Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 08:45 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I'm not the one who conducted the study. I met plenty of conservatives when I lived in the US.
Very pessimistic people.
Hardly true. You can't generalize like that.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:46 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
How do you think Obama would do in the real business world where he had to actually perform and produce?

In the same vein, how would most Educators perform?

Old 12-13-2014, 08:49 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Let's start with your first sentence.

You honestly think conservatives are "always scared?"

Come on, your post is built on a premise that you don't even believe in.

Fact - survey after survey worldwide show conservatives are happier and less likely to blame others for their slips.
All you have to do is read the threads on CD. The world is always coming to an end. The blacks are going to get you, America is finished, keep your guns close, illegals are taking over, we're becoming a communist nation, evil is winning, homosexuals will destroy society, Armageddon is at hand.

It certainly isn't the liberals who are doing all the hand-wringing.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:49 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Didn't polls show Romney winning before the election too? Romney lost bad in 2012 because Romney was a bad choice, no poll can change that history.
Two of the Final Nine Polls had Romney +1, over all the average had Obama up.

This poll has Romney up +9 if there were a rematch.

If you truly believe that Romney is a bad candidate - that is fine. However, that bad candidate owns Obama in the rematch polls - meaning that you should also realize that Obama would be a bad candidate if he had to run again. Thankfully for him, most people didn't realize how much of a liar Obama was in 2012.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:53 PM

Quote:
All you have to do is read the threads on CD. The world is always coming to an end. The blacks are going to get you, America is finished, keep your guns close, illegals are taking over, we're becoming a communist nation, evil is winning, homosexuals will destroy society, Armageddon is at hand.
Good anecdotal evidence proving that all conservatives are always afraid.

I have certainly never came across any fear mongering or anger from liberals. It is not as if Elizabeth Warren warned us in 2013 that the shutdown was going to lead to anarchy, kill children, give thousands lead poisoning, etc...

Fact you can continue to ignore -- survey after survey worldwide shows conservatives as happier and less likely to blame others for their problems.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:55 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Good anecdotal evidence proving that all conservatives are always afraid.

I have certainly never came across any fear mongering or anger from liberals. It is not as if Elizabeth Warren warned us in 2013 that the shutdown was going to lead to anarchy, kill children, give thousands lead poisoning, etc...

Fact you can continue to ignore -- survey after survey worldwide shows conservatives as happier and less likely to blame others for their problems.
Lol! No, they never blame liberals for their problems.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:58 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
I'm not the one who conducted the study. I met plenty of conservatives when I lived in the US.
Very pessimistic people.
What cares who published a "study".

Only suckers believe what is contrary to reality, because someone with a title told them to.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:59 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
How do you think Obama would do in the real business world where he had to actually perform and produce?

In the same vein, how would most Educators perform?
Probably just as good as any other lawyer. I have known a number of educators that were also business owners, so it depends on the person.

Old 12-13-2014, 09:01 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Did any of you ever go to college?

I did and wasn't brainwashed.
As a matter of fact, yes I did starting 50 years ago when colleges dealt more with hard, academic subjects than politically correct, social engineering.

By the way, if you were being cleverly indoctrinated/brainwashed you wouldn't have known it.

Old 12-13-2014, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Lol! No, they never blame liberals for their problems. And Obama has never blamed Bush?
You have a hard time understanding absolutes - don't you.

Here are some tips that will help you grasp concepts better. Figure out the meaning of the following words/phrases: "tends to", all, always, and "more/less likely to."

So, do you really believe that conservatives are scared "all" the time?

Why are my surveys wrong that show that conservatives are more likely to be happy and less likely to blame others for their problems?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies