Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 05:58 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Most Americans are respect to Black Americans every day. If anything I think Black Americans are Harder and more Ill feelings against normal white people.
I think you are referring to "Ghetto Black Americans"

Old 12-01-2014, 06:10 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
You can't ignore racism out of existence. You must actively combat bias.

Give this a try: https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/selectatest.html Don't freak out at the results.

Personal Biases May Be Stoking the Flames in Ferguson - Scientific American
I didn't mean to literally not talk about it. You obviously can't ignore it and hope it goes away. I meant we need to be proactive is making clear that the color of ones skin means absolutely nothing. We'd have to be proactive in changing the social institutions that like to talk about race, be it in a positive or negative way. While celebrating our respective races in a way that is not putting other races down is not really a bad thing, it still project a division. Once the concept of race is effectively removed from our minds, we can live in a world where we don't kill each other over the color of our skin.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:46 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racks View Post
WAH WAH WAH!!! Do you want a widdle boddle? A nippie?

Geez, some of you people are the weakest life forms on earth. No wonder the most privileged racial and gender group on earth also has the highest suicide rate. Grow up and learn that there is life outside of your bubble. The little crumble of "adversity" (and I use that term loosely) you get you're on a high horse and complaining. This is what I call textbook example of white privilege and it is pathetic.

Tell the truth - you and many others like you are not just tired but surprised that black people are finally putting together a united front and calling the B.S. that happens to innocent black men and women in this country by the hands of domestic terrorists. Welp, keep complaining because we aren't going away and the news isn't stopping coverage because we all know that black people peak so much interest to you.
Walk in the shoes of a poor white person , there is no white privilege. Just privileged people who are wealthy. there are many poor whites who are under privileged and always will be...

There are many black people who have wealth along with privilege. That is the real truth!!

Old 12-02-2014, 09:18 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Stop your whining.

It's not "whites" who are under attack but the "unearned privilege" that whites enjoy to the detriment of everyone who isn't white. Until this society deals with its greatest shame, Slavery and its residual effects and inequality, this will always be a problem. This country needs to address this matter, and its obvious that Conservatives or the people who benefit from the status quo are unwilling to even talk about it in a rational way.

So get used to it. CHANGE is underway. Either become a part of the solution, or whine and be part of the problem.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:17 AM

47 posts, read 37,463 times
OP,

I'm a black male and I'm on your side, the vilifying of anyone white is awful and needs to stop, I live in and interact in mostly white areas and the injustuces I deal with from white people are horrible (sarcasm) treated with respect, never antagonized or accused of acting white like other blacks accuse me of doing.

When whites decide to protest about the black on white revenge crimes and flash mobs and knockout games give me a call I'll be the first to join, I may be black but more importantly I'm a human being and a compassionate one at that and I'm sick and tired of what my community is doing to others.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:15 PM

779 posts, read 632,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian.shay View Post
OP,

I'm a black male and I'm on your side, the vilifying of anyone white is awful and needs to stop, I live in and interact in mostly white areas and the injustuces I deal with from white people are horrible (sarcasm) treated with respect, never antagonized or accused of acting white like other blacks accuse me of doing.

When whites decide to protest about the black on white revenge crimes and flash mobs and knockout games give me a call I'll be the first to join, I may be black but more importantly I'm a human being and a compassionate one at that and I'm sick and tired of what my community is doing to others.

Your community isn't doing crap to other people. Some loser dudes who don't know how to act are doing something. See I think this is where Uncle Tom is a relevant label. I'm not one to use that label but when people think that someone is calling someone an Uncle Tom because they disagree they may be right but it may also be that it is the correct time to use it. This seems like a good time, not because we disagree but because you, a black man, are willing to turn on an entire group that you actually belong to and allow them to be labeled as "other" because of the behavior of some of them as if you are a special snowflake and you are the only one capable of getting along with white people on a daily basis.

You've really never had a white person accuse you of acting white? That is interesting because I've gotten it plenty of times before only what they normally say is , "You aren't really black." "I mean you're not like black black" or "those blacks" or "what I think of when I think of black people". I am not a special little snowflake. My friend circle from way back in the day is filled with people who are just like me and even if they speak with a bit more slang and are less nasal than I am they are still as intelligent, if not more so, and doing the "right thing" in life.

I will agree that vilifying someone because they are white is terrible. I would vilify for someone for being a proven racist, an abuser of their power, incapable of correctly reading a situation and escalating it, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I didn't mean to literally not talk about it. You obviously can't ignore it and hope it goes away. I meant we need to be proactive is making clear that the color of ones skin means absolutely nothing. We'd have to be proactive in changing the social institutions that like to talk about race, be it in a positive or negative way. While celebrating our respective races in a way that is not putting other races down is not really a bad thing, it still project a division. Once the concept of race is effectively removed from our minds, we can live in a world where we don't kill each other over the color of our skin.

We'll always find something. It seems to be human nature. We get rid of one label and then find another one. It's what we do. All you can do is try not to go along with the collective and learn to have justified reactions to the behaviors of individuals.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:33 PM

47 posts, read 37,463 times
[quote=T_DC;37490398]Your community isn't doing crap to other people. Some loser dudes who don't know how to act are doing something. See I think this is where Uncle Tom is a relevant label. I'm not one to use that label but when people think that someone is calling someone an Uncle Tom because they disagree they may be right but it may also be that it is the correct time to use it. This seems like a good time, not because we disagree but because you, a black man, are willing to turn on an entire group that you actually belong to and allow them to be labeled as "other" because of the behavior of some of them as if you are a special snowflake and you are the only one capable of getting along with white people on a daily basis.

You've really never had a white person accuse you of acting white? That is interesting because I've gotten it plenty of times before only what they normally say is , "You aren't really black." "I mean you're not like black black" or "those blacks" or "what I think of when I think of black people". I am not a special little snowflake. My friend circle from way back in the day is filled with people who are just like me and even if they speak with a bit more slang and are less nasal than I am they are still as intelligent, if not more so, and doing the "right thing" in life.

I will agree that vilifying someone because they are white is terrible. I would vilify for someone for being a proven racist, an abuser of their power, incapable of correctly reading a situation and escalating it, etc.

I apologize for jumping the gun and using the my community term, I just am upset, I'll rephrase and just say the thugs ruin it for the good ones.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:09 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian.shay View Post
OP,

I give you a 2/10 on the trolling scale for this post. You were much better in the Guns in the USA and white people thread--7/10.

So where do you see "the vilifying of anyone white?" I don't see that, well, ever. Many people, black, white, and others, are upset about police violence in general and police violence against unarmed black people, in particular. The overwhelming majority of those people are not harming anyone. They are protesting, sharing articles, and talking to each other.

Old 12-02-2014, 02:08 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
I give you a 2/10 on the trolling scale for this post. You were much better in the Guns in the USA and white people thread--7/10.

So where do you see "the vilifying of anyone white?" I don't see that, well, ever. Many people, black, white, and others, are upset about police violence in general and police violence against unarmed black people, in particular. The overwhelming majority of those people are not harming anyone. They are protesting, sharing articles, and talking to each other.
Lmao I was going to call it but chose not to, smh, judging his posts I can definitely tell there is some trolling going on. Love his name though.

Old 12-02-2014, 02:15 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Race is a fictional social construct used by the illigitamite owners of the means of production to control the masses.

Just don't play the game.
I have money invested in the News Media so I prefer to keep the current status quo between the socially constructed races
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies