Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Group of People Who Have Had It Worst Are The...
American Indians 32 31.37%
Jews 37 36.27%
Chinese 4 3.92%
Japanese 1 0.98%
Vietnamese 0 0%
Irish 5 4.90%
Black Africans 11 10.78%
African-Americans 12 11.76%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 12:19 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
LEARNING a language does not simply include speaking...did you not attend school?

More like these topics always end up with people spewing their lack of education regarding different peoples. Clearly, there some groups about whom they fight to remain ignorant.
If what you say is true then an illiterate person is unable to speak which is ridiculous.

And instead of deflecting with the "I am brilliant and above everybody and those with different viewpoints aren't worthy of conversation" routine why not engage in dialog instead of attempting to constantly shut down lines of communication?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 12:31 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
If what you say is true then an illiterate person is unable to speak which is ridiculous.

And instead of deflecting with the "I am brilliant and above everybody and those with different viewpoints aren't worthy of conversation" routine why not engage in dialog instead of attempting to constantly shut down lines of communication?
Keep on dodging the point...LOL.

Old 11-29-2014, 12:57 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
No...you can be illiterate and SPEAK a language.
Agreed. Otherwise many of us wouldn't been able to understand each other way back in the day here in the US.

Old 11-29-2014, 01:23 PM

31,048 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
The poll is highly inaccurate and reflects a limited and uneducated viewpoint.

"Black" Africans are not an ethnic group...that term is made up of a plethora of ethnic groups.

African-Americans descend from over 40 ethnic groups.

American Indians also descend from a myriad of ethnic groups.
"African-Americans descend from over 40 ethnic groups.

American Indians also descend from a myriad of ethnic groups"

The West and the US government has taken upon itself to categorize entire regions of the world to contain one ethinic group, such as Hispanic and Asian, so no surprise that in general, many people see all American Indian, all black and all White as one group. They have been very successful at it.

Old 11-29-2014, 01:42 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"African-Americans descend from over 40 ethnic groups.

American Indians also descend from a myriad of ethnic groups"

The West and the US government has taken upon itself to categorize entire regions of the world to contain one ethinic group, such as Hispanic and Asian, so no surprise that in general, many people see all American Indian, all black and all White as one group. They have been very successful at it.
Yes...sadly.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 11-30-2014 at 06:10 AM.. Reason: Off topic

Old 11-29-2014, 02:08 PM

11 posts, read 35,004 times
I just looked at the poll results and I am surprised Jews are not on top!
I think Jews had it hard always through out the history. It is not fair for a such smart and creative race. Jews contributed to science and technology so much in this country. Let's not forget the contributions to the TV, music and movies...

Old 11-29-2014, 02:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2000 View Post
I just looked at the poll results and I am surprised Jews are not on top!
I think Jews had it hard always through out the history. It is not fair for a such smart and creative race. Jews contributed to science and technology so much in this country. Let's not forget the contributions to the TV, music and movies...
Who cares??

Why is it "unfair?" Jews are humans like everyone else.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 11-30-2014 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: Off topic

Old 11-29-2014, 02:17 PM

1,204 posts, read 872,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Starting out I didn't think I would like this post. I was pleasantly surprised by the end.

Same here.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:42 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
If I am to feel sorry for an ethnic group which one should I feel the most sorry for?
ALL OF THEM!

I chose Jews because no other ethnic group has ever gone through the ethnic cleansing (such a tame phrase) that Hitler put the Jews through.

C'mon, how can anyone say 6 million killed in just a decade isn;t the worst in history?

Anyone who disagrees, please cite another ethnic group who suffered the same percentage.

Keep in mind that Hitler wiped out more than half the Jews. There is no comparison that I know of.

BTW, I've never understood why blacks (like desertdetroiter) hate the Jews. They should be kindred spirits, along with First Nations.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:50 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
I would perhaps choose Jewish people as well. I also have tremendous respect for the Jews.

"That brought thoughts of my own wife to mind. And as we stumbled on for miles, slipping on icy spots, supporting each other time and again, dragging one another on and upward, nothing was said, but we both knew: each of us was thinking of his wife. Occasionally I looked at the sky, where the stars were fading and the pink light of the morning was beginning to spread behind a dark bank of clouds. But my mind clung to my wife's image, imagining it with an uncanny acuteness. I heard her answering me, saw her smile, her frank and encouraging look. Real or not, her look then was more luminous than the sun which was beginning to rise."

------------Man's Search for Meaning
by Viktor Frankl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies