Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 04:45 PM

74 posts, read 66,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
The U.S. is better under Obama than it was when he was sworn into office.
Says you...

Seeing as though the Democrats were taken to the woodshed last week, I'd say the majority of the country doesn't care for your spin on things.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:05 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Since when are facts considered talking points?
By forgetting to mention other more relevant facts important to the context and conversation.

But Obama-cult members usually do this. I could explain it ten more times and you still wouldn't get it. So why bother.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:11 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I find this all pretty pathetic considering conservatives are very loud and clear about what they dislike about Obama... and some will just respond "YOU RACIST!! YOU JUST HATE HIM BECAUSE HES BLACK!!"
They don't care. They've been conditioned to have an irrational and unhealthy hatred for Republicans, it seems.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:17 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Here's the problem with this Canadian's point of view. He hasn't had to actually live under a system ran by Obama. Sure, he hears MSNBC and other left leaning news sources paint a pretty picture and then is confused when we overwhelmingly rejected Obama policies in this mid-term election. However, when you actually look at exit polls, you can quickly see why we did so. People are reporting their own personal financial picture is not good and not improving (believe that number was around 70%). This isn't something those left-leaning media sources like to advertise and in fact, do anything in their power to not report. So, when you're fed a whole lot of BS, then yes, it's natural to be confused. However, Americans have the most powerful of all facts - they live it everyday. So I forgive this Canadian for being woefully ignorant of what it's like to live in Obama's America today because he fell for the well-crafted propaganda, which is this administration's only achievement to date.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:29 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Take him please! Oh nose, then we are stuck with Biden, who at this point may be a better option. One puts their foot in their mouth most of the time. The other one is just full of BS all the damn time.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:40 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Point the finger at Bush again. Its all Bush's fault; sure he caused world recession by over spending in say Europe; LOL.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:43 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I read that piece and threw up in my mouth a little bit. The trouble with Obama is that he is a genius at campaigning and he excited the world in 2008 but what has he really done. He promised so much and we all believed him. Heck he even won the noble peace prize for something he hadn't done yet. The list of his non accomplishments and unbelievable scandals are growing by the day. I think it is sad that he had so much promise to be a great President and the country was behind him but he will leave office being known for causing so much damage to the country and its reputation abroad that it is going to take years to overcome them.
History would remember him better if he had been a one term president.
The Romans coined an expression after AD 69 when there was a much hoped for new emperor in a year of turmoil and he terribly flopped ..."He would have been a better ruler if he had never ruled."

Old 11-10-2014, 06:04 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,693,069 times
Quote:
Since it is fundamentally flawed, explain the flaws in the argument. Be specific.

We are nuts. We just elected the same goons that created the mess this administration has cleaned up.

Insanity is doing the same thing over again expecting different results.

No, it is putting it in context. The U.S. economy is strongest in the developed world. We have recovered from the Global recession. Our dollar is strong again. Our reputation in the world is recovering. To what "excuses" are you refering to?

Since when are facts considered talking points?

This is your opinion. In my opinion we just elected a whole slate of people that will clean up the mess that Obama has created over the past 6 years.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:17 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
This is your opinion. In my opinion we just elected a whole slate of people that will clean up the mess that Obama has created over the past 6 years.
It may be a mess, but what Bush left Obama was a disaster.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:27 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
It may be a mess, but what Bush left Obama was a disaster.
What policies of Bush left us a disaster?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies