Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 03:26 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I've been saying for a while that we created ISIS....or shall i say that we SURELY created the conditions for it by yet again interfering in the internal affairs of a foreign nation thereby making a bad situation much worse.

This piece/interview in the Guardian by Martin Chulov features an interview with Abu Ahmed, who explains how they formed ISIS right under our noses by using Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi (ISIS leader), who tricked the Americans into believing that he was a peaceful Sunni leader. This excerpt is unbelievable:

Pathetic. And it gets worse:

Congratulations my fellow Americans. You should be proud.

ISIS leader: "If there was no American prison in Iraq, there would be no ISIS"
" "If there was no American prison in Iraq, there would be no ISIS""

"Yes, Charlie Brown, I will NOT pull the football away THIS TIME when you attempt to kick it"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 03:27 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
I think America has a toxic co-dependent relationship with Middle east.

Like this

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EpeMUkCF9L...+triangle.jpeg

That region of the world is costing us a fortune.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
I frankly do not give rats ass about anyone over there. Is there ever a good excuse for killing your enemies (in your opinion).
You asked if they should just focus onkilling their enemy instead of killing peripheral figures.

OK...what enemies are you talking about? Americans?

Old 12-11-2014, 03:28 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
Quote:
But why are they killing so many of their countrymen? Would'nt they just kind of focus on the enemy? Why so much rape and beheadings? I don't follow how killing children teaches the US a lesson?
They view themselves as the real Islam and anyone who opposes them is a Muslim Uncle Tom. Also remember almost no ISIS fighters are from Iraq or Syria, they are mostly angry young Muslim men raised in the West by Muslim immigrant parents.

The specific things they've done to Syrian soldiers (marching them into the desert in their underwear and executing them) is retaliation for things Assad's army has done to Syrian civilians, like bombing day care centers or preventing food shipments to cities that don't stop rebelling.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:30 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
But why are they killing so many of their countrymen? Would'nt they just kind of focus on the enemy? Why so much rape and beheadings? I don't follow how killing children teaches the US a lesson?
Think of Sunnis and Shias as North and South 1863.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" "If there was no American prison in Iraq, there would be no ISIS""

"Yes, Charlie Brown, I will NOT pull the football away THIS TIME when you attempt to kick it"
Pffffft...LMAO....you're not REALLY gonna try that one, are you?

Why would the guy have any reason to lie about it? Especially when what he said makes perfect sense and is chronologically correct. You can't poke holes in it except to call his own character into question, and you can't do that because you don't know him personally nor do you know anything about him except that he's an ISIS member.

And frankly, being in ISIS doesn't make anything he says implausible unless you can prove it's a lie. And you can't.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:31 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
I've been saying for a while that we created ISIS....or shall i say that we SURELY created the conditions for it by yet again interfering in the internal affairs of a foreign nation thereby making a bad situation much worse.

This piece/interview in the Guardian by Martin Chulov features an interview with Abu Ahmed, who explains how they formed ISIS right under our noses by using Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi (ISIS leader), who tricked the Americans into believing that he was a peaceful Sunni leader. This excerpt is unbelievable:

Right....................................

If only you had not made me angry, I would not have struck you!

I think you fail to understand the goals of radical Islam and realize that no induction is required for them to take violent and barbaric action.

Sadly, the mindset of the OP is that shared by most liberals (Obama included). I think we have seen over the last six years of Obama that attempts to placate and appease Muslim radicals only emboldens them to press further.

Wake up.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:33 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:

agreed, there should be isis graves, not prison cells

Old 12-11-2014, 03:34 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:

I agree 100%. Many Americans complain about how everyone is our enemy and we (particularly politicians who don't get their hands dirty) must spend more money on the War on Terror, yet we jump at the chance to enter someone else's military conflict without asking, send troops to this and that country for whatever reason, or even worse, declare war on other countries. Those are not ways to win friends and influence people.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:34 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,936 times
Quote:
You asked if they should just focus onkilling their enemy instead of killing peripheral figures.

OK...what enemies are you talking about? Americans?
Yep. Americans. If these ragheads have their panties in a bunch becuase we had a prison in Iraq for three years why are they not after Americans?

Why are they killing so many people in their country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies