Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 09:12 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,744,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Ummmm.....

Did you ever wonder why to this day a police van is called a "Paddy Wagon"?

Historically, blacks certainly had it the worst. No doubt.

But to dismiss other forms of bias is factually incorrect.
You are obfuscating. I have not dismissed anything and you dam well know I have not. What I am saying is that they were DIFFERENT!!! You also know what I am getting at by the profiling question and paddy wagon does not prove a dam thing. See....smart arse and cute remarks just shows that you are not being intellectually honest. No one has said that other groups have not been oppressed.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
surnames.
Thanks....correction noted and made.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:15 AM

27,750 posts, read 16,263,156 times
Often a person that considers themselves a failure will blame others for their shortcomings... a victim mentality if you will... Many have complained about the militarization of the police.. they just dont get the press since they dont destroy property and loot.. they are often teased as conspiracy nuts..

Old 12-02-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Often a person that considers themselves a failure will blame others for their shortcomings... a victim mentality if you will... Many have complained about the militarization of the police.. they just dont get the press since they dont destroy property and loot.. they are often teased as conspiracy nuts..
Often when a person want's to consider themselves supreme, they ignore and dismiss unfair advantages that they had over others, for in order to demonstrate true supremacy, it must be a fair competition. Thus, the supremacist want to argue that everyone had the same chance....and that they came out on top because they were simply BETTER than others.

Human nature has many sides.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:21 AM

30,425 posts, read 23,889,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Another idiotic post...so ingrained in American culture. So let me repeat.

No, Irish were not treated worse...if that was the case, then they would not have any knowledge of being Irish anymore. They would be "white" with no clue of what ethnicity they are. African slaves lost all knowledge of their ethnicities, lost their names, languages and their virtually all distinct cultural knowledge.

Africans only became "black" when they reached the Americas - especially the U.S. - because the manner of oppression stripped them of all ethnic/cultural knowledge.

COMMON SENSE should tell you that the Irish experiences are not even comparable since they at least know that they are Irish.

Show me the African-Americans that hold Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Ashanti, Akan or whatever ethnic names they came from. Show me the ones with knowledge of that.

Do you people really think before you regurgitate such stupidity? You cannot speaking about manner of oppression because you have not a clue what was actually lost.

But yet you ramble about Irish. How about this, stop talking about "black" people and tell me about the Igbo, the Hausa, the Akan etc. brought to the U.S. What happened to them?
This post is such a fricken lie, there is nothing more to say. You can deny all you want, you are full of it.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This post is such a fricken lie, there is nothing more to say. You can deny all you want, you are full of it.
Why did you not correct the lie instead of just saying that it was a lie? What is false about what was stated?

Old 12-02-2014, 09:24 AM

30,425 posts, read 23,889,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Why did you not correct the lie instead of just saying that it was a lie? What is false about what was stated?
Are you caribdoll? Are you on here with two accounts? I didn't address you.

I provided SEVERAL links for you to view. Stop with the lies, people.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:24 AM

39,381 posts, read 27,775,469 times
Quote:

The truth is that all other minorities benefit in America from the struggles put forth by black people.
I think op just wanted to make the above point although the rest of post was a little bit extreme.

I Do believe other minority groups should give black community credit where credit is due. Black civil right leaders have fought for all minority rights.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:25 AM

13,685 posts, read 20,843,999 times
Quote:
You are obfuscating. I have not dismissed anything and you dam well know I have not. What I am saying is that they were DIFFERENT!!! You also know what I am getting at by the profiling question and paddy wagon does not prove a dam thing. See....smart arse and cute remarks just shows that you are not being intellectually honest. No one has said that other groups have not been oppressed.
I know it was different and I believe I said as much. The Paddy Wagon reference was an indication that the Irish had their own problems with the police.

And for good reason- the Irish were once justifiably known for crime. We changed, so can you. (That's me being smart arse).

"Profiling" is a rather nebulous concept that means everything and nothing at all. Suffice it to say if crime stats and data were not what they are, we would never hear about it.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Are you caribdoll? Are you on here with two accounts? I didn't address you.
I am on the side of truth. I thought what was stated is true.....if it is false then I am asking to be enlightened me with truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies