Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 08:12 AM

13,943 posts, read 5,615,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Exactly. The left will rue the day they put their stamp of approval on this precedent. Very, very short-sighted and stupid on their part, but I've come to expect no less.
Make no mistake, I have a collection of bookmarks to articles, threads, etc with all this support and enthusiasm for Obama's lawlessness, and I will be soooooo happy to trot it all out the instant I hear any whining about the next GOP president who "oversteps" his authority or whatever. Like an avalanche I will unleash all these threads and articles.

Tyranny seems to be funny as hell to people so long as it's their tyrant acting like the king. It isn't so funny when it's the guy they don't much care, but I'll be here asking them why u not laugh no more? Bet it.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:50 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Make no mistake, I have a collection of bookmarks to articles, threads, etc with all this support and enthusiasm for Obama's lawlessness, and I will be soooooo happy to trot it all out the instant I hear any whining about the next GOP president who "oversteps" his authority or whatever. Like an avalanche I will unleash all these threads and articles.

Tyranny seems to be funny as hell to people so long as it's their tyrant acting like the king. It isn't so funny when it's the guy they don't much care, but I'll be here asking them why u not laugh no more? Bet it.
Booooooooooosh!

Old 11-14-2014, 09:23 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Maybe Congress and the commander in dolt should ask the American people want we want them to do. After all, they work for us and, let's face it, we are smarter than they are.
We already know that TeamObama doesn't care what the American people want - he continues to cram down his view of what HE thinks is good for the American people ..... on account of .....
The American people are just too Stupid to know what's good for them.

As to the viewpoint of the American people ..... there has been some recent polling on both Amnesty and Obama's plans to ignore Congress. The people don't like that at all.

Poll Shows Huge Opposition To Oval Office Amnesty - 11/7/14

Eighty percent of voters polled on Election Day say new jobs should go to Americans and legal immigrants, not to illegal immigrants, including the potential beneficiaries of President Barack Obama’s planned executive amnesty, says an election-day poll of 806 voters.

“Voters overwhelmingly prefer an immigration system that protects American workers,” says a memo released with the poll by Kellyanne Conway, founder of the polling company.

74% think Obama should work with Congress and not take unilateral actions - there were majorities across ALL demographics.

It showed that “majorities of men (75%), women (74%), whites (79%), blacks (59%), and Hispanics (54%) all recommended that the President collaborate with Congress before changing immigration law.”

Gallup has similar polling as does Rasmussen (which consistently is the only poll keeping Obama's approval numbers above 40%.

Voters Strongly Oppose Obama's Amnesty Plan for Illegal Immigrants 9/4/14

Old 11-14-2014, 09:40 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
You are mistaken. This is amnesty just as the ACA penalty is a tax. Voters are not stupid. We know when we are deceived.

This President has done nothing but deceive us, his whole time in office. He does not know about honesty, but deceit. And a mountain of lies that come out of his lying mouth.

The only thing he wants to do, is bring this Country down. And by the way most Republicans we associate with, are not my age. They are successful early or late thirties or in their forties. With very successful businesses. There is no stereo type painted, except by those with a imagination.

This is the most Pig headed, stubborn evil, obnoxious, in mature, child like, bullish mean, get even President I have ever witnessed

To say no, would be a outright lie.

This President does not give a damn about what and how most Americans feel on this issue. Not one fudging bit. All he cares about is his agenda, to bring this Country down. And by the way, it will go down and fast.

Some voters are very stupid, and Obama counts on his wittle stupid voters. Infact it appears that the Democrat Party counts on dumb versus smart.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:41 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kac1101 View Post
They have each other and they support each other so they don't need education as much as those who don't network and come together. They build their community their way. This is the main reason why they're so hated.
If they are hated it's because they think their illegal amigos are above our immigration laws and should be rewarded for breaking them in spite of what it would do to the rest of us. Seems there is justification for that so-called hatred. I don't hate however, I object.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Apparently politicians shouldn't "diss" Hispanics by honoring our immigration laws according to the one you are responding to? Since when is any ethnic group above our immigration laws and should be rewarded for breaking them and then threaten to withhold their votes if they don't get their anti-laws, selfish way?

I guess then when Obama says we should honor illegal immigrants. He himself is making these people feel that they are above any law. That is not the right thing to do.

You do not reward bad behavior, but in Obama's case, you do.

And he will get his way, because with this President, he has to win,. and to hell with the demise of this once great Country. It will head in a downward spiral.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:53 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,103,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Booooooooooosh!

When Dubya was president the lefties declared that "dissent is patriotic", but ever since Obama became president it turns out that dissent is racist

Old 11-14-2014, 05:56 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
It's my opinion that if Obama does in fact bypass the constitution in such a blatant manner it will put a serious tear in the political/social fabric of our nation.
One that may just be almost impossible to repair without bloodshed.

Interesting how one person feels he can just trash several hundred years of history for his OWN gain.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:09 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,103,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
It's my opinion that if Obama does in fact bypass the constitution in such a blatant manner it will put a serious tear in the political/social fabric of our nation.
One that may just be almost impossible to repair without bloodshed.

Interesting how one person feels he can just trash several hundred years of history for his OWN gain.
I don't think it will come to a civil war, but I am positive that Obama will be impeached if he goes ahead with these proposals. It would be impossible to ignore such a grievous bypass of the established lawmaking process.

I am loath to support impeachment because it make Obama look like a martyr and it will fire up the leftists ahead of the 2016 election ("look what those evil racist Republicans did to the first Black president") but this is something that cannot go unpunished.

For the good of the nation, for the good of the Constitution I urge Obama to hold off and give the 114th Congress until the late spring of 2015 to come up with an immigration bill.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:28 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I don't think it will come to a civil war, but I am positive that Obama will be impeached if he goes ahead with these proposals. It would be impossible to ignore such a grievous bypass of the established lawmaking process.

I am loath to support impeachment because it make Obama look like a martyr and it will fire up the leftists ahead of the 2016 election ("look what those evil racist Republicans did to the first Black president") but this is something that cannot go unpunished.

For the good of the nation, for the good of the Constitution I urge Obama to hold off and give the 114th Congress until the late spring of 2015 to come up with an immigration bill.
There's big money behind the Immigration push. Soros is chief among the big money.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/15/us...nges.html?_r=1

The oligarchs create circles of corruption, where they create thousands of 'not for profits' that bribe pols via campaign contributions.

The French created the National Razor a couple hundred years ago to deal with a corrupt elite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies