Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 02:48 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,958,567 times

Advertisements

It is no secret that Obama supports a national police force.

The FBI is not a national police force, they are not enforcers of the law, they are investigators of crimes violating federal laws and violations of the constitution in simple terms.

The increase in use of military equipment by the police might seem to be a plan going in that direction but I think it quite something different altogether. Just look at recent events, more scrutiny by federal authorities into local and municipal law enforcement operations and now a question by the President that is the basis for a review at how local police agencies are using military equipment. This mirrors increasing calls for national standards for police procedures.

Even the call for body cameras isn't what it might first seem like. There will be resistance to the use of body cameras when it comes to privacy (in your car for example) but more to the point, resistance to their use can be a powerful tool to support a national police force that would be claimed as a way to reduce 50 different state constitutions upon which local law enforcement agencies draw much of their designs for local law enforcement operations.

In other words, you could go from one town or city in the US to another and the police would all have the same general policies and procedures, subject to state and local laws governing their implementation.

Allowing the police to purchase and use military equipment is back firing but perhaps by design. Every time there is a Ferguson or higher than usual frequency of shootings ala New Mexico the call for dealing with so many different agencies all with their own rules, regulations and practices comes up. Could it be that while these situations will happen because no one is perfect, are they being used ( as examples) to slowly ready the US population to accept a national police force and is the time that we see such a force not too far off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 03:02 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Good lord, what nonsense.

1. no the "obama supports a national police force" is from out of context statements from him discussing expanding the peace corp, then used to promoto hysteria like you are spouting.

2. Sooo Obama went back in time and authorized military equipment for the police?

3. No there will not be resistance to police cameras-at least not from the public, police unions on the other hand might.

Old 12-02-2014, 03:09 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,399,873 times
Will there still be FEMA camps? I hope so because my folks could not afford to send me to camp when I was a kid.

Old 12-02-2014, 03:12 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,711 times
Spend 13 years giving local law enforcement assault rifles, armored vehicles and all manner of military gear and not a peep.

The President wants to give local police body cameras to record their actions in duty and prevent police brutality and it's "OMG Fascism!111!!"

Old 12-02-2014, 03:39 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
The Fed loves to expand. Does Obama own arming up and armoring up local PD's? Not entirely, but he owns a share. He has had the power to halt the practice. His pen certainly had no problem signing an executive order rewarding illegals. The two parties own the majority of the blame.

Old 12-02-2014, 03:41 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,087,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Spend 13 years giving local law enforcement assault rifles, armored vehicles and all manner of military gear and not a peep.

The President wants to give local police body cameras to record their actions in duty and prevent police brutality and it's "OMG Fascism!111!!"
I hear ya...makes you wonder who's paying to get this stuff posted...everyone but the cops want them to wear cameras,so I would say a national LEO lobby group has hired a PR firm to spam all forums..or so it seems.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:00 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,958,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmonster View Post
I hear ya...makes you wonder who's paying to get this stuff posted...everyone but the cops want them to wear cameras,so I would say a national LEO lobby group has hired a PR firm to spam all forums..or so it seems.
Talk about a conspiracy story (its easy to check posting history - )

Who is everyone, you?

Old 12-02-2014, 07:11 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Will there still be FEMA camps? I hope so because my folks could not afford to send me to camp when I was a kid.
I know right! My god...I'd have some days off.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:17 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
I believe we are going to eventually 2 sets of rules and laws for the Cops.
One for Black crime and one for the rest of us.

Just like in our schools they will pass laws that Blacks must be handled differently than other races.
Just like in our schools they will say that there is discrimination.
Just like in our schools there will be different standards that apply.

I just wonder when 13% of the population will stop committing 55% of the murders.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:13 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,974,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Good lord, what nonsense.

1. no the "obama supports a national police force" is from out of context statements from him discussing expanding the peace corp, then used to promoto hysteria like you are spouting.

2. Sooo Obama went back in time and authorized military equipment for the police?

3. No there will not be resistance to police cameras-at least not from the public, police unions on the other hand might.
You lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies