Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 01:43 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Denial.

Responding to a criticism of the denialist religion with another criticism is illogical.
I'll interpret this post. "Since I will never change my life or expect people like Al Gore or President Obama to change theirs, I'll choose to duck, dodge and duck. Sure I want the planet to feel better, but I'm not going to give up my phone or computer to do so."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 01:48 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
This article basically does all of the explaining for me.

As for me, I've lived in the Metro Area most of my life. My parents survived the Blizzard of '77.

The Lake Effect snow process is real. People in the southtowns (south suburbs) get their relief from continuous snow typically in mid-January when Lake Erie freezes.

It's weather. Another poster who doesn't know the difference between weather and climate.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:51 PM

260 posts, read 299,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
No, I am saying that if you want carbon dioxide illegal, just have the King decree it. He lowers sea levels and global temps, he heals the sick. What is the AGW boogeyman? It's manmade CO2. So have the King outlaw the production of CO2 from anything other breathing. Done. His will be done.

Doesn't that fix everything? And isn't global warming a much bigger threat and emergency than immigration? methinks thou ought to petition thine King.

I'm not going to even begin to understand what you're talking bout. Is this about Jesus the king of kings coming back to thwart global warming?

Pastor Matthew Hagee: Global warming not produced by humans, but simply a sign of Jesus’s return « Why Evolution Is True

Kind of a weird argument but okay

Old 11-21-2014, 01:56 PM

921 posts, read 1,132,322 times
Quote:
This article basically does all of the explaining for me.

As for me, I've lived in the Metro Area most of my life. My parents survived the Blizzard of '77.

The Lake Effect snow process is real. People in the southtowns (south suburbs) get their relief from continuous snow typically in mid-January when Lake Erie freezes.
Everyone needs to wake up. This Lake Effect snow & all the other weird weather events were created by HAARP. They're basically trying to exterminate the United States & the rest of the world! blogdog: HAARP Pooned Humanity - We are being Exterminated

Old 11-21-2014, 02:01 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTy View Post
I'm not going to even begin to understand what you're talking bout. Is this about Jesus the king of kings coming back to thwart global warming?

Pastor Matthew Hagee: Global warming not produced by humans, but simply a sign of Jesus’s return « Why Evolution Is True

Kind of a weird argument but okay
Wow, dense much?

I am being sardonic about Obama declaring himself king last night. I think AGW is a bunch of egocentric nonsense. I am sarcastically suggesting that since the US is now ruled by a monarch, and monarchs traditionally have been given the powers of demigods, AGW people should have the god-king outlaw the bad gas that wrecks the planet.

The AGW zealot goal is economically destructive legislation to combat this phantom warming thing, but that was before America changed from nation of laws to rule by diktat. Now they just need to get the King on board and the planet should cool to a perfect 67, partly cloudy, breezy spring day 365 days per year...just need Obama to will it so.

Old 11-21-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Wow, dense much?

I am being sardonic about Obama declaring himself king last night. I think AGW is a bunch of egocentric nonsense. I am sarcastically suggesting that since the US is now ruled by a monarch, and monarchs traditionally have been given the powers of demigods, AGW people should have the god-king outlaw the bad gas that wrecks the planet.

The AGW zealot goal is economically destructive legislation to combat this phantom warming thing, but that was before America changed from nation of laws to rule by diktat. Now they just need to get the King on board and the planet should cool to a perfect 67, partly cloudy, breezy spring day 365 days per year...just need Obama to will it so.

What seriously dude? There are like thousands of other threads that deal with OBAMA. I thought this was about GW. He declared himself king last night? I wasn't aware.

Old 11-21-2014, 02:09 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,649 posts, read 16,138,284 times
it has been predicted to be a milder winter this year...
Winter 1 - meteorologists 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPrbccEdI5o

Old 11-21-2014, 02:09 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTy View Post
What seriously dude? There are like thousands of other threads that deal with OBAMA. I thought this was about GW. He declared himself king last night? I wasn't aware.
You should read the news.

Point being, outlawing the production of CO2 will fix everything, so says AGW zealotry. Since last night, you only need Obama to agree for a thing to be law, so get him to do that which the House and Senate have not done since their 95-0 vote in 1997 that expressed the Senate's position of telling the IPCC to pound salt, which is wave his mighty hand, outlaw the use of fossil fuels entirely, and the problem will be solved.

Old 11-21-2014, 02:12 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
You didn't read the well-laid out explanation provided to you.

Polar amplification alters the jet-stream, thus dumps cold air over the United States. Lake Effect snow is caused by cooler air over warmer lake waters. The difference in cold air and lake air was more extreme, hence the intense the more intense weather event.

You're deflecting the conversation from the original topic.

I think the poster is keeping inline with stupid.

BTW...denier Units of textile measurement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-21-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
You should read the news.

Point being, outlawing the production of CO2 will fix everything, so says AGW zealotry. Since last night, you only need Obama to agree for a thing to be law, so get him to do that which the House and Senate have not done since their 95-0 vote in 1997 that expressed the Senate's position of telling the IPCC to pound salt, which is wave his mighty hand, outlaw the use of fossil fuels entirely, and the problem will be solved.
I haven't seen any news about anyone declaring to be KING. Where's the news source? Even it were true what does this have to do with GW? Outlawing C02? There are so many things wrong with that statement that i wont even begin to respond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies