Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 12:39 AM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So you are saying he shot himself on purpose? While i get you are saying that he Should be more careful because of his training, the practicality of how you used that phrasing was wrong on multiple levels.

And further more, you still havent shown a reasoning for responding to my post with your comment. He didnt purposefully shoot himself or attempt to shoot a kid in the room.

That is the only thing that would justify you trying to use him as an example for my post, and even if you believe it is a good example, it would be an example from 2006( at best because we dont know the actual recording date), which is 8 years ago.

I can give you 8 examples of officers shooting unarmed black men in the last 2 years.
After reading your post, I'm realizing that I didn't make the connection with Mr. Wilson's video and the evidence for Black police officers shooting people. I was thrown off because the video could have easily been a SNL skit! That's how ridiculous the officer's actions were.

However, he was NOT shooting at the students or anyone else intentionally (just his own foot but I digress) so it still doesn't compare to the very real stories and videos of White male police officers shooting a person intentionally not accidentally and killing them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 12:41 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson C. View Post
The term you are struggling to produce is "negligent discharge". His "negligence" could have killed someone very easily. He was L-U-C-K-Y is all.....still caught one in his own foot. Um yeah, most Departments would fire you for that.

You are continuing to go off topic. Your entire response has nothing to do with my post; Which was asking for BUlldog to show where Officers of color shot people and got away.

So i will ask again, why did you believe that video backed up that argument?

Old 12-15-2014, 12:43 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
After reading your post, I'm realizing that I didn't make the connection with Mr. Wilson's video and the evidence for Black police officers shooting people. I was thrown off because the video could have easily been a SNL skit! That's how ridiculous the officer's actions were.

However, he was NOT shooting at the students or anyone else intentionally (just his own foot but I digress) so it still doesn't compare to the very real stories and videos of White male police officers shooting a person intentionally not accidentally and killing them.
exactly, I dont understand why Wilson responded to my post. Nothing he posted has actually been in response to the context of my post.

Old 12-15-2014, 12:54 AM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,733 times
Default Police dept keeps records

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Cops of all colors shoot people when they need to.
You only hear about it when a white cop shoots a black guy.
I've heard that a few times on this thread but no evidence so far, only hearsay. It's kind of like the theory that Bigfoot exists. There is no hard and fast evidence yet but from time to time eye-witnesses claim to have been driving down a country hwy around midnight and seen him take two leaps across the road about three feet in front of the moving car. Police departments have to keep records on arrests and of course anytime they shoot their firearm on duty. Surely, if Black male police, Asian, Latino police, or female police have a high propensity to shoot people in the line of duty, there exists credible documentation to corroborate this.

Old 12-15-2014, 01:42 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Deadly Force, in Black and White - ProPublica

Who is killing all those black men and boys?
Mostly white officers. But in hundreds of instances, black officers, too. Black officers account for a little more than 10 percent of all fatal police shootings. Of those they kill, though, 78 percent were black.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:45 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Deadly Force, in Black and White - ProPublica

Who is killing all those black men and boys?
Mostly white officers. But in hundreds of instances, black officers, too. Black officers account for a little more than 10 percent of all fatal police shootings. Of those they kill, though, 78 percent were black.
I guess that I missed the news reports on the rioting and looting on that 78%.....Or could it be that it doesn't fit the Agenda of blacks and the MSN!!!!!!!!

Old 12-15-2014, 06:56 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
I posted this as a question in another thread but felt it wasn't related to that thread and deserved it's on thread for discussion.

Backstory first: I support police and I think most are good. They have to deal with all types of people (petty criminals, career criminals, murderers, rapists, emotionally disturbed, mentally delayed, insane, insanely violent, idiotic, arrogant, etc.). They never know what to expect when they stop a person.

I believe that a lot of the Black lives that have been lost lately could have been avoided had the person themselves not behaved as they did because it opened the flood gates for a negative response. Once that happens, you can't control how it will end up. There used to be a saying when using common sense was in vogue about 30 years ago, "don't let your mouth write a check that your body can't cash". Basically, don't let your actions end up hurting you much more that you could ever recover from.

My question, which I'd especially like to hear responses from White male cops if any are reading or lurking: The police force of most urban areas are not made up of 100% White males yet that is always the race and gender of the cop who uses excessive force such as firing their gun 11, 20, even 40 times into the suspect and we have these situations like what is going on now. Why is that?

Why it is that Black male cops, Latino cops, Asian cops, and females cops of any race manage to deal with these same criminals, violent or potentially violent Blacks but the end results aren't nearly as tragic even 1/4 the time as it is with White male cops at the helm? To put it another way, why does it seem that all the other police can do it but only White males in law enforcement appear incapable of accessing the situation involving Black males and responding appropriately without the end result becoming so tragic and disruptive to the rest of the country? Thanks in advance for your serious responses.
Agreed tho most "Latino" cops ARE tagged as "white" when there's a police involved shooting.

Old 12-15-2014, 07:02 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson C. View Post
The black DEA Agent above you not only negligently discharged his GLOCK in a classroom full of children, he also shot himself in the foot in the process. Thank God he had his muzzle pointed down or a kid or several could have been killed.
There's a medical name for this: Glockfoot. Alot of cops have shot themselves in the foot with their Glocks. The militarization of the police started in the 1980s when practically every police department in the country switched from 6 shot revolvers to high capacity Glocks. These autos seem to make cops feel invincible and lead to some bad judgement.

Last edited by r small; 12-15-2014 at 07:31 AM..

Old 12-15-2014, 07:04 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
I posted this as a question in another thread but felt it wasn't related to that thread and deserved it's on thread for discussion.

Backstory first: I support police and I think most are good. They have to deal with all types of people (petty criminals, career criminals, murderers, rapists, emotionally disturbed, mentally delayed, insane, insanely violent, idiotic, arrogant, etc.). They never know what to expect when they stop a person.

I believe that a lot of the Black lives that have been lost lately could have been avoided had the person themselves not behaved as they did because it opened the flood gates for a negative response. Once that happens, you can't control how it will end up. There used to be a saying when using common sense was in vogue about 30 years ago, "don't let your mouth write a check that your body can't cash". Basically, don't let your actions end up hurting you much more that you could ever recover from.

My question, which I'd especially like to hear responses from White male cops if any are reading or lurking: The police force of most urban areas are not made up of 100% White males yet that is always the race and gender of the cop who uses excessive force such as firing their gun 11, 20, even 40 times into the suspect and we have these situations like what is going on now. Why is that?

Why it is that Black male cops, Latino cops, Asian cops, and females cops of any race manage to deal with these same criminals, violent or potentially violent Blacks but the end results aren't nearly as tragic even 1/4 the time as it is with White male cops at the helm? To put it another way, why does it seem that all the other police can do it but only White males in law enforcement appear incapable of accessing the situation involving Black males and responding appropriately without the end result becoming so tragic and disruptive to the rest of the country? Thanks in advance for your serious responses.
Not only as cops....but as soldiers as well. What is the race of US soldiers usually charged with abusing prisoners or showed urinating on the corpses of the "enemy"? The vast majority of the soldiers I seen brought up on abuse charges where white.

Old 12-15-2014, 07:23 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
If the evidence is so available, why is it kept so quiet? Why does everyone refrain from publishing it? At least those stories would give some balance to what is happening so that it's clear it's not just White male police who keep getting involved (or should I say shooting their way in) in these types of tragic situations?
Clues lie in the 911 tapes that the media editied in the Martin case to make it seem a racist incident though GZ was more hispanic.

The media and media darling activists have an agenda to exacerbate the racial divide to forward their political agenda.

Why is the media silent on the death of a 9 year old black girl as colateral damage in a gang shoot out?

The media uses terms like 'choke hold' which have a legal definition and hopes to stir emotions knowing hardly anyone can distinguish legal terms from common use terms.

The media is about man bites dog, not dog bites man. White on black sells, black on white is not news and would be promoting a negative image, a perceived slight against that race. If they don't report it,it never happened and so there is less press to use as evidence.

Litmus test for media bias; Alsharpton has a show on msnbc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies