2014, 03:17 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Sure, because anyone still using the term teabagger to describe the tea party isn't biased at all!
The teabaggers called themselves teabaggers!!! Don't put that on us, that was your term! We just agreed because we're nice like that.

Old 11-09-2014, 03:22 PM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Quote:
No no no. Actually, they don't. Most voters voted for Obama. This happened twice.
And nearly all of them were ignorant voters swooning their lives away at him without paying any heed to his dastardly plans for all Americans.

Quote:
Why I do not like Obama is for the fist time in my life I feel the US government is my enemy.
That's what he has basically turned our government into. Government is supposed to be for the people, not against the people.

Old 11-09-2014, 03:32 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The teabaggers called themselves teabaggers!!! Don't put that on us, that was your term! We just agreed because we're nice like that.
You missed the word "still" in my post. Not surprising.
And I'm not tea party so you're incorrect in using "your" as well.

Old 11-09-2014, 03:57 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Yes, you absolutely DO. If you are prepared to call someone a racist because it's convenient to your argument then it IS up to you to back it up and you can't. You just casually toss the accusation around and you toss your credibility out with it.

I VOTED for Obama the first time around so don't call ME a racist. I had/have absolutely NO PROBLEM with the color of someone's skin. What I can't stand though are people who use the race or the gender card to deflect from the failings of their favorite politicians. In doing so, you are essentially urinating all over the hard won progress that better people than you have fought for over the years leading up to the point where a woman or a black man can run for and attain high office.
I think you have a beautifully stated post and so true. People who seem to bring up the race card, truly don't have nothing else going on. That is it, and they bring it up 24/7 cause they ain't got any other argument.

No body I know, and I know a lot of people believe me family friends, and clients plenty of them all over the Country. Who are against Obama because of his color. The Man ain't got no substance, or integrity, and that says it all in a nutshell.

One too many lies is enough, deceit of a failed administration who hold accountability to those who have done wrong, is too much for some to handle.

Old 11-09-2014, 06:25 PM

31,052 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I think you have a beautifully stated post and so true. People who seem to bring up the race card, truly don't have nothing else going on. That is it, and they bring it up 24/7 cause they ain't got any other argument.

No body I know, and I know a lot of people believe me family friends, and clients plenty of them all over the Country. Who are against Obama because of his color. The Man ain't got no substance, or integrity, and that says it all in a nutshell.

One too many lies is enough, deceit of a failed administration who hold accountability to those who have done wrong, is too much for some to handle.
"Nobody I know, and I know a lot of people believe me family friends, and clients plenty of them all over the Country. Who are against Obama because of his color."

Same here

I'm not 100% positive but I believe Obama has such hero worship in many of his supporters minds, that declaring all those that don't agree with him as racist is the only explanation they can think of. It's the equivalent to someone insulting your father or mother: No matter how bad they are, you can't help but to hold them in a positive light. Both Reagan and Kennadys followers were similar in their blind devotion.

Old 11-09-2014, 08:52 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm not humble and when it comes to pride I pick my spots. (Shrug)
Then it does depend on how one looks at it....post #85

Old 11-09-2014, 09:08 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
What I hate about Obama is that instead of uniting the country, he has divided it. He doesn't act like the leader of our country - ALL the people in our country. He only wants to be the leader of the people who agree with him. He's always pitting Democrats against Republicans, black against white, poor against rich. He doesn't know how to lead.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:14 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
What I hate about Obama is that instead of uniting the country, he has divided it. He doesn't act like the leader of our country - ALL the people in our country. He only wants to be the leader of the people who agree with him. He's always pitting Democrats against Republicans, black against white, poor against rich. He doesn't know how to lead.
I wonder why Obama hasn't appreciated the humor of seeing Republicans depict him as an African native with a bone in his nose, a chimpanzee, watermelons growing on the White House lawn, etc.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:46 PM

760 posts, read 768,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
It is reasonable and how most people feel about Obama, they realize he was a huge mistake.
No, Obama was no mistake at all, if he could run a third term I'd vote for him again as I have the last two times.
The man has had to battle blatant racism, a do-nothing GOP congress who has thrown temper tantrums and walked out and refused to return to session remember that little fiasco game they played that caused layoffs of Federal workers, parks etc?

The GOP congress has done nothing but act like obstructionists since day one on anything and everything Mr Obama did, said, or proposed. Don't even go into the idiocy of the "birthers" going on and on and on, and distracting everyone with their garbage and creating a climate of hate and racism for years.

We already saw what the GOP has done thanks to the Bush crime cartel and the fiasco along with two unfunded wars they left behind!

If you want to lay blame lay it on the do nothing fools in CONGRESS, congress is the one who holds all the cards not the president, the president can only sign or veto the bills the congress puts on his desk, and for the last 6 years congress has been completely, and utterly disfunctional, petty, and way overpaid.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:50 PM

760 posts, read 768,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Evidently they just do not care.
Not to mention the ones who voted for totally unviable "third party" candidates completely threw their votes away and by throwing their votes away that way they voted GOP by proxy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies