Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 06:27 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times

Advertisements

The root of all evils in the USA today.

Teaching right from wrong at an early age, along with staying on top of them as they learn everyday, on the way to adulthood.

In every conclusion: Good or bad, Parenting has been the driver for the outcome of the soon to be adults(if they make it that far, in the cases of bad)

From the doctors that sacrifice themselves to go treat Ebola patients, to the jobless thugs that prey on the weak in society. It all starts with the parents, which direction the kids life will take.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:32 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Yup, Didnt hear that in Dear Leader's speech to the masses last night.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Yup, Didnt hear that in Dear Leader's speech to the masses last night.

Nor will you ever hear that from the ruling elite.
You can only control the ignorant.
Then you have schools taking over the parenting roles, as a band-aide on the symptom, never curing the cause.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:16 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,849,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Teaching right from wrong at an early age, along with staying on top of them as they learn everyday, on the way to adulthood.

In every conclusion: Good or bad, Parenting has been the driver for the outcome of the soon to be adults(if they make it that far, in the cases of bad)

From the doctors that sacrifice themselves to go treat Ebola patients, to the jobless thugs that prey on the weak in society. It all starts with the parents, which direction the kids life will take.
Dude, you are wrong.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Dude, you are wrong.

Thanks, for your participation. Your Parenting T shirt is at the door, on the way out.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:25 AM

7,507 posts, read 5,755,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Dude, you are wrong.
Dude, like you just proved my mans point. 😂

Old 11-25-2014, 07:30 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
I think parenting, in many cases, has a lot to do with it. Are the parents there, do they show love and attention to their children, do they push them to have good grades?

HOWEVER. .....

A parent can also do everything right and still have a child that goes nuts, does something awful, or becomes a criminal in a moment of a lack of thought.

I bet those boys, some of them, had good parents that raped that girl at the University of Virginia. Yet, they still raped that girl.

Parenting is important, but its not always the root cause.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:33 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

LOL...I had to disagree with you on a topic in another thread but this one I completely agree with you. This is so true and is really rearing it ugly head in many of the issues we have going on in society today.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:34 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I think parenting, in many cases, has a lot to do with it. Are the parents there, do they show love and attention to their children, do they push them to have good grades?

HOWEVER. .....

A parent can also do everything right and still have a child that goes nuts, does something awful, or becomes a criminal in a moment of a lack of thought.

I bet those boys, some of them, had good parents that raped that girl at the University of Virginia. Yet, they still raped that girl.

Of course, there are those individuals that no matter what are just mis-wired or something in the head. Nothing will help those types but that are the minority.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

HOWEVER. .....

Teaching self control, and the consequences of not practicing it, is a parents job one.
If those boys had good parents, they would not be raping a girl.
The boys were never taught right from wrong and the consequences they face in society for doing so.
My kid has had every opportunity to go down the wrong path and chose not to.

Teaching a kid there are choices in life. Some good and some bad. Once you make a choice, you will live with the outcome for the rest of their lives. Good choices can get you ahead in life and bad choices can bring on a lot of pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies