Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2014, 11:16 PM

169 posts, read 124,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Light bulb diversity?
No. Choice diversity.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:16 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racional View Post
Nice try.

It is illegal to manufacture them with the intent to sell them.

Bulk incandescent bulb manufacturers and wholesalers are now in the same category as recreational cocaine traffickers.

Are you proud to support that being so?
Well I guess you will just have to manufacture them to give to your friends for free.

Yes, I love supporting a law that makes incandescent bulbs obsolete and ends the manufacture of them.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:17 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,897,480 times
Quote:
Does that automatically make it OK?

Why do you support that law? Why not instead allow freedom of choice?
Of course it's OK; elitists decided for the collective, which I am not a part of.
He is waiting for Big Brother to take power so he will never need nor have the opportunity to decide for himself. He is looking forward to an Orwellian dystopia.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:18 PM

Quote:
No. Choice diversity.
Choice diversity? Are you just making up new phrases or something?

Old 11-14-2014, 11:18 PM

169 posts, read 124,231 times
Quote:
The are inferior due to their energy bleeding compared to more advanced technology.
Even if that is true, why shouldn't we be able to have the choice to use them?

You also haven't explained how incandescent bulbs are more dangerous than the federally tyrannical bulbs.

Last edited by Racional; 11-14-2014 at 11:42 PM..

Old 11-14-2014, 11:19 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I don't disagree with the cost savings for LEDs and have a few myself. My issue with the law is not what I choose to use as light - whether it be LEDs or incandescents. It's a bad law because it was the US government creating a law to help a business kill competition. We should, as citizens, be against this type of behavior and our lawmakers should not be able to pass this kind of BS and then later say, 'oh well, too late now'. It was wrong to pass then and wrong to keep as law now.

I asked if you were young because I wasn't sure you were old enough to remember how this all came about.
Honestly, I don't care so much about businesses as much as I care about me and my family. It saves us a lot of money. Incandescents are money eaters.

8,610 posts, read 7,897,480 times
Quote:

Well I guess you will just have to manufacture them to give to your friends for free.

Yes, I love supporting a law that makes incandescent bulbs obsolete and ends the manufacture of them
I hope you are alive when society collapses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Of course it's OK; elitists decided for the collective, which I am not a part of.
He is waiting for Big Brother to take power so he will never need nor have the opportunity to decide for himself. He is looking forward to an Orwellian dystopia.
Well it was a good book, and probably one of my most favorite books I have ever read.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I hope you are alive when society collapses.
So now society is going to collapse because a few old guys can't get their incandescent light bulbs? That has to be one of the biggest stretch I have ever heard.

Old 11-14-2014, 11:21 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,412 times
This is just another in a long line of boneheaded, knee jerk reactionary measures that are supposed to benefit the environment but were never thought through.

Let's make an “environmentally-friendly” green light bulb out of MERCURY – one of the most toxic environmental poisons in the world. It will require a special hazardous cleanup procedure if broken, it will
need to be disposed of at special hazardous waste facilities if you don't want the landfills to become contaminated with mercury.

Let's add an additive to gasoline called MBTE to clean the air except now it's being found in groundwater in many places around the country. Drinking Water | Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether (MTBE) | US EPA

Let's use Ethanol and LITERALLY BURN FOOD AS FUEL while there are food shortages and people are starving!

Let's switch to plastic bags to save the trees and generate 4 times the solid waste that can last up 1,000 years.

Let's ban DDT based on the alarmist book, Silent Spring and watch Malaria spread needlessly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies