Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2014, 09:44 AM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Who were the barbarians who sold those slaves?
And where does slavery thrive today?

Well, it's quite obvious that Islam as it has been practiced for 1600 years was and continues to be the source, and model, of modern slavery. The only people practicing countrywide slavery today are Muslims in Africa as they have been doing so since they invaded the continent. In addition to country wide Slavery we only have to look at ISIS, the Boka Haram and others to see modern day evidents of it's practice.

modern slavery in africa - Bing Videos

Old 12-03-2014, 09:50 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,637 times
[quote=damian.shay;37495089]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Translation: "Some random black guy (or at least, someone claiming to be black behind a keyboard) agrees with everything I say, so why can't other black people do the same?"

Translation, Because I'm black you expect me to be a radical anti anything that's not black liberal otherwise I'm just a troll pretending to be black? I apologize I don't fit in with your view of how I should be but I am a human being with heart so to me yes white lives, black lives, asian lives, hispanic lives etc etc matter to me...Google black on white hate crimes if you can bear to see the images, and why isn't this being reported in the media ever?

You have people like Sharpton, Jackson etc blaming everything on whites and saying they are racists but if I had to hazard a guess it would be this, Annual white on black hate crimes 10 or less, Annual black on white hate crimes 15-20,000 although you can't really know for sure since AG Holder said that if your white you can't be the victim of a hate crime.

I know it's shocking to actually see a black guy stand up for other races, but that's how I feel, all lives matter and equality should mean hate crime prosecution for everyone that is guilty of it, and attention focused on black vs everyone else crimes in the media as well, not just one sided.
Sure you're black.

And I notice you say you stand up for other races, but really your posts from this thread and others are really about you standing up for whites. And all the injustices and horrors done to whites and the hands of blacks. We get it, you care about everyone, but in particular you really care about how crappy black people treat whites, and how unfair it is.

And no it isn't shocking to see a black person stand up for the rights of others. It's shocking that you think that we believe you're black. But carry on with the trolling.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:05 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian.shay View Post
I see 2 major problem's at the moment that are making this division so prominent

1.) The Obama administration, before you accuse me of being a conservative I am neither radical liberal or radical conservative, but without looking at this from a simplistic left vs right view, Obama is seriously the worst President in recent history he has done more to ruin any progress we have made in terms of race relations than anyone before him.

2.) The Media, they hand pick cases of someone black being killed by someone white when it's usually just self defense and they know that uneducated angry people will be ready to riot at a moment's notice, and before you accuse me of being racist I am a black male, and I want to see total equality and by that I also mean more attention brought to the heinous black on white crime that is happening as a result of these riots.
1). Obama hasn't been a very good president. I'm a liberal by the way. But he has not done anything to ruin "progress" in race relations. Please cite specific evidence as to how he HIMSELF has fueled race division in the USA? And don't use the ignorance on citydata or storm-front as your source. I'm curious as to how he's "hurt progress"--you know what policies his administration has implemented that has made race relations worse than in 2008 when he was first elected.

2) I agree that the media is big issue. But not solely for the reasons you've listed. Crime is crime, race aside. Certain cases get more attention than others. If people choose to blindly follow the media like sheep than so be it. What I'm interested in, is why you continue to post about how black on white crime is heinous or worse, and all the injustices done to whites by blacks--and yet you don't post about other crimes pertaining to other races. If you're against crime in general, and media coverage(the way and the stories they choose to cover) I get it. But I'm 100% certain you're trolling and that your intention is to paint both groups in a certain light.

SMH, I see you.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:10 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Before Obama was elected, Limbaugh stated that race relations would deteriorate under Obama. Have you ever seen the country so racially divided?

Your perception of race relation deterioration is just that, a perception. You cherry pick recent events and ignore. .Rodney King, OJ, and other issues.

I do not think there has been a deterioration. I think its been a building fire of discrimination. . .that can only be tolerated so long. Only so many unarmed black men can be shot, without cause, until people say "enough"

Don't confuse perception for reality. It is called vividness bias.. .

Old 12-03-2014, 10:12 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i would say in this case that black and white want the same thing
justice
mr obama to be fair has suggested a step of progress-- video cameras.
i think there are limits to civil rights law protection. violence should not excused bek of civil rights
perhaps with cameras we can get to the truth. but if that truth shows attacks on police officers i think that the community will have to accept that violence and defiance of the law is not acceptable. the truth, you must be ready to receive the truth that you ask for. i am not sure that is the case.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:13 AM

47 posts, read 37,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
1). Obama hasn't been a very good president. I'm a liberal by the way. But he has not done anything to ruin "progress" in race relations. Please cite specific evidence as to how he HIMSELF has fueled race division in the USA? And don't use the ignorance on citydata or storm-front as your source. I'm curious as to how he's "hurt progress"--you know what policies his administration has implemented that has made race relations worse than in 2008 when he was first elected.

2) I agree that the media is big issue. But not solely for the reasons you've listed. Crime is crime, race aside. Certain cases get more attention than others. If people choose to blindly follow the media like sheep than so be it. What I'm interested in, is why you continue to post about how black on white crime is heinous or worse, and all the injustices done to whites by blacks--and yet you don't post about other crimes pertaining to other races. If you're against crime in general, and media coverage(the way and the stories they choose to cover) I get it. But I'm 100% certain you're trolling and that your intention is to paint both groups in a certain light.

SMH, I see you.
I'm also against any group vs any group crime if you read my previous posts you would know that, my only point in singling out black on white is that they are at an all time high right now due to current event's, lots of angry blacks killing or injuring the first white person they see, I'd like to see fair and balanced reporting in the media for once not just one sided bias. Look I understand where your coming from dismissing me as a troll and not really black is the cool thing to do and makes you feel vindicated but its just not true.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i would say in this case that black and white want the same thing
justice
mr obama to be fair has suggested a step of progress-- video cameras.
i think there are limits to civil rights law protection. violence should not excused bek of civil rights
perhaps with cameras we can get to the truth. but if that truth shows attacks on police officers i think that the community will have to accept that violence and defiance of the law is not acceptable. the truth, you must be ready to receive the truth that you ask for. i am not sure that is the case.
Yes, exactly Obama needs to be fair he's way to biased it's not even a black on white issue to me as much as a thug issue, He wants to stand up for thugs and make them martyrs while completely forgetting the successful law abiding decent blacks like my family who aren't fixated on blaming everyone for they're problems. I agree body cameras would be a great start, but a lot of people will have to deal with some inconvenient truths and won't be able to play the victim anymore.

Old 12-03-2014, 06:01 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,518,890 times
Quote:
I'm also against any group vs any group crime if you read my previous posts you would know that, my only point in singling out black on white is that they are at an all time high right now due to current event's, lots of angry blacks killing or injuring the first white person they see, I'd like to see fair and balanced reporting in the media for once not just one sided bias. Look I understand where your coming from dismissing me as a troll and not really black is the cool thing to do and makes you feel vindicated but its just not true.
You are certainly a troll. There are not "lots of angry blacks killing or injuring the first white person they see." Nor are "black on white" crimes "at an all time high right now due to current event's [sic]." Statements like that make it clear that you migrated here from Stormfront.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
You are certainly a troll. There are not "lots of angry blacks killing or injuring the first white person they see." Nor are "black on white" crimes "at an all time high right now due to current event's [sic]." Statements like that make it clear that you migrated here from Stormfront.
Yes I know calling someone a troll makes you feel cool and edgy like you've humiliated me in the high school lunch room lol, but honestly I think people need to be informed that's my point, on that same note the media should also publish how many people have died at the hands of an Illegal Immigrant in the last 10 years, but fair and balanced reporting doesn't sell I get it and I understand having an honest discussion on here without being called a troll or a liar just doesn't happen.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:32 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Yes I know calling someone a troll makes you feel cool and edgy like you've humiliated me in the high school lunch room lol, but honestly I think people need to be informed that's my point, on that same note the media should also publish how many people have died at the hands of an Illegal Immigrant in the last 10 years, but fair and balanced reporting doesn't sell I get it and I understand having an honest discussion on here without being called a troll or a liar just doesn't happen.
There were around 12,000 people murdered last year. The majority were Blacks killed by other Blacks. If any group is being killed by "lots of angry Blacks", it is Black men. Black men are the #1 murder victim demographic. White murder victimhood is actually alot less than you suggest. Whites and Asians get murdered less than any other demographics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies