Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2014, 05:43 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,362,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Oh...well, those ARE just "blobs of cells," so you can go right ahead and abort those. Christians don't consider those to be humans whose lives have any value.
According to whom? You?

Muslims execute homosexuals, however. You knew that, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 05:55 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,362,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Sad story, and I'm sorry that your friend had such a difficult time with the aftermath. Many others, myself included, have no such regrets. I know without a doubt that it was not the right time for me to bring a child into the world that I could not support. You would have called me a leech had I done so and then needed federal assistance to care for the child, and you would have had no sympathy for me. You would have told me I should have just kept my legs crossed or some other totally non-helpful thing for me in the situation I found myself in.

I see this kind of judgmental stuff here on C-D every day regarding women who have children they can't support. Leeches are among the nicer things they're called. You are filled with piousness here, but it only lasts as long as the child is in utereo. After that, you don't really care what happens to that child, or to the woman who may struggle the rest of her life to care for it. Your pious self-righteous words will not feed or clothe or educate that child, or make you care one whit about it once it's here.

And it's not your body that is housing an unwanted child. So really, you should simply shut up about things you know absolutely nothing about.
You just "happened to find yourself" in that "situation?" Pregnancy, just happened, without your involvement in it at all, without your own volition?

So, you destroyed another human. Who knows what that human might have brought to the world. Perhaps a cure for cancer.

Old 12-23-2014, 06:00 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,443,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
...Perhaps a cure for cancer.

Perhaps a serial killer. Who knows?

Old 12-23-2014, 07:53 AM

63,178 posts, read 29,329,473 times
Quote:
You just "happened to find yourself" in that "situation?" Pregnancy, just happened, without your involvement in it at all, without your own volition?

So, you destroyed another human. Who knows what that human might have brought to the world. Perhaps a cure for cancer.
I know. Ridiculous isn't it? Just happened to find oneself pregnant. How about acting responsible in the first place so that doesn't happen? Then they go on to claim that we only care about the unborn but not those that are born. Caring about those already born shouldn't include the taxpayer taking care of them. It still all goes back to the irresponsibility of the mother (and father). If you make a mistake then either give the child up for adoption or figure out a way to raise it yourself. Killing the unborn or expecting the taxpayer to care for it when it is born are not the solutions.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:55 AM

63,178 posts, read 29,329,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Perhaps a serial killer. Who knows?
There are a lot more humans who are sane and that can make something of themselves than those who turn into serial killers. Epic fail on your part.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:12 AM

18,437 posts, read 19,086,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I know. Ridiculous isn't it? Just happened to find oneself pregnant. How about acting responsible in the first place so that doesn't happen? Then they go on to claim that we only care about the unborn but not those that are born. Caring about those already born shouldn't include the taxpayer taking care of them. It still all goes back to the irresponsibility of the mother (and father). If you make a mistake then either give the child up for adoption or figure out a way to raise it yourself. Killing the unborn or expecting the taxpayer to care for it when it is born are not the solutions.

sound like the old saying "you made your bed..." saying yes to sex is not saying yes to pregnancy. not in this day and age. a woman has every right not to take a pregnancy to term if she doesn't want to.

you don't want women aborting, you don't want poor women on the dole, in a perfect world maybe, but not the way of the world in reality.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
There are a lot more humans who are sane and that can make something of themselves than those who turn into serial killers. Epic fail on your part.

ahhh but we do have criminals don't we. a good deal of them repeat what they see, born into poverty and living in crime filled areas. most with no father figure and mother's who never wanted them in the first place. such a great way to grow up.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:15 AM

28,343 posts, read 16,443,665 times
Quote:

You think the odds are better that a child will become a serial murderer or cure cancer?

It's only an "epic fail" on my part if it's also an "epic fail" on nononsenseguy's part, too.

You take care, now.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
What is basic science? Maybe nothing will ever convince you personally, but people more independent or moderate on the issue will eventually move towards being pro life.
I would disagree. a great deal of folks would never tell a woman what she should do with her own body and her own life. it is no ones business what betty from the drug store does with her life except betty.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:42 PM

6,412 posts, read 6,312,442 times
Quote:
If this is an example of the extent of your "intelligence," tell us why we should bother considering your opinion on anything? This has to be one of the most twisted views of human reproduction (which in most cases takes place by the voluntary actions of two individuals) that I have ever read! It's laughable. Just laughable! Do you consider yourself to be educated??? Just wondering.

Is that what you call, 'logic?' I'm afraid you don't have one logical thought. Moreover, I don't think you even know what 'logic' is.

Do you own a dictionary? Look up, "parasite," please. Try looking it up in an encyclopedia for an even better description.
Parasitism is a non-mutual symbiotic relationship between species, where one species, the parasite, benefits at the expense of the other, the host. Traditionally parasite referred primarily to organisms visible to the naked eye, or macroparasites (such as helminths). Parasite now includes microparasites, which are typically smaller, such as protozoans,[1][2] viruses and bacteria.[3] Some examples of parasites include the plants mistletoe and cuscuta, and animals such as hookworms.
Perhaps you think a baby [referred to as a fetus, right up until birth], is similar to a hookworm?
http://www.pathologystudent.com/wp-c...9/06/fetus.jpg
At ten weeks, it sure does look like a baby, though small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. (I posted such an image of a ten week old baby [fetus] in the palm of a hand in another thread).
This is the kind of thinking that really gives "feminist" leftist a bad name, because it is utter stupidity.

I'm not even sure what is meant by that statement. Again, it is just utter stupidity.

My responses were not to anything that you said so i understand that out of context they would not make sense to you. But nice try anyways.

Yes, you are utterly stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies