Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 03:51 PM

7,515 posts, read 5,758,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I Just Saw the Obamacare Health Insurance Premium Estimates … God Help the Middle and Lower Classes!

Between this and the escalating student loan situation, which is still manageable but growing more monstrous with each passing semester, it is as if the Federal government is doing everything within its power, intentional or not, to destroy the middle class.

Obamacare Health Insurance Premiums Unaffordable
Once the actual costs start hitting the blue collar workers it will be repeal out of demand. The niment a family of 4 realizes the pay 1,000 in fines or a couple tgiusand for insurance you betcha! It will be repealed. Heck, nothing's kicked in yet because Osama Hussien ignored the law and pushed it off so not to damage his parties election results 😂😂😂we see how that worked out eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 03:57 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,974,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So Petch, since you posted this....do you agree with the articles idea that Canada has the right idea? Or did you read that far?
Canada rations health care, doesn't invest in technology, and has a terrible shortage of EVERYTHING. It's resources are badly misallocated and it is ALWAYS behind the curve.

That's what you call "the right idea".

It never ceases to amaze me that you can be so stunningly wrong. It's like you work very hard at being the most incorrect you can possibly be.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:05 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,943,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Canada rations health care, doesn't invest in technology, and has a terrible shortage of EVERYTHING. It's resources are badly misallocated and it is ALWAYS behind the curve.

That's what you call "the right idea".

It never ceases to amaze me that you can be so stunningly wrong. It's like you work very hard at being the most incorrect you can possibly be.
From what I have read Canada has the perfect system (it's free which seems to be the only thing that matters) for anyone who isn't sick.

I used to go to Ontario a lot 15 years ago and I well remember hospitals all over the province closing up in September not to open again until January 1st because funding ran out.

Not just skeleton manned but closed, doors all locked and lights all off.

Old 12-02-2014, 04:13 PM

720 posts, read 706,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Just think if there was a free market for medicine and pricing was set on ability to pay what would happen to prices. Doctors would adjust their prices and business model to reflect the population's ability to pay. Prices would fall dramatically. As it is now, prices are artificially inflated by government intervention into the system. The ACA will make it worse.

If liberals weren't so stupid they could be republicans.
Liberals do have an advantage in believing the fuzzy world of non reality but Republicans also take for granted Americans are stupid to the max. as we continue to elect one or the other. Same animal with two heads....

Old 12-02-2014, 05:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
An odd blog article, to say the least. I have been reading that the rates will go up in some areas of the country, and remain flat or even decrease in other areas (the article speaks of 'the general market', and Joshua never identifies where he was looking). Anyway, in those areas where rates will go down, it is apparently due to more insurance companies getting involved in said areas (more competition). I read somewhere that a part of Tennessee will have some of the highest increases, due to lack of competition.
Since profits are limited by ACA, a lack of competition shouldnt have any affect upon rates.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:31 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
I dont even know where to begin.

No the Canadian healthcare system is not perfect. Its just as good as ours though, and at half the price.

And guess what? If you want better or more....you can simply buy it! GASP! Look at it this way, a system like Canadas would provide a minimum level of care thats reasonable to everyone.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:37 PM

20,836 posts, read 17,115,957 times
American system excels in emergency care. Frequently when working with both Canadians and Americans Canadians tell me they don't know if their loved one would have survived in Canada. For routine care the Canadian system is vastly superior to what is coming. Little to no cost and you can private pay if you wish.

We priced out at $1,200.00 per month for two aged 60 with an income just over 100k. It's ridiculous.

The ACA sold as the antidote is now and will be an anathema to realistic change. Obama sold us down river to the insurance companies. No surprise there right?

Old 12-02-2014, 06:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I dont even know where to begin.

No the Canadian healthcare system is not perfect. Its just as good as ours though, and at half the price.

And guess what? If you want better or more....you can simply buy it! GASP! Look at it this way, a system like Canadas would provide a minimum level of care thats reasonable to everyone.
ACA doesnt at all address costs, which makes me wonder why you are such a supporter of it.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:12 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
ACA doesnt at all address costs, which makes me wonder why you are such a supporter of it.
Actually Im not the huge supporter of it you think I am, I would have FAR preferred single payer. That being said....

Actually it does have some parts that address cost, they are just rarely discussed. For example the profit limitation on insurance companies. And much more. But those are rarely points of contention, so everyone ignores them, and instead screams about things they don't like. People cherry pick specific situations, and locales to try and make the entire ACA sound like its represented by that cherry picked situation. Its intellectually dishonest, but at this point I am not surprised anymore by the lengths people go to decry it.

I think the original hope was that once it was passed that people would work together to improve it. Instead we've had it made plain that improving things is not what our senate and house are interested in. Its depressing to be honest.

Old 12-02-2014, 06:20 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,317,214 times
They're bringing back feudalism and eliminating the working and middle classes. That's the New "economy". The funny thing is that people were fooled and believed Obama when he told them he's for the little people and would stand up to the "man". Even after 30 years of working class and middle class decline the people still buy into these rigged elections with the bought and paid for puppets.

Obama "Care" is going to do exactly what it's supposed to do and that's put further pressure on the lower 80-85% and make them part of the dependent classes on government handouts. Steady 30-40 years of middle and working class decline with no stop insight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies