Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 11:07 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
No offense taken. I'm just responding to the thread in general and do not mean to target your posts. You just gave me a hook to hang my post on. I agree with many of your positions. Not all.......but, many.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 03:45 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Then slap me silly, and call me an idiot. In many cases when Obama acted, he's acted out of a sense of compassion for the people. On the other hand, I don't think republicans can spell the word, even with a spell check. The concept is alien to their mindset.
Not really, he's acted out of a sense of SELF, nothing more, nothing less. If he thinks it's good for his legacy he's all in.

All hail King Obama!

Old 11-24-2014, 04:52 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Not really, he's acted out of a sense of SELF, nothing more, nothing less. If he thinks it's good for his legacy he's all in.

All hail King Obama!
There isn't a single politician who doesn't act out of self interest. Don't act like Obama is doing something that is unheard of. Everyone does it. But you can't POSSIBLY be negative toward the party you voted for. That would be insane!

Old 11-24-2014, 05:52 PM

24,421 posts, read 23,084,509 times
Quote:
Then slap me silly, and call me an idiot. In many cases when Obama acted, he's acted out of a sense of compassion for the people. On the other hand, I don't think republicans can spell the word, even with a spell check. The concept is alien to their mindset.
>>>> I think he's simply done the bidding of those who control and own him, measured with a self serving narcissism. I don't think he cares about anybody but himself, honestly.
But the republican politicians aren't much better since they're ultimately getting the same orders from the same people. They just have to put up more of a front and don't have the freedom to openly defy their supporters quite so much. The democrats...they are quicker to forgive and overlook failure to act in their best interests as long as they're promised something. Let's just say democrat voters can be bought off a little more cheaply than republicans.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:57 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>>> I think he's simply done the bidding of those who control and own him, measured with a self serving narcissism. I don't think he cares about anybody but himself, honestly.
But the republican politicians aren't much better since they're ultimately getting the same orders from the same people. They just have to put up more of a front and don't have the freedom to openly defy their supporters quite so much. The democrats...they are quicker to forgive and overlook failure to act in their best interests as long as they're promised something. Let's just say democrat voters can be bought off a little more cheaply than republicans.
If you believe what you wrote here, well, you are deep in the illusion.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:01 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
The Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007 — its full name was Secure Borders, Economic Opportunity and Immigration Reform Act of 2007 (S. 1348) — was a bill discussed in the 110th United States Congress that would have provided legal status and a path to citizenship for the approximately 12 million illegal immigrants residing in the United States. The bill was portrayed as a compromise between providing a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants and increased border enforcement: it included funding for 300 miles (480 km) of vehicle barriers, 105 camera and radar towers, and 20,000 more Border Patrol agents, while simultaneously restructuring visa criteria around high-skilled workers.

Who wanted this????

The bill's sole sponsor in the Senate was Majority Leader Harry Reid, though it was crafted in large part as a result of efforts by Senators Kennedy, McCain and Kyl, along with Senator Lindsey Graham, and input from President George W. Bush, who strongly supported the bill.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:13 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If a obama as is reported will grant illegals amnest and give green cards to approx. 4.5 million people who broke the law but doesn't do anything for legal aliens waiting for years and staying in line and paying all the fees and traveling out of the USA as required costing them thousands to be in compliance and finger printed every few years so their background is know...if Obama is now going ahead to get this signed do we have to call him King Obama!

Right now we have proof how on tax payers money the man calling the voters stupid and disclosing how the stupid Obama voters were all fooled as he is telling and Nancy Pelosi telling in public lying about something she admitted a few years back....how can anyone let this all happen!

It seems they are getting away with it and right now we have again seen an illegal killing two women in a hit and run and another illegal hitting and killing a 3 year old as if breaking the law coming here wasn't bad enough.

The USA has it own Monarch...a King!

Two more years of the King ruling the country and the people being subjects!

1) Kings are not elected. President Obama was elected by a majority vote, twice
2) The "King" title has to be inherited. President Obama is not related to anyone who ever served as President.
3) A President can issue an Executive Order. It is mentioned in our Constitution.

If you don't agree with amnesty and the position he took regarding illegal immigrants, just say so. However, calling him "King" is quite stupid.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:30 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times
Default Is the USA now run by a King...named Obama!

Obama couldn't run a freaking stocking!

Old 11-24-2014, 06:34 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Damn, I'm starting to almost hope a Republican wins in 2016 so all these whiny Repubs will shut up!

We survived Bush. And his daddy. And Reagan. You'll survive Obama. And Hillary.
Interesting point. if a repub does become President and the repubs hold the house and the senate, who they gonna hate then? will they turn on themselves? what will be the content of FOX,Limbaugh and Beck type shows.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:38 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Obama couldn't run a freaking stocking!
You have as much opportunity as the lowly community organizer to step up and become President and show us how its done.. Unless..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies