Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 02:45 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
The medical examiner used the term chokehold, for lack of a better word possibly - don't know, but the report never said anything about a cut off air supply, lack of oxygen or damage to the throat, trachea etc. It says neck compressions which can be applied to most of the neck without ever cutting off oxygen which would be consistent with his ability to speak.
In which case it wouldnt lead to your death. Coroner (far far more knowledgeable that you) said this led to his death.

NYC is going to pay out many millions of dollars because of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 02:48 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,715,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nobody is using what the Klan is doing to defend anything. Why do you think they would open up the membership? No one is joining up. They are dying.
I used that to make the point that inclusion is often a strategy of racism to hide racism. Nobody today will admit that they are racist....not even the klan and they seek to use "inclusion" as a defense against the claims of racism. Individuals do this too.....noting friends or lovers of a different race as PROOF that they cannot be racist...all while still being racist. Racism used to be a thing that people were proud of....now racism is in the closet and just as Gays used to be in the closet pretending to be strait, marrying people of the opposite sex and the like to not be detected......racist do the same thing today.

Old 12-17-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Your opinion isn't that interesting.
Nor debatable it would seem.

Old 12-17-2014, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I used that to make the point that inclusion is often a strategy of racism to hide racism. Nobody today will admit that they are racist....not even the klan and they seek to use "inclusion" as a defense against the claims of racism. Individuals do this too.....noting friends or lovers of a different race as PROOF that they cannot be racist...all while still being racist.
Fair enough.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:29 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,591,255 times
Quote:
In which case it wouldnt lead to your death. Coroner (far far more knowledgeable that you) said this led to his death.

NYC is going to pay out many millions of dollars because of this.
Led, along with the many other things he pointed out, which would actually support my point. If you're choked to death, the other things don't come into play. You die from a lack of oxygen.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Led, along with the many other things he pointed out, which would actually support my point. If you're choked to death, the other things don't come into play. You die from a lack of oxygen.
He was choked. The officer was not allowed to do this. It's amazing how you will dismiss this simply because he didn't continue to throttle him until he completely stopped breathing.

The end result was the same though.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
He was choked. The officer was not allowed to do this. It's amazing how you will dismiss this simply because he didn't continue to throttle him until he completely stopped breathing.

The end result was the same though.
pknopp has spoken.

The officer being allowed or not has been discussed and is under investigation as I pointed out.

I didn't dismiss anything, but I like to go with facts, which seem to interfere with your assumptions.

When the claim is that he was choked to death, meaning his airways were constricted until the point of death, whether or not he was "throttled" as you say until he stopped breathing would be of the utmost importance to anyone actually trying to honestly assess the situation.

Yes, then end result was indeed the same, but it wouldn't have been had Mr. Garner placed his hands behind his back.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
pknopp has spoken.
No, the coroner has spoke.

Quote:
The officer being allowed or not has been discussed and is under investigation as I pointed out.

I didn't dismiss anything, but I like to go with facts, which seem to interfere with your assumptions.
No assumptions.

Why a Medical Examiner Called Eric Garner’s Death a ‘Homicide’

On Aug. 1, a New York City medical examiner determined that the cause of death in the Garner case was “homicide,” specifically the neck compressions from the Pantaleo’s chokehold and “the compression of [Garner’s] chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police,” according to spokeswoman, Julie Bolcer.

Why a Medical Examiner Called Eric Garner's Death a 'Homicide'

The picture is clear.

Quote:
When the claim is that he was choked to death, meaning his airways were constricted until the point of death, whether or not he was "throttled" as you say until he stopped breathing would be of the utmost importance to anyone actually trying to honestly assess the situation.

Yes, then end result was indeed the same, but it wouldn't have been had Mr. Garner placed his hands behind his back.
Or if the officer hadn't jumped and choked him over an assumption of guilt.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
No, the coroner has spoke.
And based on that, so has the grand jury.

Quote:
No assumptions.

Why a Medical Examiner Called Eric Garner’s Death a ‘Homicide’

On Aug. 1, a New York City medical examiner determined that the cause of death in the Garner case was “homicide,” specifically the neck compressions from the Pantaleo’s chokehold and “the compression of [Garner’s] chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police,” according to spokeswoman, Julie Bolcer.

Why a Medical Examiner Called Eric Garner's Death a 'Homicide'

The picture is clear..
Yes, the coroner has used the term homicide to communicate that the death was caused by interaction with someone else. Guilt or innocence is determined through the courts, not someone that hasn't assessed any more evidence than the body.

Quote:
Or if the officer hadn't jumped and choked him over an assumption of guilt.
Again, you leave out key points of the sequence. He wasn't "jumped" as you say until he didn't comply. That seems to be left out of the story a lot for some reason.

As an elementary lesson, when the police decide to charge you for a violation, they are assuming guilt or they wouldn't arrest you. They are the accuser. It is then up to them to prove it in a court of law where the assumption of innocence prevails.

I've seen you confuse many points like that noted above, along with the process of the legal system, the difference between legislative authority and executive authority, and the difference between municipal and federal jurisdiction. I think you hope for the best for people which is good, but you have exposed a serious lack of understanding of the system in several posts.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:48 PM

Quote:
And based on that, so has the grand jury.
This has been covered many times but yet you feel you simply must bring it up again.

Quote:
Yes, the coroner has used the term homicide to communicate that the death was caused by interaction with someone else. Guilt or innocence is determined through the courts, not someone that hasn't assessed any more evidence than the body.
Which is exactly what many called for.

Quote:
Again, you leave out key points of the sequence. He wasn't "jumped" as you say until he didn't comply. That seems to be left out of the story a lot for some reason.
Why should he have complied? What did he do? If you are told to stop filming should you stop filming?

Quote:
As an elementary lesson, when the police decide to charge you for a violation, they are assuming guilt or they wouldn't arrest you. They are the accuser. It is then up to them to prove it in a court of law where the assumption of innocence prevails.
There must be a probable cause.

Quote:
I've seen you confuse many points like that noted above, along with the process of the legal system, the difference between legislative authority and executive authority, and the difference between municipal and federal jurisdiction. I think you hope for the best for people which is good, but you have exposed a serious lack of understanding of the system in several posts.
Neck compressions. He did not do that to himself. Picture above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies