Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 12:46 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,733 times

Advertisements

The Red Cross CEO Has Been Misleading About Where Donors’ Dollars Are Going
Once donated dollars are in Red Cross hands, the charity spends additional money on "management and general" expenses, which includes things like back office accounting. That means the portion of donated dollars going to overhead is even higher.

The Red Cross CEO Has Been Misleading About Where Donors

Learn Before You Donate!

Red Cross Scandals - Learn Before you Donate

The Red Cross Secret Disaster Propublica
Just how badly does the american red cross want to keep secret how it raised and spent over $300 million after hurricane sandy? the charity has hired a fancy law firm. Read more on "the red cross' secret disaster": charity prioritized pr.
Share via email internal survey shows the red cross’ own employees doubt the charity’s ethics survey results obtained by propublica also show a crisis of trust. Assistance critical to enabling red cross to respond to disasters in the united states. The american red cross (arc) also known as the american national red cross is a humanitarian organization that provides emergency assistance disaster relief and. You can find more explanation in Red cross: how we spent sandy money is a ‘trade secret.

http://economic-gonews.rhcloud.com/s...er-propublica/

I have never trusted The Red Cross. I was a Military Brat and I heard military men talk about seeing The Red Cross charge for coffee and blankets they were giving out!

The only charity that has never had a financial scandal is The Salvation Army and I personally know of several cases of their not only giving to the needy, but refusing payment for doing so!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 01:20 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
The only charity that has never had a financial scandal is The Salvation Army and I personally know of several cases of their not only giving to the needy, but refusing payment for doing so!
The Salvation Army spends about 81% of donations on programs - about the same as the Red Cross - plus the Red Cross isn't homophobic.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The Salvation Army spends about 81% of donations on programs - about the same as the Red Cross - plus the Red Cross isn't homophobic.

And how could you possibly know that[what I bolded]?

I read a library book about charities and it said TSA is the only charity that has never had a financial scandal! Everyone that I know has either has had a good experience with TSA or personally knows of someone who has.

I'm sure everyone heard on the news of the complaints about The Red Cross after Hurricane Katrina!

Old 12-05-2014, 02:50 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:

And how could you possibly know that[what I bolded]?

I read a library book about charities and it said TSA is the only charity that has never had a financial scandal! Everyone that I know has either has had a good experience with TSA or personally knows of someone who has.

I'm sure everyone heard on the news of the complaints about The Red Cross after Hurricane Katrina!
Directors fired as $2M in toys, nearly $250K in cash go missing from Salvation Army centres.
Mere days into its high-profile Christmas kettle drive and a busy donation season, the Salvation Army is grappling with two separate scandals that have led to senior personnel losing their jobs.

Salvation Army fires directors after cash, $2M in toys go missing | National Post

And they're homophobic. I never heard of the Red Cross being against the LGBT community.
The Salvation Army's History of Anti-LGBT Discrimination*|*Zinnia Jones

Furthermore, the Red Cross jumps into action here immediately after a fire, paying for the residents to stay at a hotel and providing food, coffee and blankets. No charge.

Old 12-05-2014, 03:18 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
Quote:
The Red Cross CEO Has Been Misleading About Where Donors’ Dollars Are Going
Once donated dollars are in Red Cross hands, the charity spends additional money on "management and general" expenses, which includes things like back office accounting. That means the portion of donated dollars going to overhead is even higher.

The Red Cross CEO Has Been Misleading About Where Donors

Learn Before You Donate!

Red Cross Scandals - Learn Before you Donate

The Red Cross Secret Disaster Propublica
Just how badly does the american red cross want to keep secret how it raised and spent over $300 million after hurricane sandy? the charity has hired a fancy law firm. Read more on "the red cross' secret disaster": charity prioritized pr.
Share via email internal survey shows the red cross’ own employees doubt the charity’s ethics survey results obtained by propublica also show a crisis of trust. Assistance critical to enabling red cross to respond to disasters in the united states. The american red cross (arc) also known as the american national red cross is a humanitarian organization that provides emergency assistance disaster relief and. You can find more explanation in Red cross: how we spent sandy money is a ‘trade secret.

The Red Cross Secret Disaster Propublica | Complete PDF Library

I have never trusted The Red Cross. I was a Military Brat and I heard military men talk about seeing The Red Cross charge for coffee and blankets they were giving out!

my dad and several uncles were military and never had a single good word to say about the Red Cross...ever.

Old 12-05-2014, 04:19 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
A fine example of Red Cross "help":
When I was in Vietnam, my soon-to-be-ex wife wanted a divorce, but she couldn't get one.
I asked for a 30 day "Early Out" so I could get home and try to save my marriage.
The Red Cross had to sign off on it. Nobody else could do it, it HAD to be the Red Cross.
So, they sent a worker to interview my wife. the worker asked "If you husband comes home early, do you think your marriage can be saved?"
Remember, SHE wants the divorce! Of course, she said "NO!"
So, naturally, request denied due to quite possibly the dumbest interview in history by the Red Cross.
I haven't given them anything since.
To complete the story, the Army, in their infinite wisdom, for their "convenience", gave me a 15 day early out anyway, so I beat her boyfriend home by about a week. She took off with him, so I filed for divorce. she got what she wanted.

Old 12-05-2014, 04:29 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times
The Red Cross has not had a good reputation since at least the 1960's.

Old 12-05-2014, 04:42 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
While serving in North African and European theaters of operation during WWII, it was common for replacement kit to not keep up with troop movements.

My Troop Sargeant father and some of his men's kit were burnt in a fire on their tank from enemy tracer fire. No replacement kit was available so petitioned the Red Cross for donated knitted socks etc.. They were told they'd have to purchase said items whereas Salvation Army handed them free out based upon need and supply.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Directors fired as $2M in toys, nearly $250K in cash go missing from Salvation Army centres.
Mere days into its high-profile Christmas kettle drive and a busy donation season, the Salvation Army is grappling with two separate scandals that have led to senior personnel losing their jobs.

Salvation Army fires directors after cash, $2M in toys go missing | National Post

And they're homophobic. I never heard of the Red Cross being against the LGBT community.
The Salvation Army's History of Anti-LGBT Discrimination*|*Zinnia Jones

Furthermore, the Red Cross jumps into action here immediately after a fire, paying for the residents to stay at a hotel and providing food, coffee and blankets. No charge.
I had never heard of this story,as far as them being against homos,they ARE A CHURCH!

Thank goodness there are still a very few who do not embrace THAT sexual perversion,good for them!!

Old 12-05-2014, 11:05 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Quote:
I had never heard of this story,as far as them being against homos,they ARE A CHURCH!

Thank goodness there are still a very few who do not embrace THAT sexual perversion,good for them!!
But they shelter perverts. A teenage boy was turned away from a Sally Ann shelter on a sub zero winter night because he might be molested by one of their residents.

Salvation Army revisits shelter policy after family turned away - WMC Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

"They said he's too old to stay on the women's side, because of the women running around in their pajamas and they said he's too young to stay on the men's side in case some pervert wants to do whatever,"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies