Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Israel should keep fighting in Gaza until Hamas surrenders
YES! That is the only way to win a war 128 64.00%
NO, too many innocents will die if they fight to win 62 31.00%
Don't know 10 5.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 06:57 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,797,533 times

Advertisements

I don't understand modern war. American keeps telling Israel that it needs to stop fighting Hamas and pull out it's troops before the job is done. (Why is it our business anyway? Is Mexico telling Israel how to fight against terrorists?)

In WW2, America fought to win the war and kept bombing and killing people, including thousands of civilians until Japan, Germany and Italy lost the will to fight. To kill the Nazi leadership and troops many civilians died. America had to destroy their enemy's will to fight. Israel needs to do the same. Keep fighting until they (Hamas) says Uncle.

Didn't we learn our lesson from Korea and Vietnam that you have to fight a war to win? If Israel is being attacked, let them fight the war until the other side says uncle and they lose their will to keep fighting and lay down their arms. That is how wars ended throughout history.

Agree or disagree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 07:01 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
100% agree!

Old 07-29-2014, 07:14 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
I don't understand modern war. American keeps telling Israel that it needs to stop fighting Hamas and pull out it's troops before the job is done. (Why is it our business anyway? Is Mexico telling Israel how to fight against terrorists?)

In WW2, America fought to win the war and kept bombing and killing people, including thousands of civilians until Japan, Germany and Italy lost the will to fight. To kill the Nazi leadership and troops many civilians died. America had to destroy their enemy's will to fight. Israel needs to do the same. Keep fighting until they (Hamas) says Uncle.

Didn't we learn our lesson from Korea and Vietnam that you have to fight a war to win? If Israel is being attacked, let them fight the war until the other side says uncle and they lose their will to keep fighting and lay down their arms. That is how wars ended throughout history.

Agree or disagree?
We use drones and are pretty good at it. Israel keeps slaughtering innocent children. 43% of the population in Gaza is under 14 years old. Over 100 countries in the UN have voted to try Israel for war crimes and the USA vetoed it. There are surely other ways better that won't slaughter kids. Were Obama doing it then the outrage here would be mind boggling.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:15 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,177,421 times
Israel does not need permission from our limp-wristed kenyan to do the right thing. They will do what they need to protect their borders and people from terrorists.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
We use drones and are pretty good at it. Israel keeps slaughtering innocent children. 43% of the population in Gaza is under 14 years old. Over 100 countries in the UN have voted to try Israel for war crimes and the USA vetoed it. There are surely other ways better that won't slaughter kids. Were Obama doing it then the outrage here would be mind boggling.
The only way they are going to win the war against Hamas is to destroy Gaza's residents will to fight. Because they put their bombs and tunnel designed to kill Jews right in with the civilians, Israel needs to kill some civilians to win the war. It's a shame but there is no other way. (America killed lots of civilians when it fought against the Nazi's as a way to destroy their will to fight.)

If you are in a war, fight to win!

Old 07-29-2014, 07:28 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
I am impressed with these responses. I guess genocide is ok if it is the other women and children doing the dying. Would the genocide be acceptable if your families were dying because some "enemy" genius came up with a poison or plague?

Old 07-29-2014, 07:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Having someone say I give up, is the only way to peace.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:31 AM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
more arm chair warriors not caring how many innocent children are killed as long as "we win". how many of you have actually fought in a real war?

Old 07-29-2014, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am impressed with these responses. I guess genocide is ok if it is the other women and children doing the dying. Would the genocide be acceptable if your families were dying because some "enemy" genius came up with a poison or plague?
What if there was a terror state in Mexico sending bombs (instead of illegal Aliens) into San Diego? Would it be genocide for us to attack Mexico even if the bombs being sent into San Diego were put right next to people's homes and the civilians got in the way of stopping the bombs?

Old 07-29-2014, 07:33 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If Canada were lobbing rockets into New Hampshire would you worry about their women and children more than your own?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies