Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 11:04 AM

3,913 posts, read 4,568,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm in my 50's and I have never seen the disrespectful divide we have today.
I think it's across the board in general. Ruder, cruder, etc.
Ever read any of the comments on Youtube? Seems people are meaner and more hostile than ever.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:05 AM

15,358 posts, read 12,682,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
Race...thank you.
oh... OK.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:06 AM

15,358 posts, read 12,682,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Did you see who is demonstrating in NY? It is mostly white people. And there are plenty of white people among the crowds in Ferguson, too. That is very different from the 60s. There are plenty of people of all colors who realize that the cops in the US are out of control and see the disparate enforcement of laws depending on race - and are sick and tired of both.

There are plenty of racists around, though. Obama's election did not make any more of them, it just gave cover for them to act out their racism under the pretense of political criticism. If you follow this forum, or Limbaugh, or Fox, you will see myriad examples of that.
but those white people have "white guilt" caused by the Liberal in charge. (sarcasm)

Old 11-26-2014, 11:06 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,934,160 times
Get off the internet, the last haven for racists, and try real life for a change. I have seen no increased racial tension in real life.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:10 AM

233 posts, read 191,508 times
Black people are finally starting to be heard and that's shaking up the status quo. White supremacy is threatened so of course this is going to be perceived as being more "racially" divided.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:13 AM

31,175 posts, read 22,209,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
cnn is the ladle!! and as of right now Ferguson is the pot that needs stirring..
For sure. They even were running their banner that protest were breaking out across the country. The only reason people showed for half of those protests was because a CNN news crew was there

In the mean time those of us in Cubicle land who work in mixed environment continue to go to lunch, dinner, socialize and attend parties with each other.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:16 AM

39,125 posts, read 51,383,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Get off the internet, the last haven for racists, and try real life for a change. I have seen no increased racial tension in real life.
Good point. I would add the media to that as well. Right or left, they accentuate and exaggerate our differences making them larger than they really are.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:22 AM

23,635 posts, read 17,318,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Before Obama was elected, Limbaugh stated that race relations would deteriorate under Obama. Have you ever seen the country so racially divided?

I wasn't alive in the 60s and don't remember the Rodney King riots, but I've never seen the country this torn apart by race, and I think Ferguson finally blew the lid off the pressure cooker.

It's been a steady drumbeat of racial issues the last few years. The Skip Gates arrest outside his home a couple years back, Trayvon Martin, and now Ferguson. In each one of those cases, the media and the "advocates" seem to want to drum things up and get people upset. It's certainly worked.

Do you think race relations are going to continue to deteriorate? I'd say this is the worst it's been since the 60s.
Never before has a US president done so much to divide a nation for political advantage.
Race relations have been set back by this administration and will require time to recover.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:24 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,461,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Before Obama was elected, Limbaugh stated that race relations would deteriorate under Obama. Have you ever seen the country so racially divided?

I wasn't alive in the 60s and don't remember the Rodney King riots, but I've never seen the country this torn apart by race, and I think Ferguson finally blew the lid off the pressure cooker.

It's been a steady drumbeat of racial issues the last few years. The Skip Gates arrest outside his home a couple years back, Trayvon Martin, and now Ferguson. In each one of those cases, the media and the "advocates" seem to want to drum things up and get people upset. It's certainly worked.

Do you think race relations are going to continue to deteriorate? I'd say this is the worst it's been since the 60s.
I have to tell you offline the Brown case isn't really resonating. Sure the activists and college loons are making a ruckus but every day folks not so much. I had a co-worker ask yesterday me what was going on, he doesn't listen to the news but gets snippets.

He knew absolutely nothing about the case. He's white. I've had one discussion with a black coworker about this case, who thinks Wilson should be charged but was ho hum about it. In contrast during the Zimmerman case folks were talking about it all day long. People would be listening to the trial at their desks and giving each other updates. Maybe if Brown's case got to trial interest would have grown who knows.

Basically the country isn't any more or less divided than it was it's just now with the internet you get bombarded with strident opinions.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:24 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,577,766 times
if someone is mugging me and throwing me around by the throat in my store we dont have a race relations issue. look at the videos from ferguson when brown attacked and robbed the store owner just b4 the arrest and shooting. the store owner was btw a colored man not a white man.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 11-26-2014 at 11:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies