Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 10:39 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
Before the ACA, I went without health insurance because I did not want to pay the outrageous monthly fees. With the ACA, I get a 100% free 0 deductible plan from Health Plan of Nevada that covers absolutely everything at no cost. The ACA is a terrible, terrible thing I tell you!
Congratulations Katie, you are no better than a welfare recipient, proud that government is robing others to pay your way.

Yep, my premiums increased up to $610 per month, my deductible and copayment doubled all so I can pay for people like you. I'll be sure to tell my grandkids I can't afford to buy them that special gift for christmas but they should feel good because their gift money went to pay for Katie's insurance. I'm sure they'll be pleased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Before the ACA, I went without health insurance because I did not want to pay the outrageous monthly fees. With the ACA, I get a 100% free 0 deductible plan from Health Plan of Nevada that covers absolutely everything at no cost. The ACA is a terrible, terrible thing I tell you!
Yes people bend over, we are now paying double that outrageous monthly premiums because of the irresponsible Katie's of the country. Dear Katie, the rest of us weren't so happy about the high premiums either but we acted in a responsible way and paid them. But people like you, the uninsured, we are now paying even higher premiums.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:43 PM

Quote:
I have not seen that in my personal circle of friends. They may not all qualify for medicaid like me, but I have not heard of any major price increases either.

I never said anything of the sort. Are you going to tell me if you qualify for free insurance you would turn it down? I didn't think so.

It must be the class of people you surround yourself with.

Yep, the Katie's of this country who are happy someone else is paying for their handout are the GREEDY self serving pathetic people of this country.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:48 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
The cost does not go down just by who pays. We know what the government run VA is like already. The government can not touch private sector for handling claims either.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:02 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,424,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Sure, a few hundred thousand might need to die without receiving treatment first and the economy might subsequently collapse. But who said system shocks didn't have consequences?

Cool story.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:17 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Why do so many people want someone else to solve their problems for them ? When they are the ones with the power to solve their own problems.

Those who were to poor to have health ins. went without it.
If under this new system you think it's to expensive then you shouldn't buy it. Now you have that option and can experience what its like to be without health ins. and make a statement too. The system will fail if you don't pay these outrageous cost. I for one have no intention of paying such large premiums with large deductibles. If I did I would be part of the problem not part of the solution.

It's the same with taxes. If 10% of the people stopped paying taxes that's about 30 million people. They don't have enough room in prison for you, or the ability to build them and house and feed you. So what will the government do ? They will solve the problem. Address the issues and do what is necessary to gain back your compliance and participation which is what is required for any government to rule. People think because they go to the voting booth to vote that is all that is necessary. But truthfully that's only one act and the beginning of what needs to be done. Don't be so willing to become sheeple. If you don't want someone to get it for free, then don't pay it, and they won't.

People think they have a right to life. That's a fairy tale. Through no choice of your own you were born and you have an obligation to die. That is the big reward for being born. What you do while you are alive is a choice. Find the courage to do what is right for you. Don't get so weak in the knees that you willingly become a slave hoping that the master will be kind. If someone invades your home and you justifiably defend yourself. How can you justify healthcare extortion ? They are robbing you and your going along with it. You even write the check.

Last edited by phma; 12-02-2014 at 11:53 PM..

Old 12-03-2014, 01:05 AM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,915 times
It seems I am being attacked here for being on medicaid. It is the law that I have to have health insurance so I have no choice. I am not happy with other people's health insurance going up so that they can pay for mine. I only posted in this thread to correct the thread title "God help the middle and lower classes" to show that for some people, the ACA is beneficial. I don't write the laws, but if I did, I'd implement a single payer system like they have in other countries.

Old 12-03-2014, 03:35 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,283,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Just think if there was a free market for medicine and pricing was set on ability to pay what would happen to prices. Doctors would adjust their prices and business model to reflect the population's ability to pay. Prices would fall dramatically. As it is now, prices are artificially inflated by government intervention into the system. The ACA will make it worse.

If liberals weren't so stupid they could be republicans.
You don't know your history. It WAS a free market until *insurance companies* stepped in to "cut costs" in the second half of the 20th century.

Yeah, our privatizing health care was a stupid idea w no foresight. A Republicans idea.

Read a book sometimes.

Old 12-03-2014, 03:56 AM

1,329 posts, read 832,871 times
My prediction is that while the ACA is not perfect, it will be gradually accepted by the majority of the country, including Republicans. People will see the clear benefits and be swayed, regardless of ideology. It's already happening.

Old 12-03-2014, 04:31 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
It seems I am being attacked here for being on medicaid. It is the law that I have to have health insurance so I have no choice. I am not happy with other people's health insurance going up so that they can pay for mine. I only posted in this thread to correct the thread title "God help the middle and lower classes" to show that for some people, the ACA is beneficial. I don't write the laws, but if I did, I'd implement a single payer system like they have in other countries.
The law is also being attacked as inefficient because it should have made it more affordable, not less affordable.

You have insurance, but only because millions of other people lost theirs..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies